A guide to get you started on your path to Sexypants.

Options

Replies

• donnystedham
    Options
    Not just you
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    none of the links in that post will open up. Is it just me?

All of them except the fitting it in-giggity (second to last one) opened up for me.

eta: I hope they start working for you because the information is fantastic.
  • Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Bumping! Great read :) x
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump for future reference
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later. And yay sexypants!
  • Raasy
    Raasy Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    bumping for reading later
  • evonphoto
    Options
    wonderful, sensible read! Thanks Sexypants!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    I am going to share with my gang on Need to Lose 100 Lbs or More - Robins Thread. We've had many newbies join since December and this is the perfect educational tool for them, and a great re-learning for me.

THANK YOU!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    I am going to share with my gang on Need to Lose 100 Lbs or More - Robins Thread. We've had many newbies join since December and this is the perfect educational tool for them, and a great re-learning for me.

THANK YOU!

I already shared it on your thread, Robin. :wink:
  • drusilla126
    drusilla126 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Ooh I can't wait to fit into my sexypants...again!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    none of the links in that post will open up. Is it just me?

The links aren't broken. But the MyFitnessPal forum software only provides live links to other MFP pages. For pages that aren't on MFP, you have to copy the URL, open a new browser window, and paste the URL in the address field.
  • xenaroadwarrior
    Options
    At some point it becomes reasonable to make an adjustment in activity or intake.

That probably makes perfect sense to those who know what's what (regarding calories and macros), but I'm not one of them. Not yet anyway. So I would probably choose to recalculate to get a new TDEE, and go from there. Instead of doing this every x number of pounds, would it make sense to relook at the big picture if my weight loss slows drastically? or even stops entirely?
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    At some point it becomes reasonable to make an adjustment in activity or intake.

That probably makes perfect sense to those who know what's what (regarding calories and macros), but I'm not one of them. Not yet anyway. So I would probably choose to recalculate to get a new TDEE, and go from there. Instead of doing this every x number of pounds, would it make sense to relook at the big picture if my weight loss slows drastically? or even stops entirely?

If you stop losing weight for several weeks (that's going to depend on a lot of factors, water weight can really play tricks on you) yes you should be doing something to re-establish the caloric deficit. If you feel more comfortable running your numbers through a calculator you can do so, as long as you're attentive to it and make sure that the new calculation results in a slight reduction from your previous intake.
  • pa77y
    pa77y Posts: 36
    Options
    Bump
  • Ms_Hiit
    Ms_Hiit Posts: 488
    Options
    Love it
  • mrkp
    mrkp Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Bump