Options

Replies

• chamcg26
    Options
    dump that ****
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Thank you I've should've of addressed this b4 i do not have a bad boyfriend we were talking he told me his opinion… i wanted to make a long story short and still try to put in certain facts… um I'm looking more so of what thick is a work out regimen to be thicker… i should say

2Z8i31ll.jpg?1
  • 1debbie123
    1debbie123 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    stop listening to the idiot and go with your own instincts ...do you feel good about yourself and healthy ...he has to deal with his own ****....good luck
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Thick is a polite way of saying fat

Incorrect

Massive difference between Thick and Fat .

Thick is hhhhhnnggg
  • smkean
    smkean Posts: 132
    Options
    Sounds like he's 'thick' . Clearly doesn't realise what he's got.

I know you asked his opinion but that really wasn't the right answer to give you, and is really untactful! He shouldn't change his mind about your shape so often. It's also so unhealthy for you.
    If you want to look like those type of girls do it for yourself. Don't let anyone regardless of who they are (unless obv. A dr) tell you how to look. He can't dictate to you how you should look, he's probably just insecure and is worried that as you change shape, and become hotter, you will get more attention and go for a guy more worth while than him.

I suggest you do exactly that.
  • goneforawhile
    goneforawhile Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Guy sounds like a moron... Move along girl
  • lharri0209
    lharri0209 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Regardless of what "thick" means to him, he should love you just how you are. That's how he met you. You shouldn't be with someone who feels the need to change you. He should be more concerned with working on his own issues.
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Who is he to tell you what you should look like? He doesn't own you.

Dump him and find someone more deserving
  • patrickfish7
    patrickfish7 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    You may not want to but get rid!!! If that's all he sees in you then you can do WAY better. Just because my wife doesn't go to the gym doesn't mean I deride her for not having nutcracker legs...that's up to her and I respect it. I choose my own path, as should you!!!
  • paigillionaire
    paigillionaire Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thick bodies are generally those that have fat in all the 'right' places. I think thick is when you have a big booty, hips, thighs, but a small stomach and arms. I'm tryong to get'think' myself so here is my workout plan. I've only been at this for a few weeks so I'm not sure about the results quite yet.

AM workout:
    5 mins -- Jump Rope
    15 mins -- Squats, Planks, Bodyweight bridge, Glute Kickback
    5 mins --Jump Rope

PM workout:
    30 - 60 min brisk walk on treadmill. I use interval training and I'm constantly switching between high speed w/moderate incline, and high incline w/moderate speed. The incline reallly makes my thighs burn.
    10 minutes -- 2 laps of lunges around the gym
    12 minutes: Ab workout
    5mins: Elliptical on highest incline.

Also, look into a waist trainer to make your waist smaller. I have heard some great reviews on those. I'm not sure if I want to try that myself yet, but If you're going for a thick body, they might help you.

Hope this works! I'll keep you updated on my progress.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've also heard it used to describe women with larger breasts and hips who are actually at a healthy weight.

I don't think anyone knows what it means.

Either way, sounds like the OP's boyfriend would criticize her no matter what she looks like. It isn't about looks in a case like that. It's a control issue. Dated a guy like that once.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    In British English, thick means stupid. So tell him he's thick.

As for what he meant by that, I have absolutely no idea. But in my dialect, thick = stupid.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I've also heard it used to describe women with larger breasts and hips who are actually at a healthy weight.

I don't think anyone knows what it means.

Either way, sounds like the OP's boyfriend would criticize her no matter what she looks like. It isn't about looks in a case like that. It's a control issue. Dated a guy like that once.

but I've seen the word "fat" used to describe women of a healthy weight because some people think that not looking like a supermodel = fat.

I agree with the other stuff though
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    OP, your boyfriend is a douche and you're beautiful. Don't change yourself just to satisfy someone else. That's a road I don't wish on anyone. Love you and do everything for you. If he can't accept you for who you are, he's a fool and doesn't deserve you.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Wait... So this thread was dormant between July & January????

what-you-talkin-bout-willis-o.gif
  • GBrady43068
    GBrady43068 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    BF sounds like a jerk. You're too good for him. Fire his dumb *kitten*. :mad:
    This...100% this.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

New Year... new her?
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OP, forget all the people here who say to dump him. I don't know how people can think they have the right to tell you to make that big of a decision from the little that you told us about ur bf. For example, my bff in the whole wide world and I are always "dissing" each other, but in a good way. It depends on how things are said sometimes and the character of the person who said it.

On another note, to answer your original question, I think thick means not skinny, not fat, just nice muscular build with just enough body fat to not have well defined muscles. It's a look I like too, but like someone else mentioned, we're not all genetically disposed to have that look. If you are, then you probably just need to work on lifting heavy weights to get the muscle part down. That's what I'm currently in the process of doing.

I won't offer any advice on what to say to your bf (although a few things come to mind) because you didn't ask for that. Good luck!

*Edited for grammar*

^this depending on the guy and the relationship it's just how you guys converse. Last time I had a fight with hubby and I said "what would you do if you were in my shoes?" and he answered "i would never be in your shoes" his usual answer meaning I have to learn to prevent problems a longstanding goal of mine and he says it to remind me, but this time he added "cause those shoes are ugly" since I'd just bought new shoes and he had kept quiet about them but i guess chose that moment to admit it, or just wanted to add a silly insult to win. IDK all I know is I found it nearly impossible to continue the argument to closure to figure out what needed to be done, due to that silly and haylarious additional "insult". we joke around here. we "play" when we fight and I cringe to think what an onlooker might think because both being from certain work backgrounds we are able to say it with such a straight face as to seem serious.

I"m looking for a pic of "thick" as that seems like the only way to get it across. it's like slender but not "athletic" but a little bit fuller without being fat.

this might be it

nikewomen.jpg it even comes with instructions. squat. and just do it.

Good illustration, but that Nike ad is a fake.http://www.buzzfeed.com/copyranter/10-fake-ads-that-people-think-are-real-nsfw-ish

Heehee
    The spelling and punctuation "mistakes" are a pretty good giveaway. I doubt a company as large as Nike would let an ad go out missing apostophes and with ambassador spelled wrong.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options

New Year... new her?

perhaps!

I hope her New Year includes being exactly who SHE wants to be... for HERSELF... and no one else. :drinker:
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    h9E56239C