7-Day Cleansing Diet & Miracle Soup Recipe

Options

Replies

• pearsol50
    pearsol50 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Im a nurse at sacred heart cardiac unit and this really is not our diet........ the soup does sound good for an meal or two
  • Smyoung1128
    Options
    Bump
  • canadianvampyregurl
    Options
    I've tried many fad diets in my time...the only tried and true thing that REALLY works is eating healthy and exercise. I make the Weight Watchers soup and eat it as a MEAL. I don't follow any strict rules or rely on shakes or bars or anything. I know that stuff doesn't work for me.

Thank you to the nurse for putting it all out there...things we should already know (after all, we did join this site for a reason).
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    zombie thread...
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    bumping for the soup recipe
  • tryingtoshed
    tryingtoshed Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    do you know how many servings the soup recipe will make?
  • sgmcdonagh2
    Options
    The soup makes a large pot, more than enough for a week...if you don't throw it out the window! I am on day 4 and I am doing it this week just to cleanse ( definitely working) and get back on track. I drink a lot more alcohol during the holidays and feel this is a good way to end that cycle too. No alcohol allowed because of fat absorption. I like the idea that I am ridding my body of toxins. I won't get on the scale until it is over, but can tell in my jeans and face it is working. You will need to keep a water bottle with you.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    The only thing perhaps worse than overconsuming food to the point of morbid obesity and death is this nonsense.
  • deeksha_s
    deeksha_s Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ndj1979
    Options
    The soup makes a large pot, more than enough for a week...if you don't throw it out the window! I am on day 4 and I am doing it this week just to cleanse ( definitely working) and get back on track. I drink a lot more alcohol during the holidays and feel this is a good way to end that cycle too. No alcohol allowed because of fat absorption. I like the idea that I am ridding my body of toxins. I won't get on the scale until it is over, but can tell in my jeans and face it is working. You will need to keep a water bottle with you.

ummm yea, your body naturally does this on its own …

what toxin is this magical soup getting rid of that your body naturally does not get rid of ?
  • sgmcdonagh2
    Options
    Not magic, just good for those of us who need help kick starting our will power.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    Because decreasing health is a good way to get yourself healthy...:ohwell:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I tried a soup diet when I was young and stupid. I lost weight - because after about 2 days I couldn't face any more soup so I was in a huge (gasp!) calorie deficit. Who would have known!!
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Not magic, just good for those of us who need help kick starting our will power.

How does making yourself miserable and potentially dangerously weak improve willpower in any way?

Serious question. I've never understood how this could possibly work for anyone. Perhaps someone out there who has kick-started their willpower with a 7-day soup cleanse could post an explanation of how it worked for them. Until then, I'm going to assume that this is entirely wishful thinking with no possibility of it actually working...for anyone...ever.
  • ndj1979
    Options

How does making yourself miserable and potentially dangerously weak improve willpower in any way?

Serious question. I've never understood how this could possibly work for anyone. Perhaps someone out there who has kick-started their willpower with a 7-day soup cleanse could post an explanation of how it worked for them. Until then, I'm going to assume that this is entirely wishful thinking with no possibility of it actually working...for anyone...ever.

I would like an explanation of this as well...
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I wish ideas like this would just die. There is no "kick start" or "detox." People who say they have done this before and it worked should wonder why months or years down the road, they are in a place where they need to do it again. Perhaps it's because they never did learn how to plan and consume a satisfying, healthful diet.
  • esai465
    esai465 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I can understand that after the holidays people would want to "detox." I know after all of the sweets and holiday stuff I've had, as soon as it was over, I wanted to rid my body of that bad feeling but just getting back to eating "clean" with homemade food and working out did the trick. I feel better already (although losing the few lbs I gained won't happen in a day).

I think the purpose behind people wanting to do these diets is the same but going from one extreme to another is not a good thing...
  • sgmcdonagh2
    Options
    I lost 8 lbs and am back to pre baby weight! Feel so good and energized. I will probably keep eating the soup for lunch. I know most posts are negative about this diet, but for me it really works. When people say "it works every time" I think they mean life gets crazy sometimes...babies, holidays, ect. And this diet helps to get back on track! I was never hungry and feel healthy.
  • babynew
    babynew Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    .. thanks :flowerforyou:
    Hey everyone! I found the following 7-Day Cleansing Diet in my recipe box, and I've had it forever (about 35 years). It sounds a bit weird, but I followed this diet before, and it worked pretty well. Check with your doctor first, and then you can try it if you want. I might try it again, and see how it goes. I loved the T-J Miracle Soup! Yummy... You can just have the soup if you want, and don't worry about the rest of the diet. Take care, Laura :)

SEVEN-DAY CLEANSING DIET--From the Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane, Washington for overweight heart patients:

This 7-day diet plan can be used as often as you like, but I would suggest possibly only doing it once a month, at the most. As a matter of fact, if followed correctly, it will clean your system of impurities and give you a feeling of well-being you never thought possible. After only 7 days of this process, you will begin to feel lighter because you will be lighter by at least 10 pounds, possibly as much as 17 pounds, and you will have an abundance of energy, as well. (I don't know if this much weight loss is really possible or if it would even be good for us to lose it this quickly; but, maybe it's because it's a "cleansing" diet. I think we do hold a lot of weight in our intestines... Yuck! I guess that's why we do cleansing diets, right???) Continue this plan for as long as you wish and feel the difference in both medical and physical disposition.

T-J MIRACLE SOUP (You eat this soup as much as you want along with the other foods for each day.):
    6 large onions, 2 green peppers, 4 whole tomatoes (fresh or canned), 1 head of cabbage, 1 large stalk of celery. Season with dry onion soup mix. Cut vegetables and cover with water in a large pot. Boil for 10 minutes, cover, lower heat and simmer until the vegetables are tender. T-J Miracle Soup can be eaten at any time when you feel hungry. East as much as you wish and as often as you like. This soup will not add calories, so eat all you want. The more you eat, the more you lose... Enjoy! Yum, yum...

FIRST DAY--ALL THE FRUITS EXCEPT BANANAS: Your first day will consist of all the fruits you want except bananas. For all you melon lovers, this is the day for you. Two fruits which are lower in calories than most other fruits are watermelon and cantelope. Should you eat the melon, your chances of losing 3 pounds in the first day are great. You may also have T-J Miracle Soup today.

SECOND DAY--ALL THE VEGETABLES: Eat until you are stuffed with all the fresh (raw, steamed, or cooked) vegetables of your choice. Try to eat green, leafy vegetables, and stay away from dry beans, peas, and corn. These vegetables are good for you, but not now as you are trying to reduce your calorie intake. You may also have a large baked potato and T-J Miracle Soup today.

THIRD DAY--FRUITS AND VEGETABLES: Same as day one and day two including the T-J Miracle Soup, except for no potato.

FOURTH DAY--BANANAS: Eat as many as 8 bananas and drink as much as 8 glasses of skim milk on this day, along with T-J Miracle Soup. Bananas and skim milk blended together in a blender is very good way to enjoy this day. Bananas are high in carbohydrates and will lessen any cravings for sweets.

FIFTH DAY--BEEF AND VEGETABLES: You can have 10 to 20 ounces of beef and six tomatoes on your fifth day. Try to drink at least 8 glasses of water in order to wash away any uric acid in your body. You may also have T-J Miracle Soup today.

SIXTH DAY--BEEF AND VEGETABLES: Eat until your heart is content with beef, vegetables, and T-J Miracle Soup. No potato.

SEVENTH DAY--BROWN RICE, FRUIT, AND VEGETABLES: Enjoy brown rice, unsweetened fruit juice, vegetables, T-J Soup.
  • atbettsy
    Options
    This detox and others are very bad and make no sense.
    Why are you detoxing?
    What are you detoxing?

The first day your bombarding yourself with sugar. Any bad gut bacteria are getting the feed of their lives.

Second day you've had no protein for 48hrs. It says stuff yourself??? though you were trying to detox, learn good eating habits.

Third day still no protein. You know that you need protein right? Amongst other things proteins are enzymes which are used for metabolic functions, digestion...

Fourth day....i really don't understand this. Did the person making this up just throw this plan randomly together? You know your probably getting very little to no fat as well? Do i need to say how important fat is?

Im stopping here, this is ridiculous.

Rather than eat poorly so you need to detox, how about eating better all the time.