40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Options

Replies

• ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone! I just got done with my 40 minutes of cardio before heading to work
    YEAH. I actually pulled myself out of bed & did it. I hope you all have great day & get a chance to workout ????
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Welcome to more new people!!!

Yeah! Thursday! One more day to the weekend. This week has been killer for me. I haven't worked a full five day week since the second week in December! I woke up with a head ache this morning so I decided to lay back down for a bit and didn't work out. Doing better now. We'll see what the rest of the day brings! Maybe I can sneak in a brisk walk at lunch time or something.

Have a good day all!
  • WhataBroad
    WhataBroad Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    Happy day before the day that starts the weekend!!

sdereski - Carnival is on my 'before 50' list as well. Anyone I have ever spoke to who went, makes it a must to get back again and again. Montreal is such a beautiful city as well I am told. Can't wait to see it with my own eyes one day.

runny - welcome and congrats at your success! 50lbs GONE!

ruby - WTG for getting up this morning and getting it done. Personally, morning workouts just fuel my day. Days I don't get up and do something, like today, just don't feel to have the same energy level. I don't know if it's because I had the extra hour sleep or what.

KellySue - it is hard to get back to a full work week after holidays, lol

I got in an awesome run after work last night and DOMS started setting in around 8:30 last night, lol. I knew I was going to feel yesterday morning's lifting session! Had a tea and then was catching my Zzz's by 10, no middle of the night wake ups either, sighh was an awesome sleep. It is a rest day for me AND I am making cannelloni for dinner tonight so I plan on keeping my cals low for the day and pack them into dinner!

Have an awesome day!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Personally, morning workouts just fuel my day. Days I don't get up and do something, like today, just don't feel to have the same energy level. I don't know if it's because I had the extra hour sleep or what.

Whatabroad- This is me totally! I definitely feel more tired today!! I kick myself when I feel like this because I should have just "sucked it up" and got out of bed! Hind sight is always 20/20!
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I quite like exercise for keeping my energy up, too. However, I am not exercising today....poop!
  • Missou
    Missou Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My heart is not nice today, I got chest pains too early in my training. I had to walk more slowly and without any inclinations :ohwell:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    bumpity bump so I can come back later...my goodness, I've missed so much in just a day!!!!
  • astronut96
    astronut96 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All! Worked out- did arms, shoulders and abs today. Also did some time on the elliptical- makes it sound like a prison sentence!! I do enjoy it though!

Weighed in after for our "Biggest Loser" challenge for work. 189 on the dot! It's a .6lb loss from last Friday. I know that it will sound like a lot to some of you, but from where I started it is a big accomplishment! This time last year I was at 259lbs and was at 269lbs in Sept of 2012. That is a total of 80lbs! It hasn't always been an easy road, but the pay offs have been immense! I have been able to get off from several medications and have dropped my A1c from 11.2 down to 6.1. I have more energy and I feel really good- most of the time! I have dropped from a size 22-24 down to a 14 and from 3x shirts down to large or x-large. I am excited to see what this year will bring and where I will end up when the challenge ends at the end of March!

Have a great day! :flowerforyou:

Wow that's awesome! Congratulations on your much improved health & well-being.
  • astronut96
    astronut96 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Alf- Thanks for the welcome I am really excited to be part of this group. I love all the support & cool people.
    astronut- I am also trying to get up and do early morning workouts so I know what you are going through. I have never been a morning workout person but have found this is MY only time nothing else can get in the way. It will get easier!
    it is freezing here in Wisconsin so this has been a challenging week to stay motivated.
    good night to all.

Ruby - Thanks for the encouragement! I've managed to get up & work out every morning this week. And found that I had so much more energy by the time I got to work. I'm working from home tomorrow so I can sleep in a little. :bigsmile:

Everyone have an awesome Friday!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    In. 44yrs old. :happy:
  • ilgirl733
    ilgirl733 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi all, 40 yo here, lost about 9 lbs so far ( sad I know) but I've been working out like a mad woman and looking forward to some support from my fellow 40 year olders , big hair will always be cool !
  • ajcmoran2005
    ajcmoran2005 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I just turned 40 yesterday so I wanted to stop by and say hello!
  • alf1163
    Options
    I just turned 40 yesterday so I wanted to stop by and say hello!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drinker: :drinker: AND WELCOME TO THE 40'S!!! :flowerforyou: Well I am 50 but I am hanging around here since it is the 40+ club. :laugh:
  • AKcanookie
    AKcanookie Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    one year to go before the 25th anniversary of my 25th birthday
    (it just sounds nicer that way LOL!)
    trying to lose 50 lbs by my 50th birthday - one year to go :-)
    starting to exercise again - really need to get in shape - currently using an inversion table, weighted hula, and pilates (not all at the same time though, i'm blonde and could hurt myself).
  • alf1163
    Options
    In. 44yrs old. :happy:

