Your calorie sob story

Options

Replies

• Rachelc1992
    Rachelc1992 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Today I had a shock when I logged my nuts!!!! They contain good fat and all that so I was like aw ill take them out with me so I'm not tempted by the cake! The cake was less calories!! What the hell!!!!!!!!
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    i had a hurricane earlier this week in new orleans and it was 1100 calories. i also had 1 more after that :laugh:

and i wan to try this 700 calorie hotwing. one day. when i'm on a refeed
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Cheesecake Factory's Pecan Crusted Catfish dinner. That was ~2500 calories, IIRC. And the wasabi crusted ahi ~2000.
    *sigh* Alas.
    bridge. water.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    ramen noodles. I forgot to note "per serving" and thought they were just 190 calories a pack lol
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Sonic's Double Bacon Cheese Burger. I thought it was going to be 600-800 like a quarter pounder with bacon.

It was OVER 1200 calories. I'm glad I had decided to skip the ice cream. Tasted pretty good though.
    Note to self. Bacon double cheeseburgers = 1200 calories. Lesson learned.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Today I had a shock when I logged my nuts!!!! They contain good fat and all that so I was like aw ill take them out with me so I'm not tempted by the cake! The cake was less calories!! What the hell!!!!!!!!
    OK, but fat still has 9 calories per gram, whereas cake is mostly flour and sugar, and carbs have less than half the calories of fat per gram. You have to be very, very careful to weigh out your portions of nuts; it's very easy to have a calorie disaster as a result of them. (and really, which one is more nutritious-- nuts or cake? but still, a big calorie hit...)
  • whitebalance
    whitebalance Posts: 1,654 Member
    Options
    A fricking SALAD at Outback. It's the Cobb with crispy chicken and ranch dressing, but still - I was shocked when I first looked it up and found out it was over 1,000 calories!
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Wawa 10 oz nonfat pumpkin white hot chocolate. It was about 400 calories. That's my typical lunch intake on a hungry day!
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    A fricking SALAD at Outback. It's the Cobb with crispy chicken and ranch dressing, but still - I was shocked when I first looked it up and found out it was over 1,000 calories!

Oooooo, I've been there before with Applebees. It's appalling what restaurants do to salad.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options

Oooooo, I've been there before with Applebees. It's appalling what restaurants do to salad.

That was mine - crispy chicken oriental salad @ Applebees, it's 1290 cal for the whole thing with 1 ramekin of dressing (which really is not enough lol)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    I don't know this feel.

Well. Okay. Curry from my favorite curry place. Almost 900 cals. Surprised me, but doesn't stop me from eating it. I just skip dessert on those days.
  • linhao
    linhao Posts: 12
    Options
    I was shocked at my general calorie intake, i'd never counted calories before -ever. So when i signed up and logged my first day bam!

3200 cals

And the worst thing is i didn't even eat out! I just realised i eat too many carbs (bread, french brioche, pastries). I was suprised at the calories in french brioche bread : like a 120 cals a slice :O
  • eloisethegiant
    Options
    Anything I bake! I decided to get a new hobby and only bake when there will be other people to present it to. To second this now I wont bake and leave cakes at home because both my parents have BMIs over 30 so it'll benefit us all :)
  • roflskates
    roflskates Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I was with friends and we stopped by the Costco food court after shopping. I had a hot dog (+ refillable drink) and then 1 cinnamon churro stick. Total calories was over 1000. Worst part was that none of it even tasted that great.
  • mkuijt
    mkuijt Posts: 7
    Options
    In Holland we have something called a "kapsalon" which is a dönner meat dish with fries, lettuce, cheese. One serving (500 gram total, I always had the big portion) is 1371 calories! Top with up with garlic sause and you will consume 1500 calories in one sitting.....
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Shocked at the calories in fried plantain :noway: :noway:
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    I think I get more depressed by serving sizes. I could quite easily eat 4-5 servings of some foods without thinking, and blow more than my daily fat or carbs in one go. i log before i eat, so with food like that i usually don't even bother!
  • edwardkim85
    edwardkim85 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    DUK BOK KI (korean food) - spicy compressed rice cake.

This @#@$@$ has more calories than an XL pizza since they compress the **** out of the rice to make it one little thick noodle lol.

and you end up eating like 20-30 = easily 7-8 bowls of rice = 2000 calories.
  • Mangopickle
    Mangopickle Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    To OP - One mother****ing hotwing? JESUS.

I think I ate an entire movie size box of peanut M&Ms today. That really screwed my macros.
    Admittedly this one wing is the size of a racketball! They debone a large chicken wing except for the tip. Then they restuff the skin with a spiced blend of chicken, noodles and veggies. Then they deep fry it until the skin is potato chip crispy. You can get them at many Thai restaurants.
  • _jayciemarie_
    _jayciemarie_ Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Jalapeno Ranch Dressing.