Proposal Ideas

Options
12346»

Replies

• bugaha1
    bugaha1 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Order a pizza, tape the ring to the inside of the box and write "Will you marry me, or is this too cheesy" I thought that was hilarious! LOL!

FYI. I <3 pizza
  • sam_r_i
    sam_r_i Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Sorry about the lack of details, things have been a bit crazy. I held off until late the day before Christmas eve, just to make her squirm a little bit. As we where going to bed, I asked her why she hadn't asked about it that day, then slid the ring onto her finger and said she wouldn't have to ask anymore. We where laying in bed and she said yes (so no getting down on one knee).

I did talk to both her parents first. The funny part is I got sick immediately the next day, followed by her day, then her. So not sure if that's a bad sign, lol.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I can tell you how NOT to do it; don't give her the ring in the car while driving ( " Honey, there's something for you in the glove compartment" ) with her mother AND her best friend in the backseat ( so that she's unlikely to say no) the month before she goes to college and you to Vietnam ( so that she won't date in college). This was my proposal, the least romantic ever, I married him anyway. At least be alone with her when you pop the question.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your engagement!!
  • JessicaSunflower
    JessicaSunflower Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    My fiancé is a pilot, he proposed to me while we were flying over the hudson river :)
  • megawatt259
    megawatt259 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats! My husband proposed on a quiet evening, at home, just the two of us and the dog. May sound unremarkable to some but it was very special and totally fit our laid back style. He too ended up sick afterwards (some rashy thing that lasted for a few months--we found out he was allergic to aleve and advil). Happily married for almost 2 years now. Good luck and best wishes to you both!:heart:
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I think it would be good to be a complete surprise. I chose a night like any other night for us.

It was the middle of the work week (she had a bad day at work which made it better) and we were cooking dinner. I told her I stopped at the store on the way home to get her a little treat and it was in the fridge (she was thinking ice cream or chocolates). I had the ring box in a bag from the grocery store, when she opened the fridge to get the bag and opened it I was behind her on my knee. She knew a ring was coming at some point but was COMPLETELY surprised so it was great

I LOVE this!!!!! Everyone will have a different opinion, but I think this is amazing, yet simple. GENIUS!!
  • bethanp
    bethanp Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Order a pizza, tape the ring to the inside of the box and write "Will you marry me, or is this too cheesy" I thought that was hilarious! LOL!
    I would actually love being proposed to this way because it suits our relationship to a T. Can't resist a cheesy pun or joke :) And we both love pizza!
  • reality_girl
    reality_girl Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I had to come back and check how you asked her. Congratulations!
  • salembambi
    salembambi Posts: 5,585 Member
    Options
    Congratulations

this thread is making me think twice about if I want to get married or not lol awww soo sweet :flowerforyou: :heart: :sad:
  • pawnstarNate
    pawnstarNate Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't very creative. She told me "honey, I'm pregnant".....I fell to my knees out of shock.....she said "YES!!! I WILL MARRY YOU!!!" - the end.

ok, ok...I joke. I went with her to her High School Reunion Friday night football game. had a sign company make a banner for me and then had the cheerleaders show the banner. A little corny but, it worked :)
  • _Fenrir_
    _Fenrir_ Posts: 471
    Options
    Just picked up the ring and looking for ideas on how to propose to my girlfriend? Thoughts or suggestions please.

Take the ring back and don't do it!!
  • Still1Workoutatatime
    Options
    Does she like Star Trek? 'Cause if she does, this is adorable.

star-trek-engage-ring-picard-1306886589c.jpeg

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: