Looking for Friends doing the BIG THREE!

Options

Replies

• LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    No one wants to be my friend :(

Sorry, lost me at calling IIFYM bull :wink:

Same here but without the cutesy smiley face.

You sound like a peach.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Lost me at cardio and lifting light.
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Im looking for friends whose goal is to lose weight by doing the following three things:

1) Eating at a healthy deficit (No IIFYM bull)
    2) Doing cardio 3-4 times week
    3) Lifting light and/or heavy

Im looking to lose 10-15lbs this way and giving myself until May 2014 to accomplish it. I am not a quitter and I like people to push me and in return I will push them too. Please add me as a friend if you think we will get along. Thanks

The BIG THREE means something completely different to most folks around here.

Not discussing actual lifting in here.

I'm out.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I've owned several GMs and Fords but never a Chrysler. Sorry. I guess I'm out too.

Unless you meant Japanese cars. I've owned Nissans and Toyotas but never a Honda. Guess I'm out on that one too.

Best of luck with all your Big Three goals :flowerforyou:
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    I do not log food
    I exercise every day Spin, Pump, Insanity, Kick
    Goal for January and February is to lose 3lbs

8d00ed2d95f9599f9e9333006b34db8f.jpg
  • fitaholic718
    fitaholic718 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    boom
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Everybody down! Incoming "mean people" thread!

Nah but srs calling something you don't understand 'bull' is just not a great way to make friends.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    What is IIFYM?

If It Fits My Macos.

I think she may be looking for those who eat healthier (aka veggies, fruits, lean meats, whole grains) foods, rather than filling up on pizza, chocolate, that sort of thing.

Clearly she is confused. IIFYM =/= "filling up on pizza, chocolate"

(Though pizza is easy to fit in my macros because they way I make it, it contains the right proportions of carbs, proteins, and fats: 45/20/35 for me)

I'm aware it doesn't meant that. I'm making assumptions based on what little she posted.
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Im looking for friends whose goal is to lose weight by doing the following three things:

Im looking to lose 10-15lbs this way and giving myself until May 2014 to accomplish it. I am not a quitter and I like people to push me and in return I will push them too. Please add me as a friend if you think we will get along. Thanks

I'm out.
    right? that's what I thought this would be about.
  • DeltaZero
    DeltaZero Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Everybody down! Incoming "mean people" thread!

Nah but srs calling something you don't understand 'bull' is just not a great way to make friends.

Bully.
  • melindafritz1976
    melindafritz1976 Posts: 329 Member
    Options

i do cardio 7 times a week- 1-2 hours
    i dont do w eight lifting
    and i eat 1600 calories
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Except for #1, I think your plan sounds really sensible! I lost 66 pounds essentially following a plan of 'IIFYM' - of course I did it with a 250 calorie a day deficit... so I lost weight.

I've continued to eat under the basic philosophy of IIFYM (without a deficit), and I have successfully maintained my weight loss for two years now.

I'm not saying I eat junk all the time, but I definitely find a way to fit a moderate amount of beer/wine, cupcakes, candy, pizza, cheeseburgers, etc into my diet.

Good luck to you!

This is me too.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    OP, what exactly do you think IIFYM means, as I don't think it means what you think it means. Also, the "Big Three' does not mean what you think it means.

As usual, it appears that people think that IIFYM means stuffing your face with pizza, ice cream and pop tarts....it does not.

In case anyone wants to know what it actually means:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym

Clean eating (whatever that means), or eating at a deficit, or eating healthy and IIFYM are not mutually exclusive.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm out.

same here. I was actually wondering if she was leaving out the OHP since she mentioned three not four.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I'm out.

same here. I was actually wondering if she was leaving out the OHP since she mentioned three not four.

OHP blows so it's ok to forget it (it's my least favorite lift lol - I still do it though)
  • Tricia_wright
    Tricia_wright Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I would like to be your friend. I'm looking to push myself hard by working out at least 4 times per week. Tracking and eating healthy and being positive. I have a weight loss goal of 20 pounds. This i can do if I stay focused. Anyhelp is welcomed.
    We can shared idea's and tip/tricks.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    What is IIFYM?

If It Fits My Macos.

I think she may be looking for those who eat healthier (aka veggies, fruits, lean meats, whole grains) foods, rather than filling up on pizza, chocolate, that sort of thing.

Clearly she is confused. IIFYM =/= "filling up on pizza, chocolate"

(Though pizza is easy to fit in my macros because they way I make it, it contains the right proportions of carbs, proteins, and fats: 45/20/35 for me)

I'm aware it doesn't meant that. I'm making assumptions based on what little she posted.

That's why I said "SHE is confused" rather than "YOU are confused." :flowerforyou:
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Oh, I thought this was going to be about reading riting and rithmatic. I needed a study buddy

*exits*
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    BarbaraCarr, reveal thyself
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    BarbaraCarr, reveal thyself

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: