Sexual objectification of breasts

Options

Replies

• barbiepiacenti
    Options
    I think that everyone should be happy what they do for themselves implants or not! and keep on doing what does make them happy!!!:flowerforyou:
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    the only people who objectify breasts are the bores who cant get a conversation going and who get divorced after 8 years of marriage and 2 kids and a hefty child support penalty.

the rest of us QB for the Packers!

Low blow! I feel soo bad for the guy, because if he is gay or not, people are getting all up in his business.

I'm so confused. What is going on here?

Google the Packers' QB.

Huh. Interesting. I had no idea that was in the news circulating. I always knew A-Rodg was in a romantic relationship with himself but didn't know that extended to other men.

It looks like he spoke out earlier this week and said he really really likes women.

I swear I always suspected he was gay
  • cakemz
    cakemz Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day the main purpose of having breasts is to feed our babies and you can do that if they are large or small . There is nothing more natural or beautiful than a a mother feeding her new baby and the health benefits to both mother and baby are well documented .
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    Breast Implants are very stimulating.....

...For the economy

So that's what you named him. Are his two buddies Bull and Bear Market?

"Dow Jones" and "S&P 500" actually.

Left and Right respectively.

Its great. The puns and innuendo are endless.
  • aakaakaak
    aakaakaak Posts: 1,240 Member
    Options
    This thread is nothing without pics.

Also, I really don't care what size, shape or floppiness they are as long as they make you feel sexy. If you just think of them as blobs of fat or silicone that hang off your chest then you've totally missed to point of boobs.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    I spend about 90 percent of my day trying to figure out how to sexually objectify pretty much everything.

I'd say I represent the majority of people.
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I am a live and let live kind of person on many things. Not sure if I would get implants, reduction maybe, but I have no need of implants. However if someone has small breasts and getting implants make them feel better about themselves, than I applaud their willingness to go after what they want. Some may feel it is superficial however isn't weight loss in many ways...yes there are so many health benefits to it, but many of us are not going after the health benefits but how our jeans fit or what the scale indicates makes us feel better about ourselves and sometimes like we are better than others. Much like your friend indicated that women with breast implants feel like they are better...but that may just be a healthy dose of confidence they may not have had otherwise. All in all, baby you want a breast implant, I say go for it!
  • FindingMyPerfection
    FindingMyPerfection Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    At the end of the day the main purpose of having breasts is to feed our babies and you can do that if they are large or small . There is nothing more natural or beautiful than a a mother feeding her new baby and the health benefits to both mother and baby are well documented .
    Most mammals don't have breasts and feed their young with no problem, the reason for swollen breasts is to attract a mate.
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,302 Member
    Options
    the only people who objectify breasts are the bores who cant get a conversation going and who get divorced after 8 years of marriage and 2 kids and a hefty child support penalty.

the rest of us QB for the Packers!

Low blow! I feel soo bad for the guy, because if he is gay or not, people are getting all up in his business.

I'm so confused. What is going on here?

Google the Packers' QB.

Huh. Interesting. I had no idea that was in the news circulating. I always knew A-Rodg was in a romantic relationship with himself but didn't know that extended to other men.

It looks like he spoke out earlier this week and said he really really likes women.

I swear I always suspected he was gay

He is not. http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/packers-qb-aaron-rodgers-tackles-internet-rumors-i-m-not-gay-123113

first rule of gay club, you deny you're a member!!!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I personally think breast implants are gross (unless for medical reasons like a mastectomy or something). Boobies need to bounce! But if you get implants and it's obvious you have implants, do you think you're not going to get stared at?

Gross? So the same implant in one woman getting it for vanity and one woman having reconstruction is gross?

How on earth would you know the difference just by looking? Seems legit.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Personal choices are personal. That said, I felt truly sad overhearing 3 very attractive, fit young women (20s) at the gym talking about how they hated how they looked b/c of their small boobs. How they desperately wanted or were getting implants to make them a "normal" C.

C is NOT NORMAL. Or it wasn't until recently. Either way, it's a tragic, artificially created perception. How dare I? Well:

In the last 15 years, the average bust size has increased from 34B to 36C.
    http://www.livescience.com/32397-what-is-the-average-american-womans-bust-size-.html

While that article notes that it's not known how much is due to augmentation surgery vs. side effect of expanding waistlines, it's worth noting this:
    According to the American Society of Plastic Surgeons, breast augmentation was the number one cosmetic surgery in the country in 2011 with 307,000 women getting the procedure. This is a 4 percent increase from the previous year and a 45 percent increase from 2000.

Imnsho, neither explanation is in our collective best interest. Better to regain a sane perspective, as a species.

Edited to correct tagging.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    I personally think breast implants are gross (unless for medical reasons like a mastectomy or something). Boobies need to bounce! But if you get implants and it's obvious you have implants, do you think you're not going to get stared at?

Gross? So the same implant in one woman getting it for vanity and one woman having reconstruction is gross?

And women with natural breasts never get stared at? I have friends who look like they have implants because their breasts are naturally so large.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    Boobs! Boobs for everyone!
    This is why women have two!
    I thought that was because we have two hands...
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Most mammals don't have breasts and feed their young with no problem, the reason for swollen breasts is to attract a mate.

All female mammals have mammary glands and produce milk to feed their young. Human mammary glands; contained in the breasts, don't swell to attract a mate, the glands swell when they are engorged with milk. Since they don't do that unless a woman is already pregnant or recently given birth and obtaining her full supply it just doesn't make biological sense to say that it's for attracting males. Especially since continuous breastfeeding after birth can be used as a form of birth control for 6 months.

Edit: I know your glands can swell because of PMS but in an average 28 day cycle there wouldn't be any noticeable amount of swelling to the entire breast to indicate to the opposite sex that you are about to ovulate, if anything it would be most obvious right before menses and then the point is nill since the window for conception is so limited.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

And women with natural breasts never get stared at? I have friends who look like they have implants because their breasts are naturally so large.

Yep, I've been accused many times of having implants...my fabulous kid is how I got mine!
  • linsey0689
    linsey0689 Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I don't think females with large breast vs small breast are more attractive. I think reasonable implants are okay or after some has their breast removed for medical reasons. But when people go for this huge breast I think it looks silly. I have not ever thought about getting any work done until here lately and if anything when I get to goal I will get all my excess skin removed maybe including my breast.
  • NataliaLueck
    NataliaLueck Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    wow awesome topic! I'm 38 years old, (5'3") petite, and skinny (105#). My chest is 32A and when I go to the gym and have to wear sports bras that flatten my nipples even more, i resort to gel filled inserts to quell my inner critic who pesters me with "OMG, look at Her...she looks 10!!!" Sigh; I'll always have a flat chest and that's just me, take me or leave me. No way would I ever have elective surgery to alter my chest, what for with all the amazing bras and inserts on the market today. Besides, I never had a problem attracting men though, because you know when the lights go down it's all the same …. perhaps they're more interested in the lower regions of a women's anatomy!?
  • WSG88
    WSG88 Posts: 13
    Options
    I don't judge women with breast implants well, I try not too. I am all for doing something that makes you feel better about yourself unless you get odd looking boobs out of it. (Odd TO ME is Big Ang from mob wives or that coco person, or Dolly Parton). I am actually considering getting implants myself. Nothing too big just from a B to a C. I am a very distinct pear shape I just feel like if I went up a cup size I would look a bit more proportional.
    What got me thinking about implants was about 2 weeks ago my husband was watching me change and said he loved my boobs, I replied with a "You don't think they are too small for my body?" and he said "Nope. They're 'fun sized'" I immediately took that as a small. So now I feel a little weird about my chest. Stupid, right?

Edit to say that I don't think a breast size makes anyone more or less attractive. It is how the person takes care of/carries themselves and their personality that determines their beauty.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I personally like smaller boobs more, especially on myself. I feel like big boobs just get in the way and are annoying. I totally understand why the Amazons cut off one of those suckers.