Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Some people have asked about before and after photo's, well now I can post them. This will be a preview to my success story. Thank you for letting me try things out here.
    Before

DSCF0399_zps2e7020e0.jpg

During- my brothers wedding in 2012-67 pounds lost

IMG_20120428_163742_zpse5dbd29c.jpg

most current-Nov. 2013 birth of my niece Julia
    IMG_20131121_194811_zpsb04f07e3.jpg
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check-in. Worked late then headed to the dealership for an oil change which turned into nearly $500 in work that had to be done. :grumble: After that came home, had dinner, and cleaned the upstairs bathroom. I had some problems with year-end reports at work so have to go to work in the morning to figure out the problem. I hope to be able to hit the gym after I get done at work - fingers crossed I'm at work just a few hours.

@Laurie~I love the Christmas garden pics. What fantastic progress pics - what a difference, you look great! :happy:
  • SeeLShrink
    Options
    Happy Friday!

Got my fitbit steps and a yoga session in today :)

Friday - I am planning on going to a kickboxing class in the am with my hubs. Usually I'll do some sort of cardio as well, I'll see how I feel :tongue: . Sunday will likely be a yoga and rest day. Been rocking my calorie goal, so my weekend plan is to keep it up!

Have a wonderful Friday night!

Lauren
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    LaurieK - your Christmas garden picture looks so darling - I love the little Santa in the old fashioned car and all the carolers in their old fashioned clothes as well as all the animals and paths - thanks, Anna for fixing the picture :heart:

Skinny - the CRACKED article was pretty inspiring - altho it also made me feel a little inadequate being I've added no interesting skills since I've been retired. Hope to change that this year, hope to learn to be a better cook. And to use the kitchen scale more.
    I thought it might make a good article for your kids classes too.

Susan - glad you enjoyed your time with your family and you have made some great goals for 2014! I'm behind you all the way! Your Easter cruise sounds like a great reward for the two of you!

Kah - hope you rknee improves and improves!

bopper - welcome! I always recommend that a person get really good at logging their food in the beginning and keep it up forever. You'll need to even do it after you've lost the weight because its even harder in maintenance - so you'll be logging then! So get really got about recording all your food every day. Don't lie to yourself about what you eat.

pixy - funny story about your husband! good job getting him motivated!

Laurie - sounds like you had an awful fiasco on your hands with the rehab center not cancelling your dad's coming home today - I would have been awfully worried about every little move and piece of ice too - I'm glad it all is over and he is safe and sound inside the house. He must be so much happier to be home for the weekend. I hope it goes well for you and your mom.

Kaye - the funeral service sounds very moving. Yes, the thought does apply to us as well.

Sorry all of you digging out of the snow. Its freezing here, but dry.
  • kinnurse0754
    kinnurse0754 Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year All! This is my 3rd time in the past 2+ years that I am making a fresh start on my weight loss journey. I was very successful the 1st time and then got derailed due to surgery and complications from it. I tried again in September 2013 but my head just wasn't in the right place and I gave up only a month or so into the process. They say 3rd times the charm, so I'm hoping 2014 will be the year I finally get this right.
    This site and the people here were instrumental in helping me reach my goals the first time I was here and I was welcomed back last year when I tried again. I have no doubt that I will again be welcomed back because this is the best site on MFP. I have around 140 lbs. to lose and I know this is going to take a long time but I'm going to set my goals in acheivable increments so that I dont' get frustrated and lose my motivation. Today is my first day back and I've read quite a bit of the posts from the past few weeks but just can't get through everything I've missed so I hope that I'll be able to keep up with any changes to the group. My goals for 2014 are going to be pretty simple:
    1) Drink 8 -10 glasses of water daily. I usually am pretty good at this one but haven't been doing it the past few months.
    2) Check in daily and stay honest with my food logs.
    3) Portion control my meals. I've been really bad at meal planning and binge eating lately so that has to stop.
    4) Start a simple exercise program that is fun and that I can build on. I had a great deal of success using Wii Fit the first time around and so I'm going to start using it again. This is where I failed last time. I just couldn't get motivated.
    5) Be vigilant with myself. I am, like a lot of people, an emotional eater. I have to make sure that I stay aware of my moods and check myself before things get out of control.

