Christmas Weight Gain - be honest!

Options

Replies

• googlebear123
    Options
    1 lb up, dont mind though. over ate a ton but all that food was extra fuel in the gym, had some relly productive sessions with great intensity, broke a couple of PR's.
  • JessiMattson
    Options
    I lost 2lbs and made it to my goal of being under 200lbs by the end of the year. I haven't been this weight in many years. Feels good, man! :D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    keep in mind that most of these gains aren't fat gains...particularly the 2-3 Lbs gains and the like. If you've been dieting, you've had your glycogen stores chronically depleted. Eating more over the holidays replenished those glycogen stores first and foremost...that can be 3-5 Lbs easily right there. Plus, if your holiday meals consist of a lot of ham and other sodium laden items and carbohydrates as mine do then you're likely retaining some water as well.

Just put it into some perspective here.
  • abelthephotographer
    Options
    Up two pounds between 23 Dec and 01 Jan. No food logging, and hardly any exercise. Plus some pretty ****ty stuff happening in personal life over Christmas.

So all in all 2lb is nothing. It happens. It will come off :)
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    I'm up about 3lbs from December 1st. For the first time ever I'm not worried at all though; I'm completely ready to get back on track. I really ate whatever I wanted for the last 2 weeks in December but I think since I never stopped logging the whole time, it's a lot easier to slide back into things.
  • livcurious
    livcurious Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It's really a December weight gain, with all the Christmas parties, etc. I gained about 6lbs, but that high weight must have included a lot of water because I'm already down 2+.
  • twl900
    twl900 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I'm up 2lbs from when two weeks ago, which was when I took a break from dieting and working out. I indulged in a lot of carbs and sweets over the holidays but I'm ready to work them off
  • laineybz
    laineybz Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    According to the scales i put on 4lbs but I know i didn't over eat by 14,000 calories lol I reckon around 2lbs is real. I'm not bothered though as could do with putting a few lbs back on.
  • leastitwasntme
    leastitwasntme Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Help! I can't brave getting on the scales, I keep thinking I'll wait a few more days in case I'm horrified by the results. I haven't logged my food correctly for a month or done any exercise. I feel that once I've seen the scales it will depress me and knock my motivation. Anyone else feel like this?
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Through sheer will power, I made it through the last few weeks and lost about a pound over that time. Had to turn down tons of goodies. Had lots of family get togethers where I often found myself hitting the veggie trays really hard (didn't take any dips) and tried to very sparingly take the occasional nibble of something sweet.

But for those of us who gave in too often to temptations, that's in the past and all we can do is be resolved to get back on track going forward, hitting the exercises, and eating healthy.
  • gmthisfeller
    gmthisfeller Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    No gain....no loss either.
  • Saramelie
    Saramelie Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    215 on December 1st, down to 206 on december 20th, back to 213 on January 1st. So I choose to see it as a 2 pounds loss in december instead of a weight gain during the holidays :tongue:
  • nicholawelch
    nicholawelch Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    5lb but not been too good this week either so expect will be a little ore than that by he end of the week when i weigh in again
  • GothicaAdore
    GothicaAdore Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    No weight gain for me, I didn't eat very much and the food that was available was far less appealing than what I normally eat.
  • hammerup
    hammerup Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I gained 11 pounds from Thanksgiving morning thru this morning today, Jan 2, 2014. I haven't been using MFP in a while, but clearly hear the 4 alarm fire bells ringing and time to get back on the wagon. One good think I have kept doing is working out 45 minutes 4 to 5 days a week. But I have been eating like a pig, no doubt. I'm married and DW makes a lot of stuff that doesn't lend itself to measuring. A "cup" of split pea soup with ham? I probably had like 8 cups a day of that stuff. Goulash and chili etc also. So I REALLY need to think and execute small portion sizes..
  • vickyplum
    vickyplum Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Bout 7lbs here

I am so far from my goal, but there has been alot going on in the past year
    as of today I am back on the wagon with food now get the exercise back on track
    and I will be laughing

Good luck to you all, I'm sure you will all get to your goal
  • DesDawn24
    DesDawn24 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I put on 3.6 pounds. Luckily, most of that seems to have been water retention as I've lost 2 since I weighed myself. I managed to restrain myself better than I thought I could. It was difficult! We had three family Christmas dinners, as well as my birthday jammed in there. I'm glad that I let myself be a little more free and enjoy the things that I love, as now I feel refreshed and ready to tackle the next leg of my journey!
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    1 lb gain, because most days i was eating at maintenance. However.... Haven't been working out, and i can tell.
  • amberkeever1
    amberkeever1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    None, amazingly! I didn't eat too badly just different and less nutritionally dense like I usually do.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Also gained 4 pounds!