From 420.2 pounds to 219.6 pounds. (Picture.)

Options

Replies

• PosterGuy1
    PosterGuy1 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on all the hard work you did.I am sure there were days that were harder than others. I am on my way to being healthy & fit also. I have gained 41 pounds which to me is a lot. My husband started to walk again. He lost 23 pounds in 3 months then he had a shift change at work and we both quit walking. he gained it back plus more. His Mom died at the age of 69 from diabetes and had both legs off within 2 months she gave up & is no longer with us. Every time she went for blood work she would eat normal for 3 days then right after blood work back to heavy eating. I know she would be here with us today if she only took better care of herself. Plus his grandparents died at 52 of heart attacks & only 2 Aunts left on his Mom's side due to hear tissues and obesity, ( one Uncle was murdered ). I was on spark people for some time, but a relative told me about this site & likes it better than Sparks. Although I will go back & forth as they have the fitness videos with real people no animation on the Sparks site. Even with the very cold weather I am continuing to walk. I have been out of work ( sick leave ) due to eye surgery, but go back tomorrow that will be hard, but i am going to make myself get out there and walk.
    so I really thank you for the time you put into writing your blog that gives any one that reads it so much encouragement as I have shown your before and after photo to Gary and told him how you did it. My calories are 1300 also I thought at first that is not enough I will starve, gee no way I am eating differently & do not feel hungry. I am a carb eater and I eat at night , so my friend told me about getting Fit & active yogurt freezing it . that is awesome taste better than ice cream to me, also she suggested rice cakes & put peanut butter on I bought the caramel ones & put 1 tablespoon. of peanut butter on Plus I bought a Nutri Bullet & blast away my fruits with a 1 tablespoon of flax seed or chia seeds along with 1 cup of spinach,1/2 cup frozen strawberries, 1/2 cup frozen blue berries ,1/2 apple ,1/2 pear 1 banana my seeds & blast away. This helps with the wanting of carbs also. Well i need to whip up some BLT I will have the bacon done in the oven as my friends said to place it in a pan with grooves to catch the fat drippings. I like turkey bacon, but Gary said for them the high test. we do not have them too often
    Have a good evening as tomorrow night into Friday we are to get heavy snow. !!
    Take Care
    Judy

Thank you. I'm so sorry for the troubles you've faced.

It sounds like you have things under control and are going to be very successful!
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Congrats and job well done.
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    You look great and have a wonderful story behind it. Makes me happy your medical problems cleared up too.
  • Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration, thank you for sharing your story and being a motivation and proof that resolutions can work if one is willing to put in the effort.

God bless,
    Karen
  • cecesmiles
    Options
    amazing job! very inspirational :) Kudos!! xx
  • yfirgefinn
    Options
    That is amazing, congratulations and best of luck for 2014! Hopefully next year at this time I'll be here making a post like this :)
  • studentgirly
    studentgirly Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Really well done you look wonderful and it is such an achievement.
  • dreambodin2011
    dreambodin2011 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    inspirational story thank you for sharing. Wow. You are heading into an amazing journey in 2014. Well done to to you!
    Freaken wow. I am inspired!
  • mg_89
    mg_89 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    amazing story and amazing pics! Congrats!!
  • lovebig30
    lovebig30 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Good luck on your year of fitness!
  • celcey
    celcey Posts: 32
    Options
    I'm adding my congratulations to the bunch. You have done something amazing for yourself, and should be proud. Amazing efforts and the best to you in the coming new year!
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I'm so impressed. You look great! Thanks for telling your story!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Seriously impressed!!! HUGE congratulations to you!!!!
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on turning things around and on your success. Good luck for 2014.

Did you find that your loss was relatively consistent or did it start off much faster and slow down a little towards the end of the year?

Thank you, and great question. These were the monthly results-

January- 25.2 pounds
    February- 20.4 pounds
    March- 22.0 pounds
    April- 15.8 pounds
    May- 18.2 pounds
    June- 20.2 pounds
    July- 14.8 pounds
    August- 16.4 pounds
    September- 11.8 pounds
    October- 12.0 pounds
    November- 12.2 pounds
    December- 11.6 pounds

Thank you.

Again...congratulations.
  • momjmd
    momjmd Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Amazing!!! Very impressed with all of your hard work- especially that it only took you a year to lose 200 lbs!
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    What an inspirational story! thank you so much for sharing it! You look awesome!!
  • 199WillDo
    199WillDo Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I am so very proud of you (even tho we do not know each other). Congrats and have an awesome 2014 Fitness Year :drinker:
  • dawkinsc2
    dawkinsc2 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing both your pictures and your success story. I am so proud of you for losing it and even more proud of you for letting 2014 being a year of fitness for you. You're an inspiration and I hope you are good to yourself. You deserve it! I can't wait to read your story a year from now!
  • christa96
    christa96 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Simply incredible! :drinker:
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring. Thank you for sharing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!