What could you eat everyday and still lose weight?

Options
1235»

Replies

• avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Lentil stew loaded with veggies. I looooove it, it's low-cal for huge portions, great macros, and super satiating. Easy to make, too: simmer your lentils in stock or water until tender; throw in chopped veggies of choice at about the halfway mark (I like lots of onion, carrot coins, and stewed tomatoes); finish with a tablespoon of tomato paste or ssamjang stirred into the broth. Season however you like. Sometimes I add chopped leftover poultry or thin slivers of raw salmon as I'm serving (the salmon will cook from the heat in your bowl).
  • Dugleik
    Dugleik Posts: 125
    Options
    I eat bread everyday, and I think I would go insane if I couldn't have it. For days I work I eat bread with avocado, egg and ham or if I'm feeling fancy I'll make french toast with spices I like in the egg batter then topped with onion, ham, cheese and whatever I feel like and is in my fridge.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Anything! I have no restrictions. I just hit my macros.

and add pop tart ice cream sandwiches. Sooo worth it.

THIS
  • peaceenharmonyy
    Options
    Skinny Taste - Crockpot Chicken Enchilada Soup , i have it for lunch and sometimes for dinner when im lazy :blushing:

Servings: 6 • Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups + cheese • Old Points: 5 pts • Points+: 7 pts
    Calories: 260.9 • Fat: 6.6 g • Protein: 25.4 g • Carb: 29.9 g • Fiber: 6.7 g • Sugar: 4.1 g
    Sodium: 572 mg (without salt)

Ingredients:

2 tsp olive oil
    1/2 cup onion, chopped
    3 cloves garlic, minced
    3 cups low sodium fat-free chicken broth
    8 oz can tomato sauce
    1-2 tsp chipotle chili in adobo sauce (or more to taste)
    1/4 cup chopped cilantro (plus more for garnish)
    15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
    14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes
    2 cups frozen corn
    1 tsp cumin
    1/2 tsp dried oregano
    2 8 oz skinless chicken breasts (16 oz total)
    1/4 cup chopped scallions, for topping
    3/4 cup shredded reduced fat cheddar cheese
    fat free sour cream (optional)

Directions:

Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and sauté until soft, 3-4 minutes. Slowly add the chicken broth, tomato sauce and chipotle adobo sauce and bring to a boil. Add cilantro and remove from heat. Pour into crock pot.

To the crockpot, add drained beans, diced tomatoes, corn, cumin, oregano and stir. Add the chicken breasts; cover and cook on low heat for 4-6 hours.

Remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back into the soup, adjust salt and cumin to taste. Serve in bowls and top with fat free sour cream, cheese, scallions and cilantro. You can also top with avocado or crushed tortilla chips. Enjoy!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Pizza.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I bet you really wish you would have named your post something else to avoid all of these answers that have nothing to do with your question.

You can't say anything that slightly indicates restriction or some people go crazy without even reading things in context re: "just eat at a deficit!"

Me: Salads with spinach or baby lettuces, lots of different kinds of vegetables, topped with chicken, salmon, or tuna, even steak....

I also find making a big batch of chicken and veggie soup is economical and you can freeze it in individual servings. Stews also work well this way. Mexican chicken soup, split pea and ham, etc., etc.

Omelets are also very versatile. Use the whole eggs or use one egg and several egg whites. Add your choice of meats/veggies, cheese, and boom!
  • EHisCDN
    EHisCDN Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything and lose weight - it's all about the quantity you eat.

But something I eat all the time is teriyaki. I marinate chicken, pork, salmon, tofu or anything else in mirin, reduced sodium soy sauce and sugar and sauté it. So good!

I also eat chocolate everyday. And soup - you can out basically anything you have kicking around in the fridge in a pot with onions, garlic and stock and have a delicious and satisfying meal.
  • tawnydale
    Options
    I enjoy a nice helping of seasoned ground turkey with basil pesto...its yummy! or with broccoli mixed in with quinoa. I love bowl of brown rice with salmon with some hot sauce. :)
  • jpande1
    jpande1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My go to is Oatmeal with just splenda and a few nuts..
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Have no official name for this - but the whole family loves it. We call it "that spuds and andouille sausage thing"

Single Serving:
    ==>Skillet with zero cal cooking spray...
    ==>About 150-200 calories of diced potato
    ==>One link of Aidelles Andouille Sausage - sliced or diced (this is already cooked) (160 calories)
    ==>About 1 to 2 tablespoons diced onions (fresh or dried)
    ==>Salt and Pepper to suit

Brown the potatoes and onions - when near finished - added sliced/diced Andouille sausage. Saute entire mixture for about 5 minutes.

310 to 360 calories - a bit spicy, very filling, and tasty.

Yum
  • Fentyman
    Fentyman Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Huge noob here! What the heck is macros!?

