Christmas Weight Gain - be honest!

Options

Replies

• Doctorpurple
    Doctorpurple Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I think I've maintained. At first I thought I gained like 1-2 lbs but quickly went away. It was probably due to water weight because of the salty foods and the fact that I went on a plane ride after christmas to go back home. Now I'm trying to lose 4 more lbs before valentine's day and since last week I haven't lost a single pound and I feel bloated because of PMS..
  • Barbonica
    Barbonica Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Dec 3 to Jan 3: 2 pounds lost. Right on track with my 2-3 pounds/month loss target. First year I managed to do this; I focused on weekly calories rather than daily, saved up for days I knew I would go over because of festivities, increased my cardio a little, and let it fall where it would. I think the lack of stress about trying to maintain or lose during this period was a differentiator for me. I knew if I gained a little, it didn't matter in the long run.
  • tinnyhinny
    tinnyhinny Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I only put on 2.5lbs. Not too bad. Needed to get all the goodies out of the house and guests lol. Now that the hollidays are over time to bust into those workouts.
  • tm82001
    tm82001 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I put on two pounds by Christmas, but have now gone down 3 as of January 2, so I am overall down one pound (which never happens)!! Pretty proud of myself. In the past, my normal gain from Thanksgiving Day through New Year's Day has been 8-12 pounds.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    From just before Thanksgiving to New Year's Eve...gained 4 lbs, but 3.5% body fat, which tells me I lost muscle. But overall could have been a lot worse, back on track now.
  • VpinkLotus
    VpinkLotus Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    + 4 lbs. And they are proving VERY stuborn. :grumble:
  • dazzlesangel
    dazzlesangel Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm ashamed to admit that I put on 9 pounds, between Christmas Eve and New Year's Day, but I have already lost 5 of those pounds so hopefully it will all come off again soon.
  • Diamond05
    Diamond05 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    What about I make you all feel better? I put on 20 pounds in December!!! Wth is wrong with me? I am not surprised because I stopped exercising and ate my problems or worries away. Not a good way to deal with problems i know. Anyway I'm back at it and i hope this will be a lesson for me...
  • ceebeez1975
    ceebeez1975 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    900grams all up. Hope to lose it in the next two weeks. Not too worried, as long as it doesnt keep going up.I expected this to happen and I am ok with it
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Hard to tell its TOM
  • matildamagic
    matildamagic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    (My first post: hello all!)
    Since it was my birthday on the 9th and then followed by Christmas- I spent 3 weeks eating, drinking and doing next-to-no exercise :O
    I put on 4lbs but have lost 3 of those again now....however, my body looks dreadful!! It's really proved to me that the 4 gym workouts per week (plus yoga, swimming and lots of walking) ARE working, even if the scales don't always please me; the shape of my body NEEDS the sweat sessions! :D
  • Vegan_85
    Vegan_85 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I hadn't weighed myself since the beginning of December. Given the amount of junk food and alcohol I consumed, I expected to put on at least 5lb. Instead it was only 2lb. However, I've lost a lot of muscle tone, so look a bit bloated now.

Really, I'm more concerned with getting back to healthy eating and exercise. The period of eating whatever I wanted was great, but I grew bored of it. That and I never bothered to take vitamin pills.
  • amandasimons50
    amandasimons50 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I was actually proud of myself because I remained the same weight throughout Christmas! Sadly, however, I gained 18 pounds in 2013 when I was supposed to be working on losing 100 including 3 whole pounds during Thanksgiving alone! In my frustration I stopped drinking soda and I think that's what saved me from gaining the Christmas weight! But now I'm going to refocus and rededicate myself to getting healthy!
  • 1971jamie
    1971jamie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    no weight loss this morning - pretty annoying as I've been good!
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I put on 1kg (2+lbs) over the two weeks from 21st December to yesterday. I logged all my food, went over most days and didn't exercise as much as usual so I think I got off quite lightly!
    It has put the date I reach my goal back by about 4 weeks though :-(
  • Samstan101
    Samstan101 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    I weighed the Saturday before Christmas and then again yesterday and have lost 2lbs.

I didn't go mad food wise, Christmas Eve, Day & Boxing Day I didn't log and ate what I wanted without going totally over the top, I also had a couple of meals out but was careful all other days and I did manage to get a lot of exercise in (ran over 20miles, elliptical at the gym, turbo trainer at home, swim & a weights session). So really pleased with how I got through my first Christmas post lifestyle changes.
  • candiceh3
    candiceh3 Posts: 379
    Options
    I lost 6 lbs. But I had a new years goal I was going to meet come hell or high water!
  • Kay2405
    Kay2405 Posts: 54
    Options
    Over the Christmas/New Year period, I ended up gaining 7lbs, which was horrifying. The chocolate was good though.

Been back on the dieting/exercising from 1st Jan. :)
  • feadzy
    feadzy Posts: 22
    Options
    1,8 kg / 4 lbs.. but they're already gone :)