I think this will be a good start for myself. I have a short term goal. I have booked a flight to visit my son and family the first week in February. I have a new grandbaby due next week so this will be my first visit with the new baby. I want to hit 300 lbs which will be about 15 lbs by the time I go. I usually lose 5-7 lbs in the first week or so of a diet due to water weight so its a duable. I flew out there for Christmas and was embarassed by how tight the seat was. I have to use a seat belt extender and my ultimate goal would be to get to a point where I don't need the extender on a flight.
    I also have a trip to Florida planned for the end of May with my daughter and her two youngest kids and would like to lose at least 40 lbs in the 5 months which should be an achievable goal. I won't know until I get started, right?

Anyway, its good to see some familiar faces still checking in and I hope to meet some of the newer people in the near future. I'm going to start being a regular again and will post on the w/e to give more info on myself. Until then, have a glass of water on me.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: Charlotte
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, Charlotte. It sounds like you have been doing a lot of responsible thinking for 2014 and your goals sound great! I'm so glad you have your two trips to look forward to this year as rewards. Thats going to help motivate you tremendously, I'm sure. And a new grandbaby on the way - how exciting.

I don't know if you've read my posts, but I've been sick and gained about 20 lbs back, so my ticker is not accurate. I'll be joining you in many of yuor goals and watching my binge eating as well!
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I'm going to the gym today and going to go for an hour on the treadmill. Didn't do cardio yesterday, so today will be the ultimate in cardio days.

This has not been a good week. Met a guy, dated guy, had a FANTASTIC time and had so much in common it was amazing. He wanted me to meet his parents this weekend. BUT his friend confessed her love for him, and how can someone new to his life compete with someone who's been around for 3 years? :( I'm trying hard to avoid eating through this disappointment, but it really sucks. :( I took it out at the gym yesterday, and will go back today. At least it's a healthy outlet. The me from 6 months ago is looking at the me now and saying WTF, who are you? lol!
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success - I have made it through another week of Gilad. I'm increased my weights and have been using 5 & 8 lb weights rather than my 3 lb ones. At the beginning of the week it was difficult. I had to alternate a few reps between 3 & 5 lb. By midweek it was becoming "easier" by the end of the week I found I no longer needed the lighter weights. :bigsmile: Granted, it's still very challenging for me. It burns like crazy and I feel like giving up but I don't. I curse and yell my way through it. Once I am done I feel great for sticking with it. :happy:

Last night I loaded all the pictures from my phone onto my laptop. I plan on uploading my progress pictures to photobucket at some point this weekend. I still don't know if I will share them yet. Right now I am taking baby steps. :laugh:

Laurie - I like the pictures of your Christmas gardens. It is similar to what I do with my village. I also love your success photos. Great job. You are very inspiring!

Charlotte - Welcome back. I wish you much success!

Alupinsk - I am sorry that things didn't go well with that guy. Good for you for taking it out at the gym rather than turning to food for comfort! I am proud of you!
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Saturday Success: Just a quick drive by since I've got a lot going on today. While I thoroughly enjoyed the holiday season and the time spent with my parents, it's really good to be back on a schedule and a normal routine. Exercise this week has been good. I started again at the gym on 1/1 and have gone each day since. I increased my intervals on the elliptical pushing over 200 plus 4.0 on the treadmill versus 3.5. I really need to up my exercise and increase my HR. Food choices have been good (for the most part). I really want to see some steady losses this year versus my loss/gain 5 lbs that I've been doing for the past 6 months.

