What could you eat everyday and still lose weight?

Options

Replies

• christinemadden0223
    christinemadden0223 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    LOVE hummus

Also I think I'm gonna make mini meatloaves and grilled arparagus tonight! It's been awile and I forgot about those- thanks!
  • ataylorgardner
    ataylorgardner Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    for breakfast I like to make an omlete or scrambled eggs with sliced up lean turkey lunch meat and feta cheese. You can use egg whites if you like but I use the whole egg. I found its also good with sauteed asparagus, green onion and parmesan cheese. for lunch or dinner I like to make taco salads. I use ground turkey, taco seasoning then add it to a bed of romain lettuce, with onions a little cheese, a little sour cream and some cheese. Its still pretty healthy and for some reason I feel like Im cheating but its ok lol!
  • StephMCompton
    Options
    i eat this just about everyday
    (add last) 2 eggs, table spoon skim milk, 1/4 cup taco blend shredded cheese
    saute half red pepper,half yellow pepper, half orange pepper, tsp minced garlic, 1/4 cup yellow onion.
    scramble altogether once pepper blend is done, then top with sour cream, fresh salsa and hot sauce
    simple but its soo flavorful and around 300 calories
  • ScottH_200
    ScottH_200 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Homemade chicken soft tacos on corn tortillas are one of my favs. Heat the tortillas on an iron skillet, add a modest amount of skinless cooked chicken breast, add shredded lettuce and tomato, a little cheese, light sour cream and my favorite Marketside "Hot" salsa from Wally mart.
  • atamrowski
    atamrowski Posts: 417 Member
    Options
    I can eat anything on my Simple Start (SS) menu and any Power Food, as much as I want as often as I want.

Plain fat free yogurt, Splenda, mixed with fruit and Cheerios
    Lean burgers on light english muffins or sandwhich thins
    Sweet potatoe or potatoe fries
    Veggie soup
    Grilled cheese and tomato
    Popcorn
    shrimp, fish, tuna
    eggs
    Steak and baked potatoes
    Oatmeal

Just to name a few..
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches with my sandwich maker... The best 30 bucks I ever spent.

Breakfast-Sandwich-Maker-by-Hamilton-Beach.jpg

Yum! What do you put on them?

I want one!!!!!
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    I CAN, AND DO, EAT EVERYTHING... and still lost weight!
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    @Scott and steph and atay- Turkey and Chicken tacos are the best! and ya GOTTA have hot salsa! Agreed! I think anything wtih some spice to it definitely makes the list!

@atamrowski love making sweet potato fries! And I like your grilled cheese with tomato idea... i may change my lunch plan =)
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My wife makes the Curves Cozy Comfort Chili... SUPER easy and only 400 calories and believe me... 2 cups of this for dinner is PLENTY!!

Minutes to Prepare: 10
    Minutes to Cook: 15
    Number of Servings: 4 - 2 Cup Servings

Ingredients

1 can fire roasted diced tomato
    1 cup fresh broccoli cut up
    1 large stalk celery sliced
    1/2 cup diced green pepper
    1 large stalk scallions or diced onion
    1 can black beans
    1 can pinto beans
    1 can kidney beans
    1/2 tsp cayenne or to taste
    1 tbsp chili powder or to taste
    1 tbsp garlic minced
    3 oz lean ground turkey
    (We add salsa too to make it chunkier)

Directions
    Saute your favorite vegetables (such as garlic, onion, celery, bell pepper ) and spices in 1 tsp oil (not needed if you use non stick). Add 3oz 95% lean ground turkey and cook through. Stir in the diced tomatoes and juice and the beans. Stir together and cook until bubbly. Top with 1 oz shredded low fat cheddar cheese.
  • jenni_d1990
    jenni_d1990 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been eating 2 or 3 apples a day. My favorite kind is Gala, Honey Crisp. I keep them in the fridge and I think I like them more than junk food now. I find it helpful to eat an apple before meals so I don't overeat and it's actually been working. I also found this, thought it was interesting. http://voices.yahoo.com/are-apples-good-weight-loss-might-surprised-1345661.html?cat=51
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    Oven fried foods. Basic recipe for coating is 1 egg (with optional tsp of hot sauce mixed in), 1 cup of some type of breading (bread crumbs, Panko bread crumbs, crushed corn flakes, corn meal, or a mix of any of those), and spices to the style or your liking (salt, pepper, oregano, Cajun seasoning, old bay, etc.). Dip the item being fried into the egg wash then coat with the breading. Put 3 tbsp. of oil into a glass baking dish, then arrange the coated items and bake at 375 until done.

