Fun for thought Only...Opinions Requested!

Options

Replies

• wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Would definitely say if you feel comfortable you should approach. Can't speak for everyone but on the whole would suggest blokes like confident lasses. Also what's the worst that can happen?

Pepper spray or roofies.
  • sonomaster
    sonomaster Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Would definitely say if you feel comfortable you should approach. Can't speak for everyone but on the whole would suggest blokes like confident lasses. Also what's the worst that can happen?

Pepper spray or roofies.

:laugh:

Thank you for making milk come out my nose, cough, cough cough.
  • TheyCallMeMISTERChace
    Options
    Why wouldn't/shouldn't a woman approach a man?
    We aren't Puritans. Just say hello and tell him why you are interested in him and want to know him better.
    What's the worst thing that could happen?
    You think men will blow you off or not be flattered? You haven't been around too many men...
  • starlaca
    starlaca Posts: 779 Member
    Options
    Neither. While sitting next to him at the bar, just slip some GHB into his drink, then take him. Mission accomplished. :drinker:
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options

Pepper spray or roofies.

Lol!
  • Marcia315
    Marcia315 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A classy lady should never approach a man!! It's looks like she is desperate.

A smile while making eye contact is enough and a real man will approach the woman!!

If that's what classy is, I don't want to be classy.
  • wheird
    Options
    Neither. While sitting next to him at the bar, just slip some GHB into his drink, then take him. Mission accomplished. :drinker:

^See!!!
  • Crash7676
    Crash7676 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Sure! Strike up a conversation! You can only start there! You can't make them decide to go out with you before you start with the basics. No pressure! Just a casual easy introduction. You may decide you don't really want to go out with them after all!! haha
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Apparently not classy. :sad: :sad:
  • Topsking2010
    Topsking2010 Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Let me put this another way!! I would never raise my daughter to approach a man first!!

A real man should be confident enough to approach a woman and say Hello!!!

Any man who thinks a woman should approach him lacks confidence and should Man Up!!!
  • Elsie_Brownraisin
    Elsie_Brownraisin Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    A classy lady should never approach a man!! It's looks like she is desperate.

A smile while making eye contact is enough and a real man will approach the woman!!

That's what I've been doing wrong all this time!

I don't smile enough and have bought all these fake men with their pretend beards and junk and that on myself!
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options
    Only if she likes getting what she wants. Otherwise she'd better be willing to settle for what she gets.

Wanna meet up in come back alley later? Bring a hammer and junk.

In my case that is one and the same.
  • wheird
    Options
    Let me put this another way!! I would never raise my daughter to approach a man first!!

Any man who thinks a woman should approach him lacks confidence and should Man Up!!!

So you will raise your daughter to be at the mercy of a man's attention. Strong logic.

:laugh:
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

So a man who approaches a woman is confident and a woman who approaches a man is desperate? Wow. You must really miss 1955.
  • tumblyweed
    tumblyweed Posts: 416 Member
    Options

Pepper spray or roofies.

:huh:
  • cab010506
    cab010506 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Personally I wouldn't approach a man. I would rather the man approach me but its easy to catch someone's eye from a far and then flirt enough to make it happen ;) !!!
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options

Hi topsking2010.

I would respond to you via the private message you sent me, but doing so would make my skin crawl, so instead I will respond to this lovely post you've made.

While I understand you may be used to overcompensating for any feelings of inadequacy or insecurity, I find your ideals, to put it lightly, absolutely abhorrent. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but sometimes women may want to approach a man they find interesting and that is completely fine. I'm sure this idea terrifies you, but sometimes women are confident enough to go for what they want without depending on a man to give it to them - and also unfortunately for you, it does not mean they are "aggressive".

I am saddened that you are raising your daughter to accept misogyny and to feel as if it is acceptable for men to be aggressors. Does your mindset extend to her interactions with her teachers and, later, bosses? Should she not go for the things she wants because she, as you told me, "should expect the best because she gives the best"? Sounds like settling to me. I guess I will have to accept the "best" at my job because I only "give the best". I won't ask for anything else, because otherwise I wouldn't be considered a "classy lady" by your definition.

And, next time I see a guy I might be attracted to or find interesting, I won't try and strike up conversation with him. No, doing so would be far too aggressive and would mean that I am not fully dependent on men to give me anything I may need. And the next time I am approached by a man, I will be sure to "express interest" as that would make me a "classy lady" (your words, if you recall). Even if the guy is setting off every alarm in my creeper radar, I will be sure to be polite and make conversation with him because I am so lucky that he finds me attractive enough to come talk to me.

Oh, and, just so you know, I would and do want to date someone who's shy. There is nothing wrong with that and it is not a measure of character. I happen to be shy too and find it an endearing quality. I know, I know... women have more preferences in men other than "aggressive enough to approach". Hopefully that's not too much for you to handle.

Sincerely,

One unclassy slore

PS: By the way, next time, please don't PM me instead of addressing me in the thread. I am clearly not a "classy lady" by your definitions and won't respond graciously so I would advise you not take that extra effort.
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

Hi topsking2010.

I would respond to you via the private message you sent me, but doing so would make my skin crawl, so instead I will respond to this lovely post you've made.

While I understand you may be used to overcompensating for any feelings of inadequacy or insecurity, I find your ideals, to put it lightly, absolutely abhorrent. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but sometimes women may want to approach a man they find interesting and that is completely fine. I'm sure this idea terrifies you, but sometimes women are confident enough to go for what they want without depending on a man to give it to them - and also unfortunately for you, it does not mean they are "aggressive".

I am saddened that you are raising your daughter to accept misogyny and to feel as if it is acceptable for men to be aggressors. Does your mindset extend to her interactions with her teachers and, later, bosses? Should she not go for the things she wants because she, as you told me, "should expect the best because she gives the best"? Sounds like settling to me. I guess I will have to accept the "best" at my job because I only "give the best". I won't ask for anything else, because otherwise I wouldn't be considered a "classy lady" by your definition.

And, next time I see a guy I might be attracted to or find interesting, I won't try and strike up conversation with him. No, doing so would be far too aggressive and would mean that I am not fully dependent on men to give me anything I may need. And the next time I am approached by a man, I will be sure to "express interest" as that would make me a "classy lady" (your words, if you recall). Even if the guy is setting off every alarm in my creeper radar, I will be sure to be polite and make conversation with him because I am so lucky that he finds me attractive enough to come talk to me.

Oh, and, just so you know, I would and do want to date someone who's shy. There is nothing wrong with that and it is not a measure of character. I happen to be shy too and find it an endearing quality. I know, I know... women have more preferences in men other than "aggressive enough to approach". Hopefully that's not too much for you to handle.

Sincerely,

One unclassy slore

PS: By the way, next time, please don't PM me instead of addressing me in the thread. I am clearly not a "classy lady" by your definitions and won't respond graciously so I would advise you not take that extra effort.

I like you.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    who cares bring it on!

oooops, wrong thread
  • wheird
    Options
    Aaaaannnd BOOM!!!