Christmas Weight Gain - be honest!

Options

Replies

• YouHadMyCuriosity
    YouHadMyCuriosity Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    About 3lbs from Christmas through New Year. I don't mind, I had fun and I'm getting right back on that wagon. It is a lifestyle change for me, and i prefer to eat a little more, drink a little more, for those 2 weeks. I probably always will. Today I did a solid workout, and will tomorrow. My "bad" choices may hinder my progress for a couple weeks, but are so worth it to me.
  • cursiny
    cursiny Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I gained less than a pound (.8 to be exact) Christmas, New Years, and a torn medial meniscus so no exercise for two weeks. But I am confident that will drop this week!

Back at it hard core!
  • mightyjockster
    mightyjockster Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I put on 4 kg, trousers were a bit tight to say the least. Undone all the good work for about 6 weeks leading up to Christmas, but had fun!
  • overcominglazy
    overcominglazy Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I 'gained' 2.1kgs between Dec 22nd and Dec 28th. However, within a few days, I've already lost 0.9kgs, reducing this gain to 1.2kgs. Considering I went about 6000 calories over for that six day period, I think my real gain was about 0.8kgs and the rest was water from the upsurge in carbohydrates. So really, I only set myself back by about two weeks and that's a great trade-off for how much I enjoyed eating all that food!
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    3 lbs... of poopie :p
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    5 lbs :(.
  • nurseadair
    nurseadair Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Just weighed myself and gained 2lbs:smile:
  • mf0u1098
    mf0u1098 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed myself in a few months but thought I'd lost a bit. I went on the scales yesterday morning and have lost about 10lbs! I haven't been particularly trying to lose any weight but I guess the stress of the last few months has shown itself in my diet which is strange cos I normally over eat when stressed. I have noticed that I've been CRAVING fruit and veggies and have only very small amounts of meat now. I don't know why but I've just felt like eating veggies recently and haven't been fussed about the meat. Anyway, I've not made any New Years resolutions this year as I'm always disappointed when I inevitably fail them so I'm just going to continue doing what I've been doing and see where I get to. If I go for an occasional walk or turn down an occasional bar of choccy then hopefully it'll help even more. I'm just sick of being a slave to diets and constantly feeling worthless because of them. I hope you've all had a lovely Christmas and New Year! xxx
  • singlefemalelawyer
    singlefemalelawyer Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I think I gained about 1.5 lbs. Which isn't too bad compared to the previous years where I easily gained 5lbs or more and kept gaining after. This year is different and it feels great! I indulged but managed to squeeze in a few workouts and was more conscious of how much I was eating.
  • bookworm221
    bookworm221 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I'm 9lb up from 3 weeks ago - i'm hoping some of that is water retention! I normally low carb but have eaten loads of carbs over Xmas so hopefully i'll lose that fairly quickly now i'm back on track :)
  • ayalowich
    ayalowich Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Actually, put on 3 for both Thanksgiving and Christmas, but in both cases they were gone within 3-4 days. I checked in today with my weight at 161 where I'm trying to maintain so very pleased about it.

Most importantly, we seem to have gotten rid of all the cookies and sponge candy. Just a few other sweets around so the temptations won't be as great.
  • pinktoesjb
    pinktoesjb Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Gained two kilos, have lost half a one already. Expected it to be much more given how much cheese I put away but I drank a lot less than I usually do this festive season as I was driving a lot and had no time off work. I'm not too worried, back on the wagon today.
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I was so happy happy that I had made it through Thanksgiving and Halloween with loses and not gains. Then between Christmas and NYE 7 pounds. Just with overeating on those specific days for the most part. Maddening.
  • maasha81
    maasha81 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Maintained actually which I was hoping to accomplish since I'm in maintenance mode. I did initially thought I put on 3lbs but it was all retention as I lost it after 2 days.
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    With all the time off and hubby home we hit the gym way more than usual. Lost .3 lbs and over ate. Super happy here.
  • hoyalawya2003
    hoyalawya2003 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    5 lbs as of today's weigh in, but some of it (2-3 lbs) is water. I plan to be back where I was before Christmas by the end of January.
  • April_KT
    April_KT Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    i gained 3lbs :/ But am back in to my mission today!
  • pittdan77
    pittdan77 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Lost two but I was up a pound last week. Buckled down a little the last four or five days.

Still, even three or four up isn't a big deal. For me, it was more about getting through the days applying the lessons I learned. Some days are better than others with all of the food around so don't sweat it. You took a vacation. Now you get back to work towards your goal.
  • apryljo1
    apryljo1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm up almost 10lbs since Thanksgiving. I fell off the wagon with some recent life changes, but I know I can turn this around!

I actually love New Year's Resolutions :love: :wink:
  • shanteel612
    shanteel612 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    4lbs gained but that usually comes off quick when I return to normalcy. The challenge is losing the 6 additional lbs that i need to lose by valentines day.