BLACK GIRLS WORKOUT TOO!!

Options

Replies

• Eshathediva
    Options
    Well Insanity jacks up my bob everyday. I dont care if I wrap it, put rollers in it, or pray about it. shaun has my hair all kinds of soaked but I figure have a banging body or banging hair. I choose body *kanye rant*
  • fragileelegance
    fragileelegance Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Well Insanity jacks up my bob everyday. I dont care if I wrap it, put rollers in it, or pray about it. shaun has my hair all kinds of soaked but I figure have a banging body or banging hair. I choose body *kanye rant*

How far are you in insanity? Are you seeing results? I'm wondering if I should do it to get over my weight loss plateau :/
  • Dymondmarie
    Options
    I just did this workout but I don't know how to log it into myfitnesspal ???? help meee. And I'm looking for inspirational friends to add so please add me if you can help on my lifestyle change
  • pigelet
    pigelet Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Not mad at u - go get it!

I sweat and workout and am okay with it,lol!

And Shaun t's insanity wets my hair but banging body vs hair?
    Body wins always!
  • Camwill03
    Camwill03 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Working out is great, it helps so many things...stress levels, confidence, flexibility, sweating helps to clean pores...BUT remember, wt loss and maintenance is 90% WHAT YOU EAT and 10% Execise/Activity. Don't be fooled and focus on the WRONG thing. When days get hard, if you have to pass on something choose the exercise instead of pigging out because working out TWICE a day will get you down. Reality, you can lose weight w/o an exercise routine but you can NOT lose or maintain wt loss with a bad diet (eating habit for life).

Truthfully, I wish people would get as excited about eating healthily as they do about chasing that "magic pill" (An Exercise DVD or Routine. Most will get a "Turnt-Up" exercise routine so they can eat BADLY and feel good about themselves. Enjoy your DVD, but don't go so far over-board that you become sooo hungry and tired that all you think about is hitting a number at a certain time, and then 6, 12, 15, 18 Months after that you are back in here saying you are going to do it Right "This Time". Be Well, Live Well
  • Camwill03
    Options
    Indeed
  • Camwill03
    Options
    I know that's right.. that's y I got braids
  • Mochamoni
    Mochamoni Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Resetting my goals and have had two successful weeks I just started using fitness pal again and I feel great. This black girl is trying to create change in my families health and lifestyle. We all yoga at night and our goal is to eat fresh. I am on track with 1.5 lbs a wk, but my real change has been better sleep and a way better mood. Keep going everyone !!!! I changed all my wallpapers to reflect positive and healthy images! I go to a gym, but when I am short on time I go to popsugar fitness app...lots of workouts under 20mins. :smile:
  • mrs_tlee
    mrs_tlee Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    29 year old wife in Ct. I am raising 3 little girls and I need to make some changes in my life so they will know black girls can be healthy and fit too. Still new here so encouragement, tips and motivation are welcomed. Maybe I can offer the same to someone else. Peace & Blessings.
  • My_Own_Worst_Enemy
    My_Own_Worst_Enemy Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    HI! So I ordered and started my black girls workout too DVD! No offense on the title anyone, but its been said that black girls don't workout! It came with a 30 day meal plan and so far, I'm 2 days in. I'm working out in the morning and at night. I'm just doing as much of it as I can until I master it. Ive seen a lot of great results from women all over so watch out, here I COME!!!!!! :tongue:

It has been? This is news to me. I must not be getting bombarded with the same ignorant marketing propaganda that you are. Sorry to hear that.

BUT....

Its great to see that you are being more active! This is great for anyone no matter what race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or species they are!! Good luck on your Journey!! :flowerforyou:
  • Trissyboo
    Trissyboo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Where can I get this DVD?
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I rock a bald head most times, so hair is NOT an issue. I am 42 years old, have shed 143 pounds. I take boot camp 2 times a week, I box once a week, meet my trainer once a week, take yoga and strength train in between. Consistency and commitment is the only thing that will keep you going. I wish all of you the best on your fitness goals and your healthier journey.

In this life you are going to pay, the question to ask yourself which way do you want to pay? I rather spend my money on healthy foods, the gym, and feel good, than to spend it on excessive doctor visits, prescription meds and the side effects.

In conclusion, "If it is important to you, you will find a way, if not you will find an excuse".

Have a great day
  • nucreeman
    Options
    I don't know how great the video tape is, but there are some of us who don't work out solely because we don't want to sweat out our hair. My hair is not natural , so for years I didnt want to do anything strenouous that would cause me to sweat. I realized some time ago, that no one is going to notice your fly hairstyle if you look like Grimace.
  • LivingOnPurpose
    Options
    Hi, this is my 5th day doing Black Girls WOrkout Too, do you happen to know how many calories we burn off doing that particular 45 min workout?
  • LivingOnPurpose
    Options
    Amazon.com has it for $15.
  • drBzy
    drBzy Posts: 9
    Options
    In response to the hair issue: I'm mixed (b+w) and is also have issues with sweating my hair out. I keep it natural but straighten it with a flat iron quite often. I've found that wearing one of those wider headbands helps suck up a lot of the sweat (gross, I know!). Really, I only have issues with the roots around my hairline then. :)
  • LaineyS212
    LaineyS212 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I got this dvd after someone I follow on Instagram posted about it, I love it a lot and I mos def felt the burn. I am natural and I went to a predominately all African American college and a lot of us were in the gym. I kinda fell off after college though. I love that I can do this in my own home.
  • LaineyS212
    LaineyS212 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    they say that you burn 500 cals with it, I just started it last week...my body was aching but I love it lol
  • AntWrig
    AntWrig Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    lol @ the title. But hey, its the work out thats important!
    There is a huge perception that black women refuse to workout for a number of reasons. Hair being #1.
  • CulturedCowgurl
    CulturedCowgurl Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I love this DVD.. It works all the muscles and keeps the curves that "we" love .. Lana gives us the "Business" with those squats!!

Gotta try this out also.....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!