Looking to add people on 1200 calories a day

Options

Replies

• jezombie
    Options
    Can't we all just get along and have a big piece of triple fudge cake together??

Of course I'd have to eat nothing the rest of the day since I am on the 1200 calorie diet... :tongue:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    OK smarty pants, I typed too fast. I mean my BMR is 1065. And by the way, you can block me too because today my net was 1185.:bigsmile:

Just curious. How old are you?
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    OK smarty pants, I typed too fast. I mean my BMR is 1065. And by the way, you can block me too because today my net was 1185.:bigsmile:

I don't know why you're proud of that.
    It's not like you get a blue ribbon for eating so little.
    maybe she gets a pabst blue ribbon... :laugh:

Since PBR is low on the beer charts I'd say it's about all she could handle with the lack of calories

I believe Miller 64 or Bud Light would be more useful here.
    Lower calories and all

Too true!
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Can't we all just get along and have a big piece of triple fudge cake together??

Of course I'd have to eat nothing the rest of the day since I am on the 1200 calorie diet... :tongue:

I think 1/3 of the piece would hit your limit lol

Chocolate lava cake is better though =P
  • jezombie
    Options

I think 1/3 of the piece would hot your limit lol

This is true.
    I know what I'm having for a midnight snack tonight! :bigsmile:
  • valmaebel
    valmaebel Posts: 1,045 Member
    Options

mmmmmm....chocolate....

I am making homemade toffee tonight. That's 900 calories in a small bag. Not eating it, but it' say family tradition with a recipe passed down to me. I give it away. Little bits of indulgent heaven for my friends and family. Now to avoid indulging myself and I too will be proud of my self control. Have a great night everyone!
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

I don't know why you're proud of that.
    It's not like you get a blue ribbon for eating so little.
    maybe she gets a pabst blue ribbon... :laugh:

Since PBR is low on the beer charts I'd say it's about all she could handle with the lack of calories

I believe Miller 64 or Bud Light would be more useful here.
    Lower calories and all

Too true!

Also a really crappy prize lol
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options

Maybe this would help me resolve my question for her that I asked earlier.
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

mmmmmm....chocolate....

I am making homemade toffee tonight. That's 900 calories in a small bag. Not eating it, but it' say family tradition with a recipe passed down to me. I give it away. Little bits of indulgent heaven for my friends and family. Now to avoid indulging myself and I too will be proud of my self control. Have a great night everyone!

Ooooo I've never made my own toffee!
    I like it a lot.

I made my own marshmallows once - not idea on the calorie count.
    Wouldn't do again, just buy them lol
  • valmaebel
    Options

mmmmmm....chocolate....

I like it a lot.

It' snot hard...just very finicky. You have to stir it fairly constantly while it slowly starts to boil and it can take about an hour or two. I just pop a movie on my iPad and relax...once the kiddos are in bed!
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

mmmmmm....chocolate....

I like it a lot.

It' snot hard...just very finicky. You have to stir it fairly constantly while it slowly starts to boil and it can take about an hour or two. I just pop a movie on my iPad and relax...once the kiddos are in bed!

Wait.

How hard is it???

:huh:
  • LishieFruit89
    Options

mmmmmm....chocolate....

I like it a lot.

Tee hee snot!

Hope it isn't in the toffee!!
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

Ely is one of my friends here, and her circumstances justify the 1200 calories. She's really knowledgeable on health and fitness and very inspiring. She's a good example of why 1200 calories is not always the misinformed decision.
  • jofjltncb6
    Options

Ely is one of my friends here, and her circumstances justify the 1200 calories. She's really knowledgeable on health and fitness and very inspiring. She's a good example of why 1200 calories is not always the misinformed decision.

This makes sense to me. I'm still surprised at it, but will acknowledge that there are circumstances that would make it plausible.

(Of course, none of this changes my position that 1200 calories is not the optimal answer for at least 95% of adults.)
  • valmaebel
    Options

mmmmmm....chocolate....

I like it a lot.

Wait.

How hard is it???

:huh:

Ha! I guess it depends on where you live. Back home in MN that would be pretty hard...but here in Phoenix not so much. ;)
    I have a love/hate relationship with my autocorrect...it seems to hate using apostrophes...
  • valmaebel
    Options

This makes sense to me. I'm still surprised at it, but will acknowledge that there are circumstances that would make it plausible.

(Of course, none of this changes my position that 1200 calories is not the optimal answer for at least 95% of adults.)

^This! My issue isn't that some do need only 1200 calories. Because every person is different. But if someone is so knowledgeable on this, they would also know that is not the case for the majority and would have that disclaimer in a thread like this to help others who are not so knowledgeable. Many others posted useful links that gave good information to help people and that is what I find useful.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

I would agree that most adults can and often should eat more than 1200 calories.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options

^This! My issue isn't that some do need only 1200 calories. Because every person is different. But if someone is so knowledgeable on this, they would also know that is not the case for the majority and would have that disclaimer in a thread like this to help others who are not so knowledgeable. Many others posted useful links that gave good information to help people and that is what I find useful.

I can't speak for her, but she may not have put that disclaimer in because the people who said they'd put all 1200 calorie eaters on ignore didn't put the disclaimer either. It's one thing when people work with someone to determine whether 1200 is necessary, but there are those on here who will mock those who eat 1200 and proclaim it too little for anyone not 3 feet tall. When someone makes statements that they'll go through and put everyone on ignore, there is some indication they might be one of those folks who assumes.
  • valmaebel
    Options

I can't speak for her, but she may not have put that disclaimer in because the people who said they'd put all 1200 calorie eaters on ignore didn't put the disclaimer either. It's one thing when people work with someone to determine whether 1200 is necessary, but there are those on here who will mock those who eat 1200 and proclaim it too little for anyone not 3 feet tall. When someone makes statements that they'll go through and put everyone on ignore, there is some indication they might be one of those folks who assumes.

Tempted to get preachy but I'll keep it short. Your friend needs a disclaimer because she is NOT the norm. Anyone who is knowledgeable in health and nutrition knows that 1200 calories is not the ideal and if they care even a bit about the others on this forum they would want to make sure all these ladies following this false ideal knew that. Provide them with information to find out if they truly need 1200 calories or if they are with the majority of the populace that needs more. The rest of the folks here were posting helpful links and articles to back up what they were saying, to help others make more informed decisions, and to encourage healthy living instead of just trying to drop pounds. So yeah, my issue is with those who encourage a false ideal...even without intending to...who know better.
  • FlaxMilk
    Options
    Well, she did respond directly to a post about low BMR's and shared what her BMR is. She didn't recommend anyone do anything.