From 420.2 pounds to 219.6 pounds. (Picture.)

Options

Replies

• 77tes
    77tes Posts: 7,778 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulations! :drinker:
  • AgataZasada
    Options
    this is amazing - great work and congrats!
  • BekaBooluvsu
    BekaBooluvsu Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    WOW! Great job!!
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Wow. Awesome new year success story.

Hope your 2014 is just as productive.

Walter White lives! Love the hat!

And to OP: Dream come true. I wish you wonderful success at using your great new skills to keep the weight off and enjoy a terrific new life!
  • TallGlassOfQuirky
    TallGlassOfQuirky Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

As someone else said, that is a lot of weight and not a lot of calories, but you started out so heavy and with such an urgent need to lose weight for health reasons that the normal rules of healthy weight loss apply less strictly to you, especially since although you really don't eat many calories, you seem to understand how to get the most nutritional bang for your caloric buck.

Now that you are approaching your healthy weight, though, I hope you talk to your doctor and consider gradually increasing your calories to a sustainable level for a healthy young man of your height and fitness level. I also applaud you for recognizing the importance of exercise. Now that you are so much lighter, you have less strain on your joints and exercise will be easier on you than before.

I again congratulate you on your progress and wish you well as you move forward.
  • BrotherSpankus
    Options
    My God!!! That's amazing!! You're a real inspiration, well done you! x
  • judyamk
    judyamk Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all the hard work you did.I am sure there were days that were harder than others. I am on my way to being healthy & fit also. I have gained 41 pounds which to me is a lot. My husband started to walk again. He lost 23 pounds in 3 months then he had a shift change at work and we both quit walking. he gained it back plus more. His Mom died at the age of 69 from diabetes and had both legs off within 2 months she gave up & is no longer with us. Every time she went for blood work she would eat normal for 3 days then right after blood work back to heavy eating. I know she would be here with us today if she only took better care of herself. Plus his grandparents died at 52 of heart attacks & only 2 Aunts left on his Mom's side due to hear tissues and obesity, ( one Uncle was murdered ). I was on spark people for some time, but a relative told me about this site & likes it better than Sparks. Although I will go back & forth as they have the fitness videos with real people no animation on the Sparks site. Even with the very cold weather I am continuing to walk. I have been out of work ( sick leave ) due to eye surgery, but go back tomorrow that will be hard, but i am going to make myself get out there and walk.
    so I really thank you for the time you put into writing your blog that gives any one that reads it so much encouragement as I have shown your before and after photo to Gary and told him how you did it. My calories are 1300 also I thought at first that is not enough I will starve, gee no way I am eating differently & do not feel hungry. I am a carb eater and I eat at night , so my friend told me about getting Fit & active yogurt freezing it . that is awesome taste better than ice cream to me, also she suggested rice cakes & put peanut butter on I bought the caramel ones & put 1 tablespoon. of peanut butter on Plus I bought a Nutri Bullet & blast away my fruits with a 1 tablespoon of flax seed or chia seeds along with 1 cup of spinach,1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup frozen blue berries ,1/2 apple ,1/2 pear 1 banana my seeds & blast away. This helps with the wanting of carbs also. Well i need to whip up some BLT I will have the bacon done in the oven as my friends said to place it in a pan with grooves to catch the fat drippings. I like turkey bacon, but Gary said for them the high test. we do not have them too often
    Have a good evening as tomorrow night into Friday we are to get heavy snow. !!
    Take Care
    Judy
  • opalescence
    opalescence Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Superawesomeness! Congrats to you for taking control of your health and getting your life back!

The highest of 5's to you!
  • mgorham13
    mgorham13 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    That's one hell of a year man, way to go. I am nowhere near that pace I started at 395ish but I am getting there I'm also 6'3. Good luck with the fitness aspect I think you will love it.
  • soosun
    soosun Posts: 128
    Options
    You have such a logical approach; I love it. My son is 6'3" and he weighs about 195. He has been in the Honor Guard and got into fitness as part of the army plan. I think you will do very well with your fitness goals. Take it slow and steady. The nice thing about losing weight when you are young it that you have a great deal of muscle mass under all that skin. Take care of it. My other son was a couch potato and wanted to join the national guard, but when he went to sign up he was too fat. Being a guy he went home and ran five miles and stopped drinking any soda with sugar in it. He then proceeded to run five miles every day and drink sugar free soda. He lost his fat in three weeks and then joined the Army. He went on to lose 25 more lbs in boot camp. Exercise was what he did. You are such a success and any exercise you do will be frosting on the cake. Good luck.
    Very sad about your Father's death. I hope you have been able to come to grips with it as it seems like it might have been a trigger.....good luck and thank you for posting such a forthright post. Good luck.
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    AWESOME LOSS!! YOU DA MAN! YOU LOST AN ENTIRE PERSON, JUST AMAZING!! :smile: :drinker: :smile:
  • Gr8ChangesAhead
    Gr8ChangesAhead Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    Awesome year hopefully 2014 will be just as great :)
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    Bro...that's outstanding. Congrats and hope you can kick as much *kitten* getting fitness in order in 2014. Own this year, brother!
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I loved your story. In addition to losing all that weight, you are a riveting writer as well! Congrats, you look great!
  • mdj1501
    mdj1501 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an awesome story! Congratulations!
  • ecanales52
    ecanales52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    So inspirational, thank you for posting!! :drinker:
  • towens00
    towens00 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You are amazing & inspiring :flowerforyou:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation!!

Congrats on your success!!!
  • mikemsu
    mikemsu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success! I've been on a similar path this past year so I understand the commitment it took for you to accomplish this. I encourage you to try the gym and/or working out. I had never been in a gym before Aug. 1 of this year. I love the challenge and progress I've made in lifting weights and muscle growth. Best of luck for many great years of health.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your great effort and thank you for sharing your process with us. :smile:

What've you got planned for 2014?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!