Christmas Weight Gain - be honest!

Options

Replies

• CountryDevil
    CountryDevil Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    Gain? I see no gain here... I ate all the foods and actually lost 2 lbs. No kidding. I ate all the wrong things and looks like I was rewarded for it.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
  • bingefreeaubree
    bingefreeaubree Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Posts like this make me feel so much better about myself. I gained a couple pounds too and it's comforting to know so many others are in the same boat. :laugh:
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    no biggy just 2-3 pounds....all good Happy New Year !
  • angel79202
    angel79202 Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I've actually lost 5.7 pounds :)
  • mjharman
    mjharman Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Between Thanksgiving and Christmas - 11.2 pounds.
    Lost 1.1 of them already.

I had a difficult time since the weather got cold, but I'm back on track now.
    :ohwell:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    4.5lbs for the month of December. I was severely limited in my workouts by a rotator cuff injury, there was food and booze everywhere, and I was 4lbs UNDER my goal weight so I wasn't really that motivated to be "good". Now I'm thinking that I should drop them again because I looked better, but whatever. It will come.
  • SakuraRose13
    SakuraRose13 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    3lbs but I'm not completely sure since I sodium can cause the scale to go up too, went from 117 to 119.5 in a one day so who knows but I weighed myself for a whole week and my weight had not moved more than a half pound but a few days back it read the dreaded 119, to much for my comfort anyways just trying to make it right again by upping my exercise and watching my food more , I lost 34 since Jan 1st of last year doing just that so this year should not be any different I have 10 or less to lose to reach my goal so I know it may take awhile yet . I will just keep moving forward I keep telling myself "Eat to live , Not live to eat "
  • Dgydad
    Dgydad Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yep, me too; four ot five lbs since Christmas! But it ain't gonna get me down. I have friends & acquaintances whose fitness level is sufficiently higher than mine, and this season gets them every time too :p
  • boredlimodriver
    boredlimodriver Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    added 10lbs, srs. dropped 4 lbs in the one full day after xmas. another 4 over the next couple days. Dem Christmas cookies. yum
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I put on five by last Friday, but it was only my glycogen/water being restored. Three days at a deficit and it was gone again by my Monday weigh in. Considering I was logging 4-5000 cals a day for a few days there, I consider that a win. :wink:
  • Followingsea
    Followingsea Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I weighed in on the 28th weighing 1.1 lbs less than when I weighed in on the 23rd. No freaking idea how that happened.
  • judyde
    judyde Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I ate big on both Thanksgiving and Christmas Day, but kept to my plan the rest of the time. Between 12/24 and 1/2, I lost 2 pounds. Between 11/27 and 1/2, I lost 5.5 pounds. Yeah!
  • Buckvarney926
    Buckvarney926 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I put on about 10 throught the holidays. Had a birthday and with about 3 huge dinners over christmas I didn't care. Time to lose it all though.
  • Inshape13
    Inshape13 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Up by 4lbs right now since around Thanksgiving.
  • melhamdaoui
    Options
    I didn't gain any weight! YAY me. no seriously my fitness buddy is such a stickler for what I eat and i motivate her to work out. we are also deployed sooo that helps out too! Happy Holidays! :smile:
  • Docpremie
    Docpremie Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Hoping to maintain, but gained 2 pounds between Thanksgiving & New Years. Not bad overall, but time to get back in full swing & hit the gym again!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for about 7 months now...including over the holidays. I most definitely eat well and enjoy myself, but I don't treat the whole two months as a reason to go crazy and I don't really have a sweet tooth so all of those cookies and what not don't have a whole lot of appeal to me...I can have one and be good for weeks. I also stuck to my fitness regimen.
  • ksuetorres
    ksuetorres Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Six pounds. hope it'll come off as fast as it went on!!!:ohwell:
  • eat_run_play
    eat_run_play Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Don't know because I don't weigh myself until the end of January! That sounds about right to me. Why obsess over it! :)
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Gained 1.5 pounds. Most of that was shortbread.