Replies

• PeanutButterLuver71
    PeanutButterLuver71 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    back hair = gross
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    It's part of being a man. People can deal with it.
  • thewong92
    thewong92 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has a lot of body hair. It doesn't bother me one bit. Ok, well, maybe a little BUT only because his back itches all the time because of it and guess who has to scratch it lol

Haha. I hear ya on that one.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    On the serious side...I have to say, it's a real treat to read about how people think that a body feature you have, and have no real control over, is gross or not.

If you are answering "Gross," please picture a physical aspect you possess and don't like. Let me know what it is, I'd like to start a thread about it.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    It's hair. It's natural. It's not gross.

The whole hairlessness on men thing I find somewhat disturbing.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    Options
    On the serious side...I have to say, it's a real treat to read about how people think that a body feature you have, and have no real control over, is gross or not.

If you are answering "Gross," please picture a physical aspect you possess and don't like. Let me know what it is, I'd like to start a thread about it.

And now I hate myself just a little...not for the back hair, but for allowing myself to be butt-hurt over anything said here.

The shame of it all!
  • vbrent07
    vbrent07 Posts: 115
    Options
    I don't think that it matters at all and it's not gross, some people are hairy while others aren't. My son is 6 and already has a hairy back because he's on steroids for muscular dystrophy. I do have to say that a long time ago when I was a kid, I made fun of someone because of back hair. That wasn't because I was shallow, I was just really angry at that person!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I agree with the person who said it's weird that we're all trying to look like children. Whatever naturally grows on a person post-puberty is just fine with me. I see no reason that everybody *must* get rid of it or they're gross. Growed-*kitten* adults can shave/groom whatever they want to, but anything that can remove body hair is either sharp, hot, or otherwise potentially damaging and is going nowhere near my crotch! :noway: #knowwhereyourlineis
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Body hair in general is not a personal preference of mine. At all.
  • ponycyndi
    ponycyndi Posts: 858 Member
    Options

This is hilarious, considering almost the entire female population is shamed into removing any and all body hair, as it is "offensive"to look at.

Personally, my husband has back hair and its super sexy, along with the rest of him. On anyone else: Ew. No.

Do i point? Make degrading comments? Give grooming tips? Nope. I look the other way..
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    it's more gross in the summer time when a man sweats and just to see the wet hair UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I personally would want to feel a nice smooth back
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options

There's plenty of ways to control it. Body hair is quite controllable. Laser, wax, shave, nair, to name a few. But again, a lot of people don't think it's gross. So grow hair/remove hair, whatever YOU prefer.
  • FitWarrior7
    FitWarrior7 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Make your wife/gf shave it. Win!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Heh, awesome question!

As a 20-something woman, back hair was DEFINITELY a turn-off. Ewwww gross, NASTY.....And then I met my hairy beast of a hubby at 26.

Now I shave it for him when he thinks his back may be seen in public (summer, boats, etc) and I have no problem with his hairy-ness laying next to me snoring in bed. I love him to pieces and I accept him with all of his glorious silverback. ;)

Other hairy men?? Blech.

Love conquers all....... :drinker: :bigsmile:
  • fallenoaks50
    Options
    Back hair doesn't bother me. My husband doesn't like it though. He had all of his laser removed.
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    wait until a man with back hair sweats and you see a big sweat spot on their lower back...yuck! yuck! yuck!
    i dont want to see that

chest hair is also BIG No!
  • StarChanger
    StarChanger Posts: 605 Member
    Options

I used to feel the same way....and, again, hubby completely changed my opinion. He's only 38 and his chest hair is going prematurely grey / white, and I STILL love it. Now I look at chest hair as "manly man" in my head. It's silly, because there are certainly plenty of non-hairy manly men (that are really, really hot!), but a hairy chest is definitely NOT a deal breaker anymore.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    wait until a man with back hair sweats and you see a big sweat spot on their lower back...yuck! yuck! yuck!
    i dont want to see that

I feel like people who react like this are going to spend a large portion of their lives upset and grossed out by something that's perfectly normal. It reminds me of one of my friends who always tells me that she's going to dye my hair when it goes gray. Well, it's been going gray for years, and it'll be gray for a lot longer than it was brown if I have anything to say about it! :laugh: It's weird that something like someone else's appearance could cause so much consternation.
  • neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    humans are mammals. mammals have hair.

I'm totally neutral about back hair. I like hairy men generally, but that's more about beard, chest hair and happy trails :love: but back hair isn't something that I'm bothered about either way.

OP - if a woman loves you, she'll love all of you. And if she prefers your body hair a certain way, then it should be a preference (and not OMG remove it now it's gross!!!), but it's ultimately your decision.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    Options

This is hilarious, considering almost the entire female population is shamed into removing any and all body hair, as it is "offensive"to look at.

Personally, my husband has back hair and its super sexy, along with the rest of him. On anyone else: Ew. No.

Do i point? Make degrading comments? Give grooming tips? Nope. I look the other way..

Not by me. I did the "hairy chicks of Europe" tour about 30 years ago and became pleasantly acclimated.