I already hit the gym this AM. Now I'm heading to get a cut/color using a Groupon at the Paul Mitchell School (keeping my fingers crossed). Always a little nervous with students, but you can't beat the price!!! I then need to get some wall flowers from Bath & Body Works, then I have to get groceries. We have nothing in our house so I've been scraping by. I also want to hit Whole Foods for some almond butter (yum)!! Super excited about tonight as I'm going to see Garth Brooks at the Wynn Las Vegas. Yee Haw!!!!!!

I'll check in later today, but enjoy your day!!! Make it GREAT!!!!!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Susan- http://www.freedsbakery.com/ I have heard good things about Layers also http://layersbakery.com/index.html and I like the sound of their organic salads for lunch. I'll let you know after I try one.

"Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can." –Arthur Ashe
  • nuttynetty114
    nuttynetty114 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group!! How do I get back to this group later????
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. I just got back from a great walk with the doggies. I finally learned how to use a few more features on my hrm. I now know how many calories I burned, how many miles i walked, and how many steps I took. I pushed up to four laps today which was 2.51 miles and just over 6000 steps. The last lap was pretty hard but I am trying to get back in the mindset that got me through an entire Zumba class without quitting. I have decided though that I am going to have to get some new shoes and maybe a knee brace since my right knee wants to twinge anytime I add in the jogging. I have started doing some stretching, though I am sure not nearly enough, when I get home. Overall I have been consistent with the walking everyday this week and have logged my food the good the bad and even the ugly:bigsmile: My goal for January is to make sure I log everyday regardless of how good or bad and to get a consistent resistance workout established.

Laurie had to say your pics are great. You are making amazing progress.

Susan I am happy to hear you had such a good time with your family. I totally understand though how nice it is to get home.

Charlotte I am so happy to see you again. You can totally do this. I have not been doing so great the last few months myself but I am rededicating and getting back on track.

Afm: I didnt make any weight loss resolutions this year. I am going to use this year to get more organized and try to get a consistent routine set up. I am great at making plans but my follow through leaves a little to be desired. I am hoping if I can get a routine it will help with that. I have my hubby here with me all weekend which I am very happy about since he is doing a quick turnaround and will be leaving again in about a week. Well have a great day everyone. I got to go find something fun to do with the hubby :bigsmile: :flowerforyou: :heart: :drinker:
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Hi guys!
    I had a really fun day out yesterday, but went way over on calories. I logged as best I could--I'm sure I forgot something, but at least I tried. :ohwell: Today is my first day of being super-diligent with food choices and focusing on meeting my protein goal. I have some fish thawing in the fridge, so I can cook that to bring for lunch all week. DH made some chili the other night, so finishing off leftovers of that this weekend. He makes it pretty healthy--ground beef, beans, and veggies along with some hominy. The only unhealthy aspect is the generous dollop of sour cream I like to put in it, but I've logged it.

Temps today are supposed to near 30--it will feel like a heat wave! :laugh: Planning a walk with gunner, but right now it's snowing. I'm going to skip the gym today and focus on grading--I've got 17 Scarlet Letter essays left, and I really want to get those done before Monday. I will go to the gym tomorrow for sure to lift and do cardio. The temps are supposed to drop significantly over the next couple of days--there are still rumors of school being canceled on Monday, but waiting to see. They probably won't make the call until Sunday night at the earliest.

I'm quite unmotivated at the moment--it's after 1pm and I'm still lounging in my pajamas. :ohwell: Need to get off my butt and get going.

Grading goals:
    1. 1/72 AP essays
    2. 9/26 Scarlet Letter essays
    3. x/52 Scarlet Letter annotations

Exercise goals:
    Mon--babysit toddler DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)
    Fri--walk gunner
    Sat--walk gunner + gym (cardio)
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 85
    Dead lift = 90
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 60

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Would love to join this group!! How do I get back to this group later????

I click COMMUNITY on the blue bar at the top then My Topics if you have posted recently this thread should be right near the top of the list.

t1.jpg

Fitbit users- Do you use Walgreens for Rx? If so and you are a balance rewards member you can link your fitbit to get 20 points per mile and you can get points for weigh ins on their site.

