Water Bomb

Options
1235»

Replies

• DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Good grief. I interpreted it as "hey guys, make a conscious effort to drink only water today (instead of beer, soda, fruit 'juice', Starbucks, whatever might be the norm)." So she mentioned Shakeology, maybe that's her thing, and maybe she's specifically trying to connect with a community that uses Shakeology or whatever. I've heard of it before but I don't know exactly what the deal is, but because she mentioned it in passing I don't feel suddenly inclined to throw myself at them in the hopes that they'll make me skinny. I don't get why folks are so darned quick to put down other people! All I've seen in the forums is negativity and it's so stupid. If we're all working towards a common goal, why do so many of you guys so gleefully start trolling threads or insulting people?

My boyfriend used to drink anywhere between 4-6 sodas in one day! Not good. I used to drink around 3-4 cups of coffee a day, also not good for me, personally. This challenge would be great for people like we used to be. I thought this thread was a nice reminder for me, now, because while I don't drink tons of soda, alcohol, etc., I still don't drink nearly enough water (maaaybe a cup and a half a day).

Thanks for the gentle reminder, OP, sorry folks are taking advantage of a (weak) opportunity to tear somebody else down.
    Sucka!

I give you 6 months. 6 months and you will be able to spot a Shakeology ad or Beach Body Coach a mile away. You're cute though. I really mean that.

Yep. 6 weeks, even.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    Good grief. I interpreted it as "hey guys, make a conscious effort to drink only water today (instead of beer, soda, fruit 'juice', Starbucks, whatever might be the norm)." So she mentioned Shakeology, maybe that's her thing, and maybe she's specifically trying to connect with a community that uses Shakeology or whatever. I've heard of it before but I don't know exactly what the deal is, but because she mentioned it in passing I don't feel suddenly inclined to throw myself at them in the hopes that they'll make me skinny. I don't get why folks are so darned quick to put down other people! All I've seen in the forums is negativity and it's so stupid. If we're all working towards a common goal, why do so many of you guys so gleefully start trolling threads or insulting people?

My boyfriend used to drink anywhere between 4-6 sodas in one day! Not good. I used to drink around 3-4 cups of coffee a day, also not good for me, personally. This challenge would be great for people like we used to be. I thought this thread was a nice reminder for me, now, because while I don't drink tons of soda, alcohol, etc., I still don't drink nearly enough water (maaaybe a cup and a half a day).

Thanks for the gentle reminder, OP, sorry folks are taking advantage of a (weak) opportunity to tear somebody else down.

th?id=H.4527442257250956&pid=1.9&m=&w=300&h=300&p=0

shakeology.
  • elenathegreat
    elenathegreat Posts: 3,988 Member
    Options
    FACT! ppl with the word cupcake in their username are awesome. fact!

FACT! People with the word "Chocolate" in their username are awesome! We're practically twinsies! :bigsmile:

Mmm...chocolate cupcakes.

You two should have babies. And then let me eat them.

Would the babies look like this? IN for eating their babies!
    th?id=H.5040617725298548&w=240&h=175&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is a meal replacement that you drink in the form of a shake. It is great at curbing appetite and helping to reduce cravings. I drink mine for breakfast.
    you know what else is good at curbing appetite? eating proper, solid food.

^This
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

You have been here for two years and cannot spot a ridiculous idea or a BB coach? :huh:
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options

Here since 2011, yet doesn't see a problem with someone pushing a product against forum guidelines?

You don't, by chance, answer to "coach", do you?

ETA: OP, you misspelled "Sake Bomb" in your title. That would be a challenge I could get a hold of. Nothing but Sake Bombs and sushi all day.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options

Give it time, you'll soon learn that any mention of a BeachBody products will result in hoards of coaches and true believers descending on the post like locusts to tell everyone about how AMAZING it is and how it's a GAME CHANGER and oh, by the way, wonder of wonders, they have a challenge group starting soon!

If she wants to connect to a community that uses Shakeology, she can go over to the BeachBody website and use their forums.
  • Jill_with_a_G
    Jill_with_a_G Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I challenge you to eat only celery today! No other food...except pizza.

THIS!! :)
  • chachabear79
    chachabear79 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm all for water. No soda for this whole month, maybe a little coffee in the morning, but that's it. I can do it.
  • woodml1
    woodml1 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am shocked and dissapointed by all of the negativity on this thread! Didn't your mothers ever tell you what to do if you don't have anything nice to say? This young lady is obviously trying to muster engagement from the MFP community, many of whom , may be embarking on a NEW RESOLUTION for health and fitness and could probably stand to drink more water!

If you don't agree with Shakeology, great! Neither do I! But don't be a jerk about it and discourage others from using it if it works for them.

As for the challenge... already completed. I'm at 15, 8-ounce glasses for the day so far! I try to drink 1 ounce per pound of body weight daily. To help me do this, I refill a 3 liter (101 ounces) bottle every morning and keep it right on my desk at work. I try to finish the bottle before going home!

So why not just encourage people to drink more water without including the stupid Shakeology caveat? If she wants to spend her money on that because she thinks it's going to do something for her, fine, but it's not necessary for someone to be successful at losing weight. Most of the MFP community is wishing someone would just double tap the Shakeology Ads zombie so we don't have to keep seeing its entrails dragging all over.

Couldn't agree more! But I'm not the author of the original post nor do I have the power to change it. I was more concerned the the people attacking her for using/promoting shakeology rather than explaining why they disagree with it.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Here since 2011, yet doesn't see a problem with someone pushing a product against forum guidelines?

You don't, by chance, answer to "coach", do you?

ETA: OP, you misspelled "Sake Bomb" in your title. That would be a challenge I could get a hold of. Nothing but Sake Bombs and sushi all day.

In...
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    I am shocked and dissapointed by all of the negativity on this thread! Didn't your mothers ever tell you what to do if you don't have anything nice to say? This young lady is obviously trying to muster engagement from the MFP community, many of whom , may be embarking on a NEW RESOLUTION for health and fitness and could probably stand to drink more water!

If you don't agree with Shakeology, great! Neither do I! But don't be a jerk about it and discourage others from using it if it works for them.

As for the challenge... already completed. I'm at 15, 8-ounce glasses for the day so far! I try to drink 1 ounce per pound of body weight daily. To help me do this, I refill a 3 liter (101 ounces) bottle every morning and keep it right on my desk at work. I try to finish the bottle before going home!

So why not just encourage people to drink more water without including the stupid Shakeology caveat? If she wants to spend her money on that because she thinks it's going to do something for her, fine, but it's not necessary for someone to be successful at losing weight. Most of the MFP community is wishing someone would just double tap the Shakeology Ads zombie so we don't have to keep seeing its entrails dragging all over.

Couldn't agree more! But I'm not the author of the original post nor do I have the power to change it. I was more concerned the the people attacking her for using/promoting shakeology rather than explaining why they disagree with it.

white knight gonna white knight no matter what . . .
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    water_zps7b5df367.jpg

FACT! ppl with the word cupcake in their username are awesome. fact!

Totally agree!