A decent 2000kcal day with 40/30/30 macros from McDonalds

Options
_John_
_John_ Posts: 8,641 Member
I just came up with the idea to show you what a 40/30/30 cpf day would look like if all your food came from McDonalds.

I did it in 3 meals a day (and I actually used the app, so this will be on my diary for a bit to see what listings I actually used).

I considered nutrtition, some leeway for treats, and hitting my macros at approximately 2000 calories. This took me all of 2 minutes to do (and obviously longer to actually post) on the phone app FWIW.

Breakfast:
Egg White Delight Mcmuffin with an extra egg white and cheese
2 Chopped Walnut Packs

Lunch:
Grilled Chicken with no mayo and an extra grilled patty on the sandwich
Grilled Chicken Caesar salad with no dressing

Dinner:
Big Mac
3 side salads
Small Strawberry Banana Smoothie

14ncils.jpg

21cxxlz.jpg

Replies

• Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    No dressing on the salad!? No thank you!
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Lol, I do something similar regularly. An extra chicken patty is only 90cal and 20g of protein for arouns $2.
  • _John_
    Options
    No dressing on the salad!? No thank you!

If you wanted the dressing just rob the calories from your walnuts and use them for your dressing...(though the walnuts add some needed nutrition that don't even show up on MFP's database with their good fats).
  • _John_
    Options
    and the "trans fat" gram is from the meat in the big mac...that's technically a "natural" trans fat fwiw...
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    In before "but the sodium/sugar!"

Also this must be witchcraft! Burn the witch (and then slip me his breakfast sandwich)
  • wheird
    Options
    still not convinced that eating fast food is ok! Look at the sodium alone!

Advocating the idea that fast food places are not so bad just fosters people to think it is ok to eat there. I do believe that eating at a fast food place is ok on occasion, I myself try to keep it at 1 or 2 times per year. But advocating three daily meals at mcD's is unhealthy and sets a bad example to young people.

I eat it 2-3x per day due to travelling. I am healthier than I have ever been.
  • RunningRichelle
    RunningRichelle Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Not enough fat, too much sugar. I'd be miserable at the end of the day. But if you can do this and not be miserable, hangry, and bloated at the end of the day or between your meals, go for it.
  • Greytfish
    Greytfish Posts: 810
    Options
    With that little veggies, the micronutrients won't be very good,e specially over time.

The sodium content already would make it almost impossible to hit that moderate protein goal without more than tripling the RDA of sodium, since it's already more than double.

But, if you're morbidly obese it probably beats staying that way, assuming you're not doing stenuous exercise.
  • guitarguy310
    guitarguy310 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Not bad! Again, not the healthiest option...but for weight loss - it looks good on paper. Good luck!
  • Achrya
    Options

Advocating the idea that fast food places are not so bad just fosters people to think it is ok to eat there. I do believe that eating at a fast food place is ok on occasion, I myself try to keep it at 1 or 2 times per year. But advocating three daily meals at mcD's is unhealthy and sets a bad example to young people.

1-2 a year? /snicker

You rebel you.
  • wheird
    Options
    With that little veggies, the micronutrients won't be very good,e specially over time.

The sodium content already would make it almost impossible to hit that moderate protein goal without more than tripling the RDA of sodium, since it's already more than double.

But, if you're morbidly obese it probably beats staying that way, assuming you're not doing stenuous exercise.

Did you even look at it? A full salad and three side salads.

Though, I regularly include Panda for their mixed veggie side.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    In before "but the sodium/sugar!"

Also this must be witchcraft! Burn the witch (and then slip me his breakfast sandwich)

:laugh:
  • _John_
    Options
    I'm not saying TO do this, I'm saying you CAN do this with foods from mcdonalds...quite easily.

And there are 4 salads and some fruit on this...so fruits and vegetables were considered, even while working in a big mac...I REALLY could've added more healthy options by nixing the big mac.

(forgot I had to nix the apple slices to make some calories/macros work).
  • wheird
    Options
    I'm not saying TO do this, I'm saying you CAN do this with foods from mcdonalds...quite easily.

And there are 4 salads and 2.5 servings of fruit on this...so fruits and vegetables were considered, even while working in a big mac...I REALLY could've added more healthy options by nixing the big mac.

Or taking out the middle bun and replacing with a parfait.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

It is ok to eat fast food. I eat fast food 3-4 times a week and I'm healthy and rocking maintenance (I also ate it 3-4 times a week while I was losing weight) :smile:
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the sweet chili grilled chicken wrap? It's awesome.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    What on earth is this recent obsession with including McDonalds in diets?
  • Achrya
    Options
    Not enough fat, too much sugar. I'd be miserable at the end of the day. But if you can do this and not be miserable, hangry, and bloated at the end of the day or between your meals, go for it.

Not everyone is into higher fat diets. This macro breakdown is very close to how I actually eat (dead on to yesterday, actually)