4 Years of being single

Options

Replies

• Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I've been single for over 4 years. I consider myself successful, in shape, attractive, etc.

"I just haven't found the right one."

At what age or point do I settle for less just so I can 'be in a relationship'? It'd be nice to stop doing my laundry every week, stop cooking every meal for myself, stop spending valentines day alone... etc.

Is your Mom mad at you?
    Did she walk in on you *kitten* again?
    She'll start doing your laundry again when she calms down.
  • Runner5AbelTownship
    Runner5AbelTownship Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused, I thought all we cared about was money? It is SO hard to keep up.

thats all part of being told what you want to hear.

All I want to hear is "That was great, what do you want on your sandwich?"
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I meet lots of women, but it's never the right person at the right time. I have certain standards like in school or college degree, into some type of fitness, open minded, that I haven't budged on.

As seen by some posts, some people see 4 years of voluntarily being single as me having a problem. If I go in relationship for a few months, then women will see me as desirable and won't be seen as stale meat anymore.

With how awesome I am, I usually get "4 years single? You must be a player."

Or it could be that women recognize that you want to use them as laundry machines and cooks. Maybe if you changed your attitude towards women and the role you want them to play in your life, you'd find that their attitude towards you would also change for the better.

Just a suggestion :)
  • akoivisto
    akoivisto Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Trolls only grow in size proportional to the amount of replies they are able to achieve.

Do not feed the troll with replies.

There are bad trolls and good trolls; this was a bad troll that is becoming a good troll due to a large amount of gullible guppies in this pond.

I'm a hypocrite.

Cheers
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I meet lots of women, but it's never the right person at the right time. I have certain standards like in school or college degree, into some type of fitness, open minded, that I haven't budged on.

As seen by some posts, some people see 4 years of voluntarily being single as me having a problem. If I go in relationship for a few months, then women will see me as desirable and won't be seen as stale meat anymore.

Or it could be that women recognize that you want to use them as laundry machines and cooks. Maybe if you changed your attitude towards women and the role you want them to play in your life, you'd find that their attitude towards you would also change for the better.

kT3R4Bc.gif
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    At what age or point do I settle for less just so I can 'be in a relationship'? It'd be nice to stop doing my laundry every week, stop cooking every meal for myself, stop spending valentines day alone... etc.

since this is a site where opinions are expressed rampantly, i'll just say that i don't think your reasons for being in a romantic relationship are valid. might as well just hire a maid or something.
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options

if she doesnt cook or clean what does she offer, sex? not trying to be rude at all, but we have guy friends to hang out with. personally id like a more traditional wife. probably why im single i guess. that and i havent been on a date in years.
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options

if she doesnt cook or clean what does she offer, sex? not trying to be rude at all, but we have guy friends to hang out with. personally id like a more traditional wife. probably why im single i guess. that and i havent been on a date in years.

Hahahaha oh my god I seriously just choked on my water. Sorry, buddy, but you're too far gone. Agree with many of the previous responses - just hire a maid or give mommy a call. Sounds to me like you wouldn't know what to do with a real woman, anyway.
  • fishnbrah
    Options

Hahahaha oh my god I seriously just choked on my water. Sorry, buddy, but you're too far gone. Agree with many of the previous responses - just hire a maid or give mommy a call. Sounds to me like you wouldn't know what to do with a real woman, anyway.

obviously my opinion on what a real woman is, is different than yours. no need to be rude
  • suziepoo1984
    suziepoo1984 Posts: 915 Member
    Options
    I have been in a relationship for over 6 years(married for 5+) and both me and my hubby are still doing laundry and cooking :explode:
    We are doing something very very wrong here :sad:
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options

I'm habitually single (are we allowed to slap people when they ask HOW AREN'T YOU MARRIED?!) I have standards as well, and I tend to not budge much either, hey I'm only 25 I am allowed to be picky! I feel like you shouldn't ever lower your stands on things like education and well being, I can't date someone I cannot converse with, besides intelligence is sexy! If you have things like "must be 5'4' and 12 pounds and a rockin body", time to reevaluate, you might meet a chubby girl with the potential to be 'the one' but you are too close-minded to see past that, and understand that weight can be lost.

Thanks for serving your country (if that bit is true) and good luck on your search!

ETA: I hate laundry just as much as the next person, soooo if that's a requirement, ditch it. No one LIKES laundry
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,723 Member
    Options
    I've been single for over 4 years. I consider myself successful, in shape, attractive, etc.

"I just haven't found the right one."

So you are looking for a maid?
  • fishnbrah
    Options

I'm habitually single (are we allowed to slap people when they ask HOW AREN'T YOU MARRIED?!) I have standards as well, and I tend to not budge much either, hey I'm only 25 I am allowed to be picky! I feel like you shouldn't ever lower your stands on things like education and well being, I can't date someone I cannot converse with, besides intelligence is sexy! If you have things like "must be 5'4' and 12 pounds and a rockin body", time to reevaluate, you might meet a chubby girl with the potential to be 'the one' but you are too close-minded to see past that, and understand that weight can be lost.

Thanks for serving your country (if that bit is true) and good luck on your search!

ETA: I hate laundry just as much as the next person, soooo if that's a requirement, ditch it. No one LIKES laundry

i dont think theres anything wrong with wanting someone with a rockin body. if thats what you want, and you lower your standards thats settling. i get it, some people dont care and the "inner beauty is what matters. most guys arent in greek god shape either.
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    So you are looking for a maid?

This is turning into the new "I'm pretty sure this guy is quoting Twilight"
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options

I'm sensing a pattern here