"H20" 12 Pounds of Christmas Challenge - Week 2

Options

Replies

• AprilVal
    AprilVal Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Terrible start for me... What a week! I was doing good for over 30 days... and last week it was so hard...I had so many cravings for dessert, chips, candies....
    It was also snowing or raining everyday and there was so much wind it was crazy!!! I did not exercice at all... did not walk,,, did not follow any of my rules I had set-up earlier in september....

OMG What a week!

So I gained 3 lbs... so I'm up to 326.4...

On the bright side, I started back today with a nice walk... I will definitely go back tomorrow!

I'm happy to see everyone are doing good! I feel like I'm not alone anymore... you are all there with the same goal... to lose weight...and you are all struggling with similar issues.

Thanks you are all an inspiration for me!

It will get better.. Maybe you should find a discipline system for when you go over board too much on sweets? Just a suggestion.. Eat more than a smidge of this or that do so many crunches, or sit ups.. or something extra? Just an idea..
  • kattungen
    Options
    @Bru - My condolances and heartfelt thoughts to you and your family. I'm lighting a candle for you tonigt, hon, hope you're taking care of yourself in all of this as well. <3

@AprilVal - I hope things work out for you :) The first holidays together are always special, I hope you'll get to have it your way :)

@StacySkinny - Congrats honey! 0.8 lbs down is still DOWN! :D
  • nursee67
    nursee67 Posts: 503
    Options
    It feels funny to be up so early and NOT going to work. I am off to the seminar...I hope it is interesting enough to keep me busy. Throwing my gym shoes in the car....we have an hour and 10 minute lunch. I do not need that long to eat so I am going to walk for awhile too. Supposed to be a beautiful day.

Challenge starting weight 200.6
    Today's weight 201.2
    Goal weight (Christmas) 190

I will post pic later today. I have a gain this week....need to turn it around. I am glad to know you are all here for support. I am hoping to see some dropping of numbers next week for me...as well as all of you!

Have a great day!!!! :smile:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies. Nick is kind of holding up. I tried to hold it in last night, but I couldn't. I took the news much worse than he did. We really were expecting it with the way his health went down hill quick, but it's still so hard to take in after losing Grandma last week. They want to do things as quickly as possible, so services are going to be either Wed-Thurs or Thurs-Fri of this week. I think Nick will let it out once we get to the wake. His baby brother, Stephen, held it in about his Grandma until the day of the funeral.

I'm glad that he is no longer suffering because I know he was in the hospital. And I'm really glad to know that he didn't have to be without Grandma for very long.

Just keep us in your prayers, there are lots of things to do now and paperwork to go over. It's going to be a long, painful process. *hugs* and thank you all again.
  • summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Bru, I'm so sorry for your losses, and for the stress this has put on your family. Now is the time to just enjoy being together as much as you can. Gma and Gpa are now together and pain free. I know that doesn't make it easier for you guys though. Hugs!!

One workout down for today, let's hope I have motivation for Zumba tonight, I'm SO excited though, I hope I love the instructor!!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    Bru, I'm so sorry for your losses, and for the stress this has put on your family. Now is the time to just enjoy being together as much as you can. Gma and Gpa are now together and pain free. I know that doesn't make it easier for you guys though. Hugs!!

I totally agree. Well put, Summer!

Be well, Bru. I know this time is a grieving time, but don't forget to take care of yourself too. Take it easy and do what makes you feel good. It helps in the healing. *hugs*
  • achbarrow
    achbarrow Posts: 325 Member
    Options

I totally agree. Well put, Summer!

Be well, Bru. I know this time is a grieving time, but don't forget to take care of yourself too. Take it easy and do what makes you feel good. It helps in the healing. *hugs*

They said it much more eloquently than I ever could. Bru you are in my thoughts *hugs*
  • achbarrow
    Options
    Today the scale read 219.8 so I'm hoping I'm officially back to my start weight. We shall see. Been trying to push myself this week as well as last to knock those pounds out. It doesn't help that the dreaded winter drip is back along with a sore throat. I'm now trying to convince my body that I'm not sick since I have to work up until I leave for vacation....and I REFUSE to be sick on vacation. I don't know what my workouts are going to look like on vacation, I'm hoping the hotels have fitness centers to I can get something in.

Hope everyone is having a good week!

@ April-Glad to hear you are feeling better!
  • Certified_Femail
    Certified_Femail Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I weighed in today because i have ti use scales out of the house i dont own a scale lol. Me no likey scales. Anyways im very pleased that i have lost 1 more pound. it was more like 1 1/2 but im gonna go with the 1. I can not believe how I just keep plugging along. 3 more lbs and i will be at half way to my goal its just like a dream come true. My pants are loose i look in the mirror and I can even tell. Sheesh! I hope everyone is getting the encouragement that i get by just logging here and seeing everyone struggle. Good job everyone. Thanks to to this site and Tammy who I saw on the today show when she said, (the first thing I did was join myfitnesspal.com) I logged right on and started looking at everyone trying to do the same thing i was. Its a comfort you just dont feel so alone. xoxoxoxox:smooched:
  • Brat3073
    Brat3073 Posts: 160
    Options
    Wow.. Week 1 flew by. Here we are starting week 2 ALREADY.

I would like to thank all of you who have joined, and who are helping make the Christmas challenge a success so far. I love it!

