Sexual objectification of breasts

Options

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Man's opinion, here. I think it a choice for the woman to make, and, if she is happy with her choices, it's nobody else's business.

I love a pretty package as much as the next person, but, once you've unwrapped it, it's what's inside that's important.
  • Beastmaster50
    Beastmaster50 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Thread is useless without pics.....
  • kdb247
    kdb247 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Man's opinion, here. I think it a choice for the woman to make, and, if she is happy with her choices, it's nobody else's business.

I love a pretty package as much as the next person, but, once you've unwrapped it, it's what's inside that's important.

^^Best Reply Thus Far^^
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    The last time I unwrapped the package, the tabloids referred to me as Buffalo Bill...

As for breasts, they are secondary sexual characteristics to begin with. No "sexual objectification" required. I prefer ones that are proportionate to the woman's frame, so since I prefer petite women I guess you could say I'm a small boob man.
  • tula1980
    Options
    I'm naturally rather more blessed than I'd like to be in the boob department for my frame, so I can understand the desire to have proportional boobs to the frame, I can understand why people would want reductions, and I can understand why people could have implants. I'd never judge anyone who undertook the path to achieve proportion.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I thought the question he was asking was if women feel pressured to get breast implants, not do we feel it impacts us when other people get implants. But, it seems other people are answering it from the second perspective. So, from that perspective, no I don't care about other people's choices. But, I wouldn't do it. As a personal choice it seems very extreme to cut my body open and have objects put inside. That just scares me. If I had breast cancer I would consider it and probably I would do it because I would already be getting surgery. I'm ok with getting surgery for medical reasons. I just wouldn't want to get surgery for no good reason. Also, I just really love my breasts and I don't think breast implants would look good on me. My breasts are already firm and perky. Breast implants would stretch them out and change the shape. There are more things to consider, other than just size for a woman making a decision like that. Plus my husband loves my breasts. If I changed them for a non medical reason he would be extremely sad.
  • curt40
    curt40 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I love the look of a woman with breast implants. I suppose its not PC, but I like what I like?
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Meh. Boobs are pretty but overrated. I don't really understand why they are as important as they are.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    in for boobs
  • _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options

:drinker:

I love all the boobs, but if I can't talk to you on an intellectual level then it won't work.
  • GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    If someone dresses to emphasize something, be it boobs or their butt or narrow waist, chances are good it will attract my attention. It's not a sexual thing any more than the color red or something sparkly draws my attention. I'm looking at something that stands out from the crowd.

Sure there can be pressure felt to look a certain way but beauty really is in the eye of the beholder. I've had men I've dated offer to buy me implants and I once had someone rudely stare at my chest and tell me I need to cut down on the aerobics. :shrug: I'm happy with them and that's all that matters, not what anyone else thinks.
  • 4homer
    4homer Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    Meh. Boobs are pretty but overrated. I don't really understand why they are as important as they are.
    this, Ill never understand it either (unless your a baby then I can understand )
  • llama_sammich
    Options
    I kinda get it... Even I'm attracted to a nice rack. However, people need to learn to control themselves... Just because a girl looks good doesn't mean you have the right to say things like, "Hey, nice t*ts!" and reach for a handful.

As for implants, I think nice, reasonably sized ones (not like FFF beach ball-looking melons) can look fine. Personally, I'll probably get a lift after I have a couple kids, but that's more to keep my man sexually attracted to me than anything else. I wouldn't bother with it if I wasn't married. Don't need attention from the masses of dogs :)
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options

Bigger boobs can lead you to imagine more milk, which can lead you to think more milk for babies, which might make you think more babies. Which also might convince you best way to have a lot babies to keep the species alive is to find big boobs with a lot of milk.

But that is a logic of a crazy person who is very visual and doesn't understand science, like a Paleo caveman.
  • endlesswonderr
    endlesswonderr Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I am barely a B cup, and I don't feel any less attractive or sexy as a women with a DD cup. (also, I get away with going braless all the time, so if anything I prefer to be small chested hehe).
    However, I think that if ladies feel the need to get breast augmentations to feel more attractive, then they can go right ahead and do as they please! People should be allowed to make decisions and chose to look certain ways without being criticized for it.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    My breasts were sucked out of me by my kids. I need to fill em up with something besides muscle. Soon as I can I will. I mean, saggy tits aren't cool, man. So instead of judging how 'fake' they look, your pal should think, "Wonder how jacked they were looking prior..."

So that's coming from someone who had some nice apples and now feels like she has some prunes. (I exaggerate of course)

Ultimately, the woman does it for herself without giving a rats *kitten* if people think they're "fake". And if that gives her a confidence boost mistaken for a "superiority" complex... who cares.
  • coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna flip the script on this topic.

Guys: Does it really matter what we think? Admit it, if we could augment our "anatomy" as readily as women, well, let me put it this way. The two most popular medical specialties would be plastic surgeons and chiropractors... ya know, what with all the newly-acquired back problems.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    A good discussion I was having with a peer at work (female). She brought it up after a member with obvious breast implants got several stares from males and females in the gym while she jogged on the treadmill.
    My peer believes that breast implants ruin a females figure and gives a false sense that she's actually better. And that small breasted women are considered by society as not as sexually attractive as by society's standard on beauty. I somewhat disagreed, but I'm really accepting of any type of breast size.

So how do others (especially other females) feel about this?

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I think it's great that she has implants. I personally would not judge her for it. Judging a woman that has implants doesn't make sense to me.

As far as people looking at her...well...people look at women who are overweight, slim, etc. I mean, they look anyway!

It kind of makes me sad that your peer is judging her really. I wish women wouldn't do that to each other....
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    I should be judging pics of awesome fakers...I feel deceived...
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    My breasts were sucked out of me by my kids. I need to fill em up with something besides muscle. Soon as I can I will. I mean, saggy tits aren't cool, man. So instead of judging how 'fake' they look, your pal should think, "Wonder how jacked they were looking prior..."

So that's coming from someone who had some nice apples and now feels like she has some prunes. (I exaggerate of course)

Ultimately, the woman does it for herself without giving a rats *kitten* if people think they're "fake". And if that gives her a confidence boost mistaken for a "superiority" complex... who cares.

Agreed.