I'm trying to decide if I should go to the hockey game tonight by myself. Amy is sick and I do not think she wants to go. We were going to go and hit Mcmullian's Irish Pub (The Official Irish Pub of the Las Vegas Wranglers) before the game. The Sheppard's pie and Jameson are calling my name!

Laurie- great pictures keep up the good work! My mom has a church like the one in your garden that has a music box in it that plays Silent Night.
  • dukesduchess350
    dukesduchess350 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This week has been a real struggle for me. Tonight I will be going grocery shopping and since the snow has been coming down since the AM I might shovel the snow.

I really love the fitbit products. I started off with the zip and then found the one when i saw that it does stairs. if anyone would like to add me my user is //www.fitbit.com/user/24VS7D
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: I'm going to the gym today and going to go for an hour on the treadmill. Didn't do cardio yesterday, so today will be the ultimate in cardio days.

This has not been a good week. Met a guy, dated guy, had a FANTASTIC time and had so much in common it was amazing. He wanted me to meet his parents this weekend. BUT his friend confessed her love for him, and how can someone new to his life compete with someone who's been around for 3 years? :( I'm trying hard to avoid eating through this disappointment, but it really sucks. :( I took it out at the gym yesterday, and will go back today. At least it's a healthy outlet. The me from 6 months ago is looking at the me now and saying WTF, who are you? lol!

sucks that he went back to her. Congrats on your response!! That is a HUGE accomplishent to work out your feelings instead of eating them. Keep at it.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Charlotte- we will attack this year together ok?

Laurie- wow!! what a difference in your pics!

did well cleaning yesterday which kept me on track with eating until bedtime when i found one package of ritz crackers...my kryptonite....well they are gone now and i am still cleaning today!!
    sun is shining again so windows are open and music is loud!! drinking tons of water.......how much have you had today?

tom- ooh...i LOVED that quote from Arthur Ashe and it is now on my fridge. Thanks so much for posting all the fabulous quotes you find
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Anna-Where are you located? I could see another round of wintery weather but it may be more ice than snow. YUCK!!!
    Northwest Ohio. They are calling for 8-12 inches for us which is super rare and then followed by subzero temps. These temps haven't happened here in 20 years!
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Halfway done with the essays. Still snowing here.:ohwell:

Grading goals:
    1. 1/72 AP essays
    2. 13/26 Scarlet Letter essays
    3. x/52 Scarlet Letter annotations

Exercise goals:
    Mon--babysit toddler DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + shoveled snow
    Thurs--walk gunner DONE + gym (lift and HIIT) NOT DONE but more shoveling
    Fri--walk gunner NOT DONE
    Sat--walk gunner DONE + gym (cardio) NOT DONE
    Sun--walk gunner + gym (lift and HIIT)

Exercise & Weight:
    Bench press = 85
    Dead lift = 90
    Squat = 90
    Overhead press = 55
    Upright row = 60

Overhead tricep extension = 25 (dumbbell)
    Bicep curl = 15 (dumbbell)
    Lat pull down = 100
    Tricep pull down = 90
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Wow, I can't believe all of the snow that is still coming down for some of you. It was windy here today, but a gorgeous day otherwise. Temps are supposed to drop tonight though, next couple of days will be pretty cold. I worked for a couple of hours this morning and then had time to meet some friends for a Volksmarch event - because of the wind we just walked the 5k instead of the 10k. Afterwards we did some running around and then visited for a bit. Now I'm picking up around the house, doing laundry, and working on a grocery list.

@Charlotte~Welcome back! I think 2014 is going to be your year - you've got great goals and some great motivation for sticking to them!

Exercise Goals:

Monday~Gym, training session DONE!
    Tuesday~None
    Wednesday~Gym, 5k DONE!
    Thursday~None, worked late
    Friday~None, probably work late and knee needs to recover from cortisone
    Saturday~Gym or 10k with friends - DONE! (Volksmarch 5k with friends)
    Sunday~Gym, training session