Edit: nevermind... google is my friend
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    and Skinnytaste.com Crock Pot Sante Fe Chicken

http://www.skinnytaste.com/2009/02/crock-pot-santa-fe-chicken-425-pts.html

about 200 calories per cup...whole family loves this one too
  • somerisagirlsname
    somerisagirlsname Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    tortilla pizza is my go to for a pizza craving. It's just a burrito tortilla, ragu pizza sauce, pepperoni, and cheese (all measured out correctly) and it's less than 500 calories.
  • gshayne
    Options
    Hi Folks
    I'm new here! I've lost 93 pounds over the past 10 years through WW and have maintained successfully. But lately, I have found myself becoming complacent and just trusting what I eat is fine. But I've noticed my clothes starting to get a bit tight and so I'm blowing the whistle before I get out of control. Joining here is kickstarting my accountability by logging what I eat.
    I didn't count calories to loose my weight (I did the points thing) Calorie counting can drive me a bit mad sometimes.

Here's my concern with this app. I eat a TON of veggies as well as getting proper protein etc. But many of the veggies I eat contain carbs. For instance, I love winter squash, roasted, nothing on it. I can eat a whole one for dinner with a yummy egg white omlette.
    But eating veggies with carbs means I go into the "red" on the carb totals with this app. If it were from chocolate and chips that would be one thing.

So tell me, can I just CHILL on this whole carb thing or do I really need to go for all the celery and leafy veggies I can find? That would make me nuts. Carbs are such a taboo word these days. So tell me, what do you think? Have you been able to loose and maintain while still not being terrified of carbs? Thanks. Its good to be here
  • christinemadden0223
    christinemadden0223 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I bet you really wish you would have named your post something else to avoid all of these answers that have nothing to do with your question.

You can't say anything that slightly indicates restriction or some people go crazy without even reading things in context re: "just eat at a deficit!"

Me: Salads with spinach or baby lettuces, lots of different kinds of vegetables, topped with chicken, salmon, or tuna, even steak....

I also find making a big batch of chicken and veggie soup is economical and you can freeze it in individual servings. Stews also work well this way. Mexican chicken soup, split pea and ham, etc., etc.

Omelets are also very versatile. Use the whole eggs or use one egg and several egg whites. Add your choice of meats/veggies, cheese, and boom!

Lol I know right?? I was like "do you prefer yourt defecit baked or fried?" huh?
  • christinemadden0223
    christinemadden0223 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I enjoy a nice helping of seasoned ground turkey with basil pesto...its yummy! or with broccoli mixed in with quinoa. I love bowl of brown rice with salmon with some hot sauce. :)
    Never heard of turkey w basil pesto but it sounds like a crazy new taste i need to try!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    Hi Folks
    I'm new here! I've lost 93 pounds over the past 10 years through WW and have maintained successfully. But lately, I have found myself becoming complacent and just trusting what I eat is fine. But I've noticed my clothes starting to get a bit tight and so I'm blowing the whistle before I get out of control. Joining here is kickstarting my accountability by logging what I eat.
    I didn't count calories to loose my weight (I did the points thing) Calorie counting can drive me a bit mad sometimes.

Here's my concern with this app. I eat a TON of veggies as well as getting proper protein etc. But many of the veggies I eat contain carbs. For instance, I love winter squash, roasted, nothing on it. I can eat a whole one for dinner with a yummy egg white omlette.
    But eating veggies with carbs means I go into the "red" on the carb totals with this app. If it were from chocolate and chips that would be one thing.

So tell me, can I just CHILL on this whole carb thing or do I really need to go for all the celery and leafy veggies I can find? That would make me nuts. Carbs are such a taboo word these days. So tell me, what do you think? Have you been able to loose and maintain while still not being terrified of carbs? Thanks. Its good to be here
    It's often best to start a new topic and post your question there. But to answer, I would not worry about going over in carbs as long as you are getting sufficient protein and healthy fats and fiber and staying within your calorie goals. Here's a good thread to get you started and start a new topic if you need more help. :flowerforyou:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1080242-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants
  • PeaceHappinessBalance
    Options
    it seems like people are misreading the question, she is looking for ideas and didn't even mention anything about a deficit or what she doesn't eat?

I like a sweet potato hash with green peppers onions and tomato, uncured bacon, and one egg and one white scrambled.

I add a tiny bit of old bay, pepper, and a bit of brown sugar to my hash, it is really good!~and I use olive oil to fry it probably a tablespoon for the whole thing.
    I second a tortilla pizza, but I make mine with turkey pepperoni. I don't know if it is healthier with turkey pepperoni or not but it tastes the exact same.
  • cevalid
    cevalid Posts: 59
    Options
    I make a weeny pizza with a small base, and have found it a really good way to get pizza in without going calorie crazy.

I use these small thin bases from the freezer section in Coles (12 per pack) that are about 170 calories each. I then add:

- 15g Leggos pizza sauce with Garlic, Onion and Herbs
    - 10g sliced up kalamata olives
    - 5 spinach leaves
    - 10g fresh tomato, chopped up into little cubes
    - sprinkle of shredded carrot
    - 2/10g small feta cubes, cut into 8 small cubes
    - 15g slices of cabonossi
    - 20g shredded cheese

I meticulously measure how much of everything I use for an accurate calorie log, except for the spinach leaves and shredded carrot.

It tastes so much better than most cheap fast food pizzas.