Parasites controling your cravings. How true?

Options

Replies

• j3bean
    j3bean Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Not sure about cravings, but T. gondii is a parasite aquired from cat feces that is known to change behavior in mice- not sure what it does to humans...

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/cat-poop-parasite-controls-minds-early-permanently-study-finds-4B11194722
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    The parasites name is Dr. Oz and they are trying to figure out why stay at home middle aged women are so susseptable to catching him. Research so fat points to a condition called "ain't got nothing better to do between my soap stories."
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Oh no, mind controlling parasites invading the earth? !!!!!!!!!!!!

85022597_n1.jpg
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Hi Guys,
    I have seen some videos about parasites in your body that could be small or big, but controlling your cravings and mind completely. How true is that? Is there a way to kill them? or even finding out if you have them? I'll appreciate any input.

When I read this I thought of the alien carrots from outer space from Lexx.

Mind controlling parasites? No.

"normal" parasites - yes. If you have pets they should be wormed and so should you. You should be able to buy the medicine over the counter at the pharmacy - no need for a doctor.

For gut flora just eat yoghurt and it will be happy - gut flora is a good thing and you need it.

I'm going to respectfully disagree with the worming for either species as a preventative. Worms are easily detected and cheaply treated but it's not benign.

I don't think I said that worms were benign - in fact they are far from it - they can seriously effect the health of all animals including people.

Gut flora on the other hand live in intestines and are beneficial organisms that aid in digestion.

What I meant is the worming meds are not benign and without stress to the body. They aren't meant to be used as a preventative in humans or pets
  • Nightdust
    Nightdust Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Wow this is still going on? I saw this before I went to work and now it's almost bed time lol. Y'all are crazy. :)
  • pinkiemarie252
    pinkiemarie252 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Ok. I'm not sure what this has to do with gaining weight, but true story. There's a parasite called something like toxoplasma gondii that lives in cats and then infects mice and makes the mice lose their fear of cats. When people are infected it...does something to us...and might be responsible for crazy cat lady syndrome. So, the moral of the story is that maybe?
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    So odd.
  • newlife888
    newlife888 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow people are really judgemental on this site. I've had two Russian doctors tell me we all have parasites. Russian doctors, in my experience having lived both there and here are way more educated and qualified. They are also not in it for the money, or at least not back when I lived there in the USSR days. I've never ever had an American doctor ask me about parasites, because they are not trained on it, which does not mean that we as Americans should never talk about it. I know that some parasites are common and can cause serious illnesses long-term. There are natural herbal remedies out there and medications to cure them... Definitely go to a doctor who is trained in this if you suspect you have them... it's not the sort of thing I would try to self-diagnose...
  • newlife888
    newlife888 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    p.s. Am I the only one who thinks the my fetus is a parasite joke is creepy? If you think your kid is parasite please don't spawn any more into the world. We're almost at 10 billion. Thanks in advance.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    p.s. Am I the only one who thinks the my fetus is a parasite joke is creepy? If you think your kid is parasite please don't spawn any more into the world. We're almost at 10 billion. Thanks in advance.

well dont you just fit right in on this judgmental site?
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    NONSENSE.
  • Natmarie73
    Natmarie73 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    tapeworm1.jpg

Where can I get me some of this?
  • VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Most people have parasites, although I am not sure how much they control your cravings.

Our vet said that anybody who has walked barefoot on soil that a dog has regularly pooped on in the past 24 years will have some form of roundworms in their body, and my 84-year old friend who is a retired doctor from the Salem and Portland, Oregon area, said that approximately 14% of the appendices he removed from people's bodies in Oregon were infested with pinworms.

Anyone eating sushi has a chance of tapeworms, though trichina infestation is rare these days, as most people don't eat raw pork.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    Most people have parasites, although I am not sure how much they control your cravings.

Our vet said that anybody who has walked barefoot on soil that a dog has regularly pooped on in the past 24 years will have some form of roundworms in their body, and my 84-year old friend who is a retired doctor from the Salem and Portland, Oregon area, said that approximately 14% of the appendices he removed from people's bodies in Oregon were infested with pinworms.

Anyone eating sushi has a chance of tapeworms, though trichina infestation is rare these days, as most people don't eat raw pork.

Raw pork is regularly eating in many countries.
    It's called Mett in Germany.
  • Fuzzipeg
    Fuzzipeg Posts: 2,298 Member
    Options
    is it parasites or just yeast growing on ill digested sugars, fructose, .......................................
  • NewTnme
    NewTnme Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    What?!

I've had 2 parasites in my body controlling cravings... but I gave birth to them after about 40 weeks...

I Luv this!!!!! soooo true:laugh:
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options

Your vet is grossly mistaken regarding both people and dogs.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Options
    People do realize that parasite infestation is not asymptomatic, right?
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    People do realize that parasite infestation is not asymptomatic, right?

QFT. I'm finding it pretty bizarre how many people are operating on the strange belief that a bunch of us are walking around with parasites and somehow not aware of the fact.