Replies

• HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Can't let this thread die...
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    A crusty French baguette made by a French baker. Best eaten in France with real butter and a nice expresso.

I think I hit every bakery in Paris for a baguette.

French baguette is my choice for today
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten/wheat intolerant (or possibly more just wheat) but sometimes I throw caution to the wind and indulge in a delicious sourdough. My homemade spelt soda loaf is also pretty amazing. With bacon, cheese and some chutney. Mmmmmn. Seriously, if someone could go ahead and create gluten/wheat free bread (in the UK) that DOESNT do this when I eat it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_SaUOsyJFLk

That would be amazing thank you please.
  • staveshabr
    staveshabr Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Bread good. Fire bad.

I read that as if the dog in your pic was saying it. :laugh: He looks like a smart dog who would give out that kind of knowledge.

lol i read it as if the dog said it too
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I freakin' love a warm, soft Taco Cabana tortilla.

I also adore Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted grain cinnamon raisin bread. I was raised on Roman Meal; I appreciate flavor and texture.

And it's been ages, but I could eat an entire loaf of Macaroni Grill bread soaked in olive oil all by myself and still have room for an entree, salad and dessert.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    If I had to pick one, sourdough is my favorite. I'm currently trying to get my own starter going so I can make it at home, but my local grocery store has really amazing sourdough in their bakery.

I've also developed a recent interest in cream biscuits and beer bread. Beer bread is the easiest bread in the world to make. No yeast, no kneading, no rise time. If you use a good beer, it's delicious, and it's very versatile in that you can add any of a million different things to it (cheeses, herbs, peppers, etc., for savory bread, or fruits, syrups, honey, brown sugar/cinnamon, etc., for sweet bread) to change up the flavor.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    What is this, Sophie's Choice?

Sophie had it easy!

And her choice obviously would have been challah!

No, Sophie wasn't Jewish in the movie or the book. But Challah is an awesome bread, however trying to make a really great one at home that is really soft is ...almost impossible. And ones from most bakeries are awful as well.

... It was a joke.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    I'm gluten/wheat intolerant (or possibly more just wheat) but sometimes I throw caution to the wind and indulge in a delicious sourdough. My homemade spelt soda loaf is also pretty amazing. With bacon, cheese and some chutney. Mmmmmn. Seriously, if someone could go ahead and create gluten/wheat free bread (in the UK) that DOESNT do this when I eat it

How can you 'indulge' in bread if you are gluten intolerant?
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Oooh, bread. Mmm! I love bread. Wheat, Pepperidge Farm Pump & Rye Swirl (try it!), grainy bread, soft & velvety bread like Roundy's wheat and Kwikery Bake Shoppe multigrain (Midwest, at Kwik Trip), all the bread! I like flatbread, tortillas, Subway bread, everything.

Although, my fiance loves Ezekiel bread, but I'm not a huge fan of it myself.

ETA: My fiance's mom runs an organic farm. She makes awesome homemade bread!
  • firstsip
    Options

Probably in the same way I'll indulge in ice cream though I'm lactose intolerant.

Suffering the consequences.
  • jaxbeck
    jaxbeck Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    pumpernickel!
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

Probably in the same way I'll indulge in ice cream though I'm lactose intolerant.

I do remember hearing that there are different levels of intolerance in different people. I'm both gluten and dairy intolerant, and there is no level of "suffering the consequences" for me. If I consume any, I am condemned to days of suffering in a little curled up ball of pain. ( I also have IBD so trigger foods will make me suffer longer than the food is actually in my system). Jealous of those who can do it.
  • firstsip
    Options

I do remember hearing that there are different levels of intolerance in different people. I'm both gluten and dairy intolerant, and there is no level of "suffering the consequences" for me. If I consume any, I am condemned to days of suffering in a little curled up ball of pain. ( I also have IBD so trigger foods will make me suffer longer than the food is actually in my system). Jealous of those who can do it.

Oh, trust me, that's how I end up, and I'm sure the person in question does, too.

But sometimes, that frozen custard is just too.good.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I love bread. Sourdough is my favorite to have warm with butter.

That said, the best bread I ever had was at..... Disney World. They have a crazy nice steakhouse in the Canada pavilion of EPCOT called Le Cellier. Before the meal, they bring out a bag of various bread sticks; one representing each province, or something. One of them is pretzel bread from lord knows where. Alberta, or something. Who cares. It's unbelievable. I'm sure that could be tainted by the fact that I was eating dinner at a fancy-pants steakhouse in Disney World after walking about 12 miles at EPCOT from 6 AM to 7 PM but I don't care.

Best bread ever.

Oh, and the veal tenderloin? Yeah.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    Pumpernickel you noobs

Pumpernickel is teh devil's bread!

I love the asiago cheese bread from St Louis Bread Company...that's right, it's SLBC, not Panera :drinker:

LOVE me some sourdough, and this soft oatmeal bread a local restaurant makes :love:
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Pumpernickel you noobs

Pumpernickel is teh devil's bread!

I love the asiago cheese bread from St Louis Bread Company...that's right, it's SLBC, not Panera :drinker:

LOVE me some sourdough, and this soft oatmeal bread a local restaurant makes :love:

The devil has always known how to live it up. God's bread is apparently a flavorless cardboard wafer.

If I'm going to copy a deity's dinner, it'll definitely be the devil's and not God's.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    potato bread. Mmmmmm
  • cuinboston2014
    cuinboston2014 Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Ciabatta or Focaccia bread!! I love these calorie laden amazing breads, especially with olive oil. Mmmmmmmm....
  • Amitysk
    Amitysk Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Sourdough baguette! I do miss dutch crunch, but I only have seen it in San Francisco.
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I abused my normal bread recipe last night by adding sugar, vanilla and peach pie filling.

Bread isn't bad. I am.

32813929_3229.jpg