Your calorie sob story

Options

Replies

• QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options
    Was actually pleasantly suprised by the steakhouse filet salad at Texas Roadhouse, 700 calories, HUGE salad with tons of blue cheese and a 4oz filet mingon. Fits wonderfully in to my macros and half the time I split it up and take half home for lunch the next day. Leaves more room for their rolls and cinnamon butter, those don't fill well in to my macros but IDGAF!
  • SerenaKitty
    Options
    I've been counting calories on and off since 12, but it did shock me to see that a typical fast food binge for me came in at over 5,000 calories.

The amount of calories in a DQ blizzard has always shocked me. And they aren't even that good. Some of them are higher in calories than a whole pint of premium ice cream.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I was waiting for a table at Cheesecake Factory not long ago, and I noticed they post the calories in their cheesecakes in the glass case by the front door. Luckily I wasn't planning to eat any cheesecake, but I couldn't believe the calories per slice! Granted, the slices are huge (as is everything in that restaurant), but one slice of the plain was over 700 cals, and some of the higher ones were over 1000!!!
  • CarolinkaCjj
    CarolinkaCjj Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    My mum actually has a hard time eating enough these days (she is 89) so she eats whatever she wants. We used to occasionally split a Chocolate wave cake at Red Lobster, now she takes it home - 1490 calories! I knew it was high but good lord! Has caused me to swear off desserts at restaurant - I can have a nice butter cookie when I get home instead - it should clock in at under 200 - that I can live with.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Jack in the Box Egg Nog Shake of 24 oz contains 1210 calories.

I bet it was worth it though.

For me, it was some salad (I forgot the name of it) at TGIF's. It was around 1300-1500 calories and NOT worth it :noway:
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    No calorie sob story here but THE SODIUM CONTENT IN FOODS IS AMAZINGLY HIGH !!!
  • ArtsyBunny
    ArtsyBunny Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I went out to Baberitos for the first time since starting on MFP. I thought I was doing great because I got a small tortilla without sour cream and guacamole, but when I looked it up at home it was over a 1,000 cals!! Definitely blew my day.

Oh the small peanut butter milkshake from Sonic is like 800 cals. :grumble: Totally not worth it, I can make better at home for less.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Dairy Queen 1/4 lb Flame Thrower GrillBurger. I had guessed it was around 500 - 600 based on similar burgers, but it was 740.

Tasted pretty good and I was able to fit it into my day by watching my dinner calories a bit.
  • tinakowalik
    tinakowalik Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1/4 pound pretzel burger from Wendy's. 680 cals. Never been there before, had it with poutine too. So along with a drink, lunch was 1500 plus cals. I felt so sick for eating so much in one meal, I haven't been back.
  • gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    My fave Red Robin burger, the blue ribbon burger. Its something like 1000 +\- for just the burger. JUST. THE. BURGER.
  • JamieBeth19
    JamieBeth19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    YESTERDAY. Momma's breakfast platter at the Cracker Barrel. 3 pancakes, 2 scrambled eggs, 2 sausage links which came to about 1100 calories I believe. I didn't eat the whole thing so I logged it as .75 of the platter which counted me out at 900ish calories. uhggggg the regret lol. I did my crunches and burpees to try to work it off.
  • OhCora
    OhCora Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    trail mix! Holy cow. I ate a cup of it. 600 cals, 60 some odd carbs, 24g fat....ugh.
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    a salad my grandma used to make, lettuce type. 1000 calories, one cup serving...... wow. Im gonna miss that salad. :sad:
  • KeriW626
    KeriW626 Posts: 430
    Options
    I was shocked at my general calorie intake, i'd never counted calories before -ever. So when i signed up and logged my first day bam!

3200 cals

And the worst thing is i didn't even eat out! I just realised i eat too many carbs (bread, french brioche, pastries). I was suprised at the calories in french brioche bread : like a 120 cals a slice :O

Hubby and I tend to eat flour tortillas instead for bread. The one we usually buy is 100 calories each. I checked out others at the grocery store today up to 200+ calories each!!! and Im eatting this instead of bread, which I believe is 140 for two slices.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I was surprised at how small serving sizes are. Cereal is one of the worst! One serving size makes all my little cereal bowls look like giant punch bowls. Once I got my scale I figured out that most people are probably eating a ton more than they think they are.
  • gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I was shocked at my general calorie intake, i'd never counted calories before -ever. So when i signed up and logged my first day bam!

3200 cals

And the worst thing is i didn't even eat out! I just realised i eat too many carbs (bread, french brioche, pastries). I was suprised at the calories in french brioche bread : like a 120 cals a slice :O

Hubby and I tend to eat flour tortillas instead for bread. The one we usually buy is 100 calories each. I checked out others at the grocery store today up to 200+ calories each!!! and Im eatting this instead of bread, which I believe is 140 for two slices.

I buy "Healthy Life" bread. Just 35 cals/slice. But definitely white bread is the devil.
  • nccarolb
    nccarolb Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    My biggest pre-log mistake was a regular #1 burger at Sonic. A whopping 750 calories!! My biggest shock (before I got the book "Eat This, Not That" was the bread pudding at Mimi's Cafe: 1100 calories. Per serving! My daughter and I would eat one of those AFTER our meal. o.O
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    Filipino spring rolls (lumpia)....so good but deadly....

The ones I had were just under 200 calories a piece....I ate 10 of them :blushing:
    Don't be embarrassed. Everyone knows that a serving size of Lumpia is 10!! I know for a fact I have consumed 30 in a 24 hour period.

Lumpia is so nummy!!! I made lumpia for Thanksgiving with turkey burger inside..nummy nummy nummy!!!!

ETA: My breakfast from Grandy's was awful!!!!! Freaked me out that I had eaten so much in the morning I was starving myself almost the rest of the day...LOL
  • jweindruch
    jweindruch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    A Chipotle Burrito. I got everything on it and did the calculation on their website - they have a cool calculator. It was something like 1280 calories.
  • Samthefrog
    Samthefrog Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Suddenly Salad Bacon Ranch pasta salad. I know, it's processed and artificial as all heck, but there's something so delicious about it.

Until I started counting calories and realized it's 320 calories PER 3/4 CUP!!! I could easily pack away a couple cups of that stuff! Goodbye, pasta salad... we had a good run.

As for those Angel wings, that stuff is SO AWESOME. I'd gladly make room in my daily cals for that. Yum yum...