Replies

• mwalle09
    mwalle09 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    6lbs! Too much good food and booze
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options
    My weight has gone from 144 (on Dec. 23rd) to 149.5 this morning. I wish I could say it is because I didn't work out, ate a ton of holiday food, didn't log my calories, and generally ignored all things fitness.

In reality, the opposite is true. I logged every bite, did not eat any sweets nor did I go over my daily calorie intake. I was on break so I worked out every single day, lifted weights and did cardio.

Yet, my weight has gone up by 5.5 pounds in 7 days without having fallen off any bandwagon. Go figure.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon big time oer Christmas and have put on 8lbs since my last weigh-in a couple of weeks before Christmas :-S
    But I am SO ready to start eating healthy again! I feel terribly bloated, lethargic, even a little depressed and I'm sure it's all down to the rich food and over-indulgence in alcohol!
    Swimming today and back to my team sports again next week. Can't wait to shake off this Christmas belly!
  • Krista916
    Krista916 Posts: 258
    Options
    I was actually able to lose 2.7 over the holiday. Not sure how because I really ate like crap. I'm assuming it's because I consumed all my calories at one meal. I didn't eat more then once a day during celerations because I felt like total crap!
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    -2lb or so.

There are some advantages to spending the holidays on your own :) - AND to having your own gym setup up stairs!
  • jlc041979
    jlc041979 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    I gained 5 lbs. but I am back on track to get rid of it and hopefully hit my goal weight before spring!
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    The day after Christmas it said I gained 1.5 pounds, but I think some of it was water weight from eating salty food & TOM.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I put on 1.6 lb between December 21-30 and it really stuck around during that time and then it started coming back off the past couple of days. I ate well/light over New Year's and watched my sodium and this morning I was back to my December 20 weight.

Honestly for me I think going over by 300-400 calories on the 24-25 was less of an issue than simply going over crazily on sodium for the rest of last week, due to restaurant meals. So the 1.6 lb was probably water retention. I normally never go over on sodium.
  • Dlibo1013
    Dlibo1013 Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    up 8 and bummed out
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Minimal. Probably need to put on a pound to be honest.
  • Bride2B1103
    Bride2B1103 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Reading this post made me feel better after I bit the bullet and weighed in this morning after 2 straight weeks of mindless holiday eating. 3.8 gain...*sigh* Cheers to all trying to lose those extra holiday pounds!
  • skinnybearlyndsay
    skinnybearlyndsay Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    I did, but it seems to be water weight since it came off fairly easily this past week.
  • JamieM8168
    JamieM8168 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Maybe 5 lbs :(
  • BreeJaxon
    BreeJaxon Posts: 128
    Options
    5 Lbs but I will drop it within a week!
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    I actually pulled off a loss, but my Christmas was really low key this year.
  • AndyRogan
    AndyRogan Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    lost 1/2 lb over Xmas, then 1lb gain over New Year
  • DannehBoyy
    DannehBoyy Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    I only put on 1lb! I don't know how though, as i ate big meals and about 4 takeaways over Christmas. I also ate chocolate for the first time in about 4 months. At one point i weighed myself expecting to be disappointed but i'd lost a pound. o_O
  • virginialee78
    Options
    Okay, so I'm embarrassed... I don't want to be the "biggest Christmas gainer" lol, but since Dec. 10, I gained 8 lbs.! Yikes... I still have 20 more than that to lose... Ugh... going to get on my tennis shoes now... :o)
  • Rigi8
    Rigi8 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Oh dear, looks like I was one of the worse - 5lbs gain for me over Xmas and New Year. Not stressing though, I know I will soon have that under control and then on my way to reach my goal weight this year.
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I gained 3 lbs over Christmas. Going right back down so not too concerned. Gotta have a little fun now and then :drinker: