Silly things that annoy you!

Options

Replies

• JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I'm annoyed when threads that are JUST getting fun get removed.
    Agreed!
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    So I was running errands today and was reminded of something else that annoys me. People who drive the wrong way up (or down) the aisles in a parking lot. *sigh*
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    1. misuse of words and not knowing correct spelling:
    your/you're, there/their/they're, your/you're, lose/loose, and the many others such as these

I knew someone who mixed up "formally" with "formerly."

2. crooked pictures on walls (I have been known to straighten pictures in public places)
    3. driving too slowly
    4. slowing down at green lights
    5. "like" I really "like" dislike the way some people "like" say like every other word
    5. people who tell me what to do

I'm very easy to get along with, and don't have many things that annoy me. I just wanted to see what kind of list came up. I got stuck so I guess this is it!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    1. misuse of words and not knowing correct spelling:
    your/you're, there/their/they're, your/you're, lose/loose, and the many others such as these

I knew someone who mixed up "formally" with "formerly."

2. crooked pictures on walls (I have been known to straighten pictures in public places)
    3. driving too slowly
    4. slowing down at green lights
    5. "like" I really "like" dislike the way some people "like" say like every other word
    5. people who tell me what to do

I'm very easy to get along with, and don't have many things that annoy me. I just wanted to see what kind of list came up. I got stuck so I guess this is it!

Sadly, I am a "like" person. I am really trying to stop using it so much, but it's so hard! In my defense, I'm from California. But I got called out in Oregon and it was really embarrassing. I don't think I'm "Valley Girl" bad, but I say it more than I'm comfortable with...
  • catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options

Oh dear you'd hate me then. I went out with someone who could be classed as OCD. All the cup handles had to face the same way in a CLOSED cupboard, everything had to be precise, used to go round touching pictures to make sure they were straight, woe betide a wrinkle in the made bed etc. He would go in the kitchen after me to make sure everything was in exactly the right place, to the millimetre...this is after I'd cooked for a couple of hours. It was a real P off...so much so that when he got up to annoyingly, minutely rearrange anything I may have used, I'd go through the house minutely adjusting his picture frames!
  • RoadDog
    RoadDog Posts: 2,946 Member
    Options
    I know I might take some heat for this but I was annoyed recently by a woman that sued a "men's only" club because she was denied membership. Really? Why? She didn't really want to join. Just wanted to make a point.

Almost went down to Curves and pitched a fit.
  • NutritionDivaRD
    NutritionDivaRD Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    I know I might take some heat for this but I was annoyed recently by a woman that sued a "men's only" club because she was denied membership. Really? Why? She didn't really want to join. Just wanted to make a point.

Not offended at all. I think there are people out there who search for reasons to sue. Very uncool. I don't have a problem at all with clubs that are for one gender only.....or schools for kids that are one gender only......
  • newlisa13
    newlisa13 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    People who speak in the third person makes me mad in a very irrational way. And people at the gym who don't put the weights back where they belong so I have to spend 10 minutes of my workout time looking for them. Lazy poops.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Can't stand the poor spelling and grammar. I just read a thread where someone was trying to post medical info and getting upset that people were not taking her seriously. Well, hello! You can't even spell or use punctuation properly, and you wonder why people won't take you seriously? Stop texting and pay attention in class!
  • RoadDog
    Options
    Can't stand the poor spelling and grammar. I just read a thread where someone was trying to post medical info and getting upset that people were not taking her seriously. Well, hello! you're can even spell or use punctuation properly, and you wonder why people won't take you seriously? Stop texting and pay attention in class!

Well, hello! YOU'RE can even spell or use punctuation properly, and you wonder why people won't take you seriously?

I feel your pain.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    See? I was so worked up I did my own mistake! :blushing:
    Can I blame it on the fact that I am still absorbing my coffee?
  • RoadDog
    Options
    See? I was so worked up I did my own mistake! :blushing:
    Can I blame it on the fact that I am still absorbing my coffee?

Absolutely.
  • mrsewert
    mrsewert Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I'm bad with my there and their :blushing:

Smacking gum/food drive me insane. I do not need to hear you chewing and swallowing and smacking. A lady at work does it ALL THE TIME. And she stands by the copy machine right outside my door I can't turn my radio loud enough. :laugh:
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Labels not facing forward drive me bananas. Even if I get a coffee out somewhere, I have to arrange the lid with the front of the cup.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    The guy at my gym who wears the 'I heart Fat Chicks' t-shirt. I kinda want to kick him. :tongue:
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options

Really? I would have applauded you for going to Curves and making a fuss. People like the woman you mention need to get a life and focus on the REAL instances of wrong doing.
  • fitnesspirateninja
    fitnesspirateninja Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I can't stand spit-related habits. Chew is the worst. It's beyond gross to me to see people walking around with bottles of tobacco-juice and spit. Ugh. I could claim it's a tobacco thing, but really, people who do this with sunflower seeds skeeve me out as well.

*shudder*
  • charny164
    charny164 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    People that bite their forks when they are eating. That horrible "TING" noise. ARGH
  • RoadDog
    Options
    I can't stand spit-related habits. Chew is the worst. It's beyond gross to me to see people walking around with bottles of tobacco-juice and spit. Ugh. I could claim it's a tobacco thing, but really, people who do this with sunflower seeds skeeve me out as well.

*shudder*

I love sunflower seeds and when I go to HS games, I spit in a cup rather than spit them out on the floor of the stands. I really don't know what else I could do ith the shells.

I guess I'd rather skeeve someone out than make the janitor clean up my mess.