Evil Subway - Read this if you eat at there!

Options

Replies

• jenovaprojekt00
    jenovaprojekt00 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Generally, if an article starts with the phrase, "Being a vegan..." you can dismiss the writer as an idiot.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    Only read OP. I fail to see the problem or issue. :huh:
  • abetterluke
    abetterluke Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    Apparently the site from the article wants to hang me. Go figure.

Also...if you didn't realize that subway wasn't the absolute model of nutrition then you probably should spend less time reading ridiculous sites like that and more time doing actual research.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Generally, if an article starts with the phrase, "Being a vegan..." you can dismiss the writer as an idiot.

Strong fourth post.
  • jv0898
    jv0898 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Where would one recommend to find a quick lunch, for a healthy option that is?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Where would one recommend to find a quick lunch, for a healthy option that is?

Literally anywhere that has food you like. Just eat something that fits into your daily nutrition goals.
  • jv0898
    jv0898 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    So do you ask restaurants for a nutritional menu for everything they serve?
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options

Typically I check the website for nutritional info and plan the meal before I show up.
  • nippoleon
    nippoleon Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Most fast food places and even a lot of chain slow-food places have them now, so why not? Nothing shameful in being healthy.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options

Typically I check the website for nutritional info and plan the meal before I show up.

Clearly you are some kind of wizard.

I do the same, though. And depending on the laws where you live and the restaurant, they usually have a brochure on hand they can offer you with their nutrition information.
  • Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Have yet to die from a Subway....

Anyone wanna bring me a sammich? Extra pepperchinis!
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Witchcraft
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Well duh. That describes most restaurants and most of the food at the grocery store for that matter.
  • dougt333
    dougt333 Posts: 697
    Options
    intersting stuff.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i eat there every day and i'm fit, alive and healthy
  • Mav3rick54
    Mav3rick54 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I was to lazy to start a new topic.... So thought this would be a good place to put this

5kjdbs.jpg
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

I spend a couple minutes on their website before I go. If it's a spur of a moment thing I'll look it up on my phone before I go in. And for the couple local places we go to I have asked the server and they gave me the info I wanted. You don't have to ask them for the nutritional info on everything they serve, just the food you're interested in :wink:

It's really not that big of a deal :smile:
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    The smell when I walk past the shop makes me want to yack.

It's no different than any other chain fast food place though.
  • donnymom
    donnymom Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    LoL! We can't eat anything!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    Subway is one of the few places I trust to eat when I travel that I can just get a lean protein and some veggies. If my family wants to grab something at subway, I don't sweat it. Keeping food readily available for people on the go and showing people healthier alternatives is something I am thankful that Subway has and continues to work on.

I get that it is not 100% Organic and all kinds of ultra healthy options. But knowing I can feed with my family or a roomful of hungry accountants at work at an affordable price with reasonable assurance of the nutritional value and calorie count, all I can say is, thank you Subway.