Christianwife, 102lbs lost, that is impressive!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!! :drinker: :drinker: Can you share how you accomplished that?

ilgirl733, welcome!!! and congrats on your weightloss!! :drinker:

Astronut, WTG on working out each day this week!!!! Keep up the good work!:drinker:

I did an early quick workout. I might need to skip my Bikram class today. :cry: I am hoping I get one in this weekend. I am going to go with my daughter to a med apt with my granddaughter. She asked me to go with her and I felt bad saying no so I could go to yoga. Any vegans in the group? Can you direct me to some awesome vegan recipes with high protein? My husband and I have decided to cut back on eating meat, we are actually wanting to eat more organic meats. Since that can be very expensive reducing the amount we eat and increasing veggie consumption will be easier for our budget. Ideas? Thoughts? Last night I sautéed some beet leaves with mushrooms and red onions. Also prepared some garbanzos with garlic and olive oil. Mixed it together and it was so delicious and satisfying!!! :love:

Have an awesome day!!!! :drinker:
  • alf1163
    Options
    one year to go before the 25th anniversary of my 25th birthday
    (it just sounds nicer that way LOL!)
    trying to lose 50 lbs by my 50th birthday - one year to go :-)
    starting to exercise again - really need to get in shape - currently using an inversion table, weighted hula, and pilates (not all at the same time though, i'm blonde and could hurt myself).

Hello Canookie, I love your sense of humor!!!! :laugh: Your goal can be attainable in a year but you have to be consistent!!! And watch your eating!!!! At our age it is not so much how we exercise but the foods we eat and the amount!!! :noway: :grumble: Good luck to you!
  • sue_stef
    sue_stef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    HI everyone!
    I belong here Im 29 with 13 years experience
    I walked 20,000 steps yesterday (I'm going to crow about that for a while)
    and Big hair never went out of style
  • runny111
    runny111 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    <slow brain day for me, it took me a while to workout the 29+13 years experience. LOL.

I am a morning workout person too. I do that on the weekends and used to get even a mini workout in during the week. Now that we are ditching our second car and I am taking public transit, I can't get to my gym super early, buses don't run early enough. I need to get going at 5am next week and workout from 5-6am at home, then head to work.

You guys are right. If I get a workout in, I have energy and eat well. The longer I wait for the workout, the lazier I get.

Sdereski, I am from Toronto, and it was practically balmy yesterday at 0C. I am a half runner too, I have done 8 of them over the last 12 years, but my first half this year wont be until October. Unless I do a noncompetitive one (like a training run) in May.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    Today I lift!

And, today I weigh in....
  • ruby70
    ruby70 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Good Morning from Wisconsin, it is around 20 degrees this morning here after a brutal cold spell of minus 0 highes this whole week. It feels like a heat wave, cloudy but we will take the warmer air. My car was much happier this morning also!!! I picked a word for my New Year to focus on rather than a New Years Goal and each day I try to focus on making that word part of my life. My work is "Early". I am pushing myself to get up and do the early morning workouts, and be earlier on deadlines and committments in general. Your word can be whatever inspires you to be better this year!:drinker:

Kelly Sue -Good Job on pushing through the long week. I had the same feeling. I was spoiled over the holidays and had not worked a full week for quite a few weeks either. Thanks for the encouragement on the morning work outs, that helps to know it make the whole day better. I have been feeling really engergized this week getting up and getting it done.

Ugirl - don't give up, 8 lbs is still going in the right direction. Are you taking your measurements, I am wondering it you are losing inches and the scale is not moving as much. I am not sure how much muscle you are building but remember muscle weighs more than fat. It will come off it just keep trying.

Astronut - awesome job on getting up every morning this week and getting your morning workout done. Props to you. You seem like once you set your mind to something you are going to do it. I love it! You will have success.

Alf - Good job on the early morning workout today. I hope you can still fit your Bikram class in. I like the Vegan idea to cut down on meat. I have not eaten many vegan meals but I have heard some of the recipes are amazing and you do not even miss the meat. I hope your med appt goes good with your daughter!:smile: