Parasites controling your cravings. How true?

Options

Replies

• UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    System of down summed it up....

My tape worm tells me where to go
    My tape worm tells me what to do
    Pull the tape worm outta your @$$

tumblr_m2wp7jsQwa1rnu2qwo1_500.gif

Rock on!

\mm/

SERJ!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I think there is a wolf in my body.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    in…for the parasites
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    I have a snake in my pants, does that count?
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Here is what happens when you take that parasite to lose weight.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TbDTvxyWB9c

From World War Z
    Max Brook's theory on human zombies is that it is a parasite that takes control of its host, which is not that far removed from actual biology in the parasite that takes control of the ants.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ophiocordyceps_unilateralis

Zombies! and blame it on Obama!
    http://dcclothesline.com/2013/11/06/obama-backed-syrian-rebel-zombies-eating-human-brains/

Don't do it or what you will be starving for is this:

114107916@N08[IMG][/img]
  • tfleischer
    tfleischer Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Well, crap, I don't know how to put a photo in a post.... oh well....
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options

The IMG tags have to be in lower case.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    What?!

I've had 2 parasites in my body controlling cravings... but I gave birth to them after about 40 weeks...

Ha!
  • JodieP13
    JodieP13 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    My parasite wants chocolate ice cream.
  • Camwill03
    Camwill03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    lololol
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options

[img(close bracket) YOUR IMAGE URL HERE [/img(close bracket)
  • callie006
    callie006 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a snake in my pants, does that count?

That species has been known to influence brain function, so sure.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    here's what they look like magnified.

26ec05a2634042a2bb2515dca2a04fc0bbb8d8a0_m_zpsbaa3e0db.gif

These are the a-holes making me hungry.
  • GillBorg62
    GillBorg62 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love it!! :)
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Lol! I saw a video that said candida is a parasite that makes you crave sugar.

Candida was the first name of my ex's divorce lawyer so there's some truth to that.
  • Stripeness
    Stripeness Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    What?!

I've had 2 parasites in my body controlling cravings... but I gave birth to them after about 40 weeks...

EXACTLY! (although mine hung around for another 18 years or so. Persistent buggers.) And yeah, you sure do notice if you have them.
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    I have seen some videos about parasites in your body that could be small or big, but controlling your cravings and mind completely. How true is that? Is there a way to kill them? or even finding out if you have them? I'll appreciate any input.

When I read this I thought of the alien carrots from outer space from Lexx.

Mind controlling parasites? No.

"normal" parasites - yes. If you have pets they should be wormed and so should you. You should be able to buy the medicine over the counter at the pharmacy - no need for a doctor.

For gut flora just eat yoghurt and it will be happy - gut flora is a good thing and you need it.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    I have seen some videos about parasites in your body that could be small or big, but controlling your cravings and mind completely. How true is that? Is there a way to kill them? or even finding out if you have them? I'll appreciate any input.

"normal" parasites - yes. If you have pets they should be wormed and so should you. You should be able to buy the medicine over the counter at the pharmacy - no need for a doctor.

For gut flora just eat yoghurt and it will be happy - gut flora is a good thing and you need it.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with the worming for either species as a preventative. Worms are easily detected and cheaply treated but it's not benign.
  • mungowungo
    mungowungo Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,

I'm going to respectfully disagree with the worming for either species as a preventative. Worms are easily detected and cheaply treated but it's not benign.

I don't think I said that worms were benign - in fact they are far from it - they can seriously effect the health of all animals including people.

Gut flora on the other hand live in intestines and are beneficial organisms that aid in digestion.
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    What?!

:laugh:

I'll be perfectly honest. I thought that's what this thread was going to be about.