Modern Day Pin-up Girls - WEEK 12

Options

Replies

• nam14uk
    nam14uk Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! I'll do better this week!!!!

PS. what should i have for dinner? quick, easy, not too expensive, and only for one person!

Stirfry? Very quick and if you have enough veg at home that you can throw in it's easy on the calories as well!
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    Bru- Good luck finding a job! Putting yourself out there is the best first step.

Numbers- I know they aren't low in fat but I always eat nuts when I need a healthy way to up my calories.

My goals for this week:
    -Eat at least 1,500 calories but more than my maintenance everyday.
    -No alcohol.
    -Workout as planned plus hike on Saturday
    -NO alcohol.
    -4+ servings of fuits and veggies even on the weekends.
    - did I mention no alcohol?
    -Tak my vitamins every day
  • dvlpup69
    Options
    I was so excited to see 2 more pounds come off this week., I'm at 164.2 I am finally working on the 3rd 10 pound goal. I am hoping to loose the remaining 9 pounds by the end of the month (I want to get to 155)...that's going to be a tough one but I am willing to give it a shot. Here are my goals for the week:

drink water, water water...at least 12 cups a day.
    don't cave in to the starbucks come Wednesdays (I'm a sucker for those vanilla lattes)
    stay witin my calorie goals
    run hard!!!

Alright beautiful ladies...LET'S GET SOME!!! OOH-RAH!
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    So, my goals for last week were:

"Goals:
    1) Work out at *least* 4 times this week (2 days circuit training, 2 days intervals)
    2) LOG WEEKEND CALORIES - The hardest one for me. I'm at my bf's house in another town on the weekends, and my pre-portioned meals aren't very conducive to an enjoyable weekend together...plus, we like to drink :- / "

And I accomplished both. Even though logging the weekend calories was a) Painful, b) NOT FUN, c) Extremely Eye-opening. I'm definitely what they call a Weekday Saint and Weekend Sinner. But I'm taking it as a learning experience and will use this new knowledge to change my weekend habits.

This week's Goals:
    1) Work out 5 days (2 days circuit training, 3 days intervals)
    2) Drink at least 72oz every day
    3) Stay under calories - EVEN ON WEEKEND!!!!

Let's take this week head-on!!!
  • amcmillan730
    amcmillan730 Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    ok. i just ate an entire bag of broccoli... yes i melted a little reduced fat cheese and put some ground black pepper. but a whole bag of broccoli... a year ago it would have been an entire container of ben and jerrys lol
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I haven't been feeling so hot today. Just all around down. Not really physically bad just more of a psychic pain. But after kick boxing I'm feeling a little better. I'm almost done with 6.5 glasses of water only a little more to go! I really need to figure out to get my calories up. I never make it above 1,000 even on my "cheat" days.
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    jaspersmommy - Belated Birthday wishes to your little boy! How was the party?

Karen
  • reesegirl521
    Options
    Stuck at 161 still. Not the scales fault. I'm just not trying consistently!!!
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Karen. It was good, except no one came. Lol. Both grandmothers came but that's it. He had a good time though and ate lots of cake and had it every where. I'll post a picture of his silly butt. He was so sleepy. :)

2prww1d.jpg
  • brittanydaniel79
    Options
    I have to bust my *kitten* this week. And you guys check up on me. I have to break this plateau. If I don't, I feel like I'll just stop completely. 4 weeks. No change. :grumble: Something's gotta give. I'll admit the past couple weekends have sucked food wise, but my c25ks are getting harder, and i'm running longer, and I really feel like this should be doing SOMETHING. UGH.

Frustrated. I guess since the first 16 lbs came off so easy, I got spoiled. Any chance I can lose 10 lbs in a month? Tips?

HELP! :sad:
  • sheilabennett
    Options
    Since I failed so miserably with all goals last week, I am going to try and achieve ALL of them this week!

Goals:

NO GLUTEN!
    Exercise AT LEAST 5 times
    Drink enough water on the weekend
    Keep track of my calories over the weekend
    Stay POSITIVE!
  • ttaylortulsa
    ttaylortulsa Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have to bust my *kitten* this week. And you guys check up on me. I have to break this plateau. If I don't, I feel like I'll just stop completely. 4 weeks. No change. :grumble: Something's gotta give. I'll admit the past couple weekends have sucked food wise, but my c25ks are getting harder, and i'm running longer, and I really feel like this should be doing SOMETHING. UGH.

Frustrated. I guess since the first 16 lbs came off so easy, I got spoiled. Any chance I can lose 10 lbs in a month? Tips?

HELP! :sad:

Your food diary for today looked pretty good. When you're weighing in, are you also checking Fat %, BMI, Water Weight, etc? On weeks that my weight loss is low, sometimes there are small hints/answers there.

Just keep at it! And keep posting! We're here to support, motivate and help in any way we can :flowerforyou:
  • kayleigh333
    Options
    I had a really good day yesterday and am feeling a bit more motivated now. I think seeing that 3.4lb gained on the chart was the kick up the backside that I needed, and after going for a run, drinking loads of water and sticking to my calories yesterday my scales showed a lb loss today. Must have been water weight. woohoo!

It was scary to see how easily I could get out of control again though, one bad week = 3.4lb on, urgh!

Goals for this week:
    - Workout at least 4 times
    - Drink my water
    - Stick to my calorie limit

Good luck ladies, hope you all have a good week!
  • lu123
    lu123 Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    well done ladies!!! :flowerforyou:

Goals for this week:

Drink at least my 1.5L bottle of water I bought every day
    Go running
    Go swimming
  • vickthedick
    vickthedick Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    129.4 was my weight. forgot to weigh in yesterday
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I already slipped up yesterday. I only got in 48oz of water and didn't do my exercise challenges. But it was a stressful night and I did the best I could provided my situation, so moving on.

If it's not raining today I will do my run and most likely my challenges too...and as soon as I polish off this coffee I'm jumping right in on my water. :flowerforyou:
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    ARGH! I weighed into today at 132.4, down 2 lbs from yesterday. I'm happy that I've lost, but I really wish it would show up on days when it ended up on a pretty table... :laugh:
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    I haven't been feeling so hot today. Just all around down. Not really physically bad just more of a psychic pain. But after kick boxing I'm feeling a little better. I'm almost done with 6.5 glasses of water only a little more to go! I really need to figure out to get my calories up. I never make it above 1,000 even on my "cheat" days.
    *hugs* Psychological pain can be so much harder to deal with than physical pain. I hope you are feeling better.

Try eating more nuts and peanut butter, preferably the all natural kind. Also, start using whole fat dairy products and cooking with olive oil. I know a lot of people tend to shun fats but they are very important to vitamin absorbtion and a non-saturated fats are a great way to increase your calories and still eat healthy.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    ARGH! I weighed into today at 132.4, down 2 lbs from yesterday. I'm happy that I've lost, but I really wish it would show up on days when it ended up on a pretty table... :laugh:
    Me too! I'm down another pound from yesterday. :ohwell: :laugh:
  • SweetPandora
    SweetPandora Posts: 660 Member
    Options
    jaspersmommy - He is adorable! Love the photo with all the icing on his face! What a cutey!

Woot Woot for the losses ladies!

I am feeling good, I'm positive I've lost inches as well as lbs. I can feel it in my arms and belly. I also had to tighten the chest strap on my HRM last night. I sucked in my abs during my workout and it slipped down a little.

Have a great day!

Karen