The dishes generally come out to about 300 calories per serving or so, taking into account the fact that there is leftover egg, breading, and oil. There is generally about 1/2 of the oil left free in the baking dish when the food is cooked, although some coatings absorb more oil than others (I'm looking at you, Panko bread crumbs...). Also, generally, there is about 1/2 the egg mixture left, and between 1/4 and 1/2 the breading after the item is coated.

Some things I have done:

Catfish (corn meal with creole seasoning)
    Chicken tenders (1/2 cup corn flakes and 1/2 cup bread crumbs with a mix of herbs and spices like oregano, thyme, celery seed, dill weed)
    Chicken breast (either plain with salt and pepper, or with an Italian style spicing of oregano, basil, thyme, garlic powder)
    Cod fillets (Panko bread crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano)

Edit for a little clarity
  • lngrunert
    lngrunert Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I make breakfast sandwiches with my sandwich maker... The best 30 bucks I ever spent.

Breakfast-Sandwich-Maker-by-Hamilton-Beach.jpg

We have one of these! I put in exactly what's shown (english muffin, i slice of ham, one slice of cheese and an egg), and according to MFP's recipe builder it was 268 calories.
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    That chili sounds great! And I love apples but they just jumped in price at the store =( I usually eat one per day

Oven fried! I have tried to do variations of this myself. I have not used oil, but I may need to try it at least once and see if it makes a world of difference. I use panko and have used egg as a sticking agent as well as light mayo once and spicy mustard once. I think I liked the mustard the best! I never thought to put hot sauce in though- definitely going to try it!
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    @chezjuan- do you like panko or cornflakes better? Or a mix of both? I have not tried cornflakes as a breading yet...
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I've been eating this all week. My husband and I both loved. Winter comfort food that's still healthy! (And conveniently in the database, with and without noodles--if, like me, you find yourself out of noodles on a cold, snowy night and deciding rice might be a good alternative.)

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/beef-daube-provenal-10000001654630/
  • losingwhatican
    losingwhatican Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Spicy chicken and spelt salad! I think I could eat that for every meal and be perfectly happy. It's the first recipe that pops up when you Google it, and it's really easy.

Lemony lentil salad with salmon is also really good and easy. Best part is both of the recipes are already in MFP's database.

Oh, I forgot to add my breakfast. 6 oz nonfat greek yogurt, half cup dry oats, a sprinkle of walnuts, handful of berries, and a drizzle of maple syrup. Comes to 430 calories (17 g protein) and keeps me full for a long time, so I don't snack a lot in the afternoon.
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    Just printed all three recipes =)
  • determined_erin
    determined_erin Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, toast, eggs, sandwiches, crab meat, chicken, soup, certain kinds of pasta, yogurt
  • LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    Options
    I have a few meals and snacks I use as my go-to but could use some new ideas!
    Some of my favorites are:
    baked salmon with couscous and sauteed peppers/onion
    pasta with red sauce and 1/2c low fat cottage cheese
    Scrambled egg on a corn tortilla with salsa and avocado
    Cajun jambalaya (add a jalapeno!)
    Salsa chicken

What do you love? What should I add to my list? =)

what do you love? Ice cream

to answer your question which if i'm understanding correctly you're looking for new recipes/foods to try; last night i made stuffed bell peppers. they were stuffed with my version of ham fried rice: brown rice, diced ham, diced carrots, onion, edamame, jalapeno pepper (diced no seeds), soy sauce, 2 eggs and water chestnuts (i think that was everything i put into it) oh and extra virgin olive oil (used this to cook the veggies)

the night before that i made ground beef with gravy, mashed potatoes and frozen carrots/green beans/wax beans. i used 93% lean hamburger, low sodium beef broth, dijon mustard, corn starch (as a sauce thickener) and extra virgin olive oil or cooking. mashed potatoes had light sour cream in it instead of butter and a tiny splash of milk (to thin it out a bit) and the veggies had onion and garlic powder on them.
  • christinemadden0223
    Options
    Both sound delicious! I am a sucker for anything with mashed potatoes =) or any potatoes