I would like to welcome all the newbies into the "H20" group. Its a group I started up a few months back and its been a lot of fun so far. I love the people who Ive met thru the group. We have a WONDERFUL group of people. :)

CHALLENGE 1 - WEEK 2
    Week 2 (11/06) - 2 minutes of meditation a day (Gotta get that zen time in! The holidays are stressful and we need to remember to calm the inner being so we can shine brighter.) * Thank you Pinky for the suggestions*

CHALLENGE 2 - WEEK 2
    Week 2 (11/06) - 30 sec sprint 3x this week (if you cant sprint find something along the same lines to get your heart pumping.) *Thank you Bru for the suggestions*

QUOTE of the WEEK:

"Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it". ~Plato

I would like to remind everyone that if you have any suggestions for challenges please do run them past me.. Im willing to add challenges in.. :)

ANYONE is welcomed to join this challenge at ANY time, so feel free to spread the word.. The more the merrier! :)

Heres to week 2! :drinker:
    Eight more weeks to go!

I love the challenges! They help to keep us motivated i think. The meditation is an easy one for me....once the family is in bed, i do 15 minutes of yoga and meditat for about 15-20 after that!
  • StacySkinny
    StacySkinny Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    A lot of the hotels will actually put you next to the gym (if they have one). Here's hoping they have one. :) I stayed at Double Tree on my last vacation and when we checked in we asked for a room close to the gym. They put us directly across from the gym. It was a lifesaver! Because passing by the gym every evening when we got back to the hotel just put my fitness into the front of my mind and actually gave me the motivation to work out every evening while on vacation. That's more than I do at home!! hahah It was AWESOME! The gym was great and they even had individual TVs on each of the treadmills and stationary bikes. It's great to workout while watching TV - It makes the time go by so fast and helps to make the workout that much more pleasant! Anyway, I hope you get to feeling better soon, sweetness! And have fun on your vacation!
  • achbarrow
    Options
    Thanks Stacy, that's a great idea and Congrats on kicking out those 3 lbs!! ^_^
  • looby1968
    looby1968 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    4lb weight gain!!!!! Argh!!!!!!!! Hoping it's a combination of water retention (TOM is due, I think) and muscle -building from my Jillian workouts!
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Ladies, thank you so much. Right now, we're doing ok, but we haven't heard a date yet. Once that day gets here, I know it will be hard. I wish I had the extra funds to run away to a spa and get a MUCH over due massage, pedicure, the works. In time, maybe. We have many other stresses that have come with this news thoough, and its stuff that can't be brushed off or easily fixed. But we're hanging in there, thank you again for your words, they really do mean a lot. Love you all, Bru
  • mommaski4
    mommaski4 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Ladies, thank you so much. Right now, we're doing ok, but we haven't heard a date yet. Once that day gets here, I know it will be hard. I wish I had the extra funds to run away to a spa and get a MUCH over due massage, pedicure, the works. In time, maybe. We have many other stresses that have come with this news thoough, and its stuff that can't be brushed off or easily fixed. But we're hanging in there, thank you again for your words, they really do mean a lot. Love you all, Bru

Hugs to you Bru. Glad to see you are still here and going strong during your time of such great stress and sadness. You really are a motivation to me. Stay here with us and keep yourself in one-der-land! That in itself has got to be a great motivator to you!
  • mommaski4
    Options
    So I never got on last leek to log my weight loss. (I keep losing the thread - :tongue: ) 1.5 of the 12 lbs GONE! I was in the single digits of the 200's. My goal is to be in one-der-land by Christmas!

I have not been meditating. I am not sure how! My mind always continues, even drifting off to sleep at night. I guess I really should learn how. As for the sprints, they are a great idea. Instead I have been pushing myself to run farther and farther. I want that much more, even though it is a slow jog. Earlier this week was 10 minutes straight. Today I ran in my neighborhood (flat, as opposed to the bridge) and I kept pushing for just one more minute, just one more minute. I ended up running 20+ minutes straight. I stopped because I closed my loop around the neighborhood and was just tickled to death! I mapped it and it was 1.47 miles! Me, running over a mile! :drinker: Wow!
  • mommaski4
    Options
    Cenedria, you will NOT be sick for vacation! :wink: Enjoy yourself. Many hotel do have fitness centers, even if they are small. Another thing you might try is to do a lot of walking throughout the day. Explore by foot and not just by car. Enjoy yourself!
  • dawn_eichert
    dawn_eichert Posts: 487 Member
    Options

Stay strong Bru and when you need to let loose, do so. Don't hold it in as then it just burns more. As long as you and Nick stay there for each other and allow the space when needed, you will make it through. Time does eventually heal but it can be a long process. Know that we are here for you. Sending Hugs and Prayers
  • mollybeslimmer
    mollybeslimmer Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    sending out prayers and loving comforting prayers to All~

up 2 pounds.
    H20Xmax SW:302.4
    H20Xmas2:304.4
  • aprildauer
    Options
    I havent been on much lately and just saw Bru's post. Im sorry about your lose and sending prayers your way.

Ive been having problems with everything in life it seems to stay on track. But I guess I had a big wake up call after this weekend when my friend posted pics of me. I had planned to start monday but my daughter has been so sick it hasnt been possible to start. My new plan is that today is a new day and she seems to be much better today so tonight I will, no matter what get my workout in. I also planned most of my meal for today and have stuck to most of it with a little moving around lunch though. So Im hoping for a lose this week.

Have a good day everyone.