3500 calroies burned challenge

Options
I decided I was going to shoot for 3500 calories (1 lb) burned this up coming week (11/15 - 11/21). I used to set this goal for myself all the time but since my weight fell below 180 it seems almost impossible for me to get to. So this next week I am issuing a challenge to anyone else that would like to join me in trying to burn 3500 calories in 7 days. Maybe we can keep it going week to week. Just post your calories burned for the day and total for the week.

Replies

• MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options
    darn it the moment I hit enter I notice I spelled calories incorrectly in the topic title. Sorry all spell checkers out there.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    Count me in. I just checked my exercise log for the last 3 weeks and I exceeded that total every week so it should be very doable for me this week. Now the next week,,,,:laugh:
  • vickiele1
    vickiele1 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Count me in too. That's a little higher than I do some days (depending on the type of exercise), but I'm in for it - I'll push myself this week - it will be good for me and will certainly help me reach my Thanksgiving goal.

Vickie
  • TaraMaria
    TaraMaria Posts: 1,975
    Options
    I'm in!!! This is awesome!!!! I burned 3050 this past week so I am pretty close to meeting this goal and technically I still have today to get up there to 3500...Hmmmm....LOL!

For sure I'm on for this week! I'm pumped!
  • eglass64
    eglass64 Posts: 180
    Options
    Im less than 180 cals away..I will go for a walk.
  • tarapin
    tarapin Posts: 169
    Options
    Sounds good to me! Gotta check what I've been doing but I'd like to have a big burn before turkey day :) Thanks for the incentive!
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I am also in with this challenge. As long as I do what I am suppose to do, and not what I want to do, I will make this challenge a reality.
  • tammietifanie
    tammietifanie Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Count me IN!!!!!! I need to push myself to work out more and harder! Do we Post our Calories in on Sundays????
  • sundinsgurl
    sundinsgurl Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    I just checked back on the past few weeks and I burned anywhere from 1600-2100. So 3500 is a lot more than I normally do - so it will definetely be a challenge! However, this is a challenge I'm up for!!

3500 split between 7 days - is 500 calories a day!

Is it ok for me to start it tomorrow and calculate from Monday-Sunday as my week?
  • Christie23
    Christie23 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I would love to do it. I was at 3100 this week, so I think I could step it up a little more and make it happen!!! :bigsmile:
  • RachM
    RachM Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Definately in! I need to get back on the wagon this week!
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    Is it ok for me to start it tomorrow and calculate from Monday-Sunday as my week?

I was planning on the challenge starting tomorrow 11/15 -11/21 so thats perfect.

Just to keep motivated and on track you can either post your calories every day and the total so far for the week or if you just want to post on total next sunday that is fine also. It is a very loose challenge.
  • catgee
    catgee Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Count me in! My first challenge, so exciting!
  • fthoodbaby
    fthoodbaby Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too! I am 20 lbs away from my goal and getting the scales to go down is getting harder the closer I get to goal.

OH, and a question, how do I find posts that I have replied to?
  • MissingMinnesota
    Options
    fthoodbaby the post would be listed under my topics.
  • maurodim
    Options
    count me me I will start with my calories tomorrow and will post Monday to Sunday......3500 is double what I usually do but will try to get as close to 3500 as I can....... I will imagine Jillian is on my shoulder yelling at me !!!!!!!!!
  • Sporty98
    Sporty98 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Sounds good to me, too! I'm in! (I burned more than this during this past week, too!) Hopefully, it will help jumpstart some weight loss! Thanks for the challenge!
  • selbyhutch
    selbyhutch Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'll give it a go! I'm starting Couch to 5k tomorrow, walking at night as well and also doing Wii EA Sports Challenge... I should be able to hit it. If not... there's always the weekend to make up the left-over!!
  • RHOyalT
    RHOyalT Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I accept this challenge. This will be tough for me because I'm just getting back into exercising. I'm gonna give it my best!
  • Jess814
    Options
    I'm in. :) I gained a pound since my last weigh in & I'm really trying to kick butt this week because I just feel so terrible about myself! So, this will just keep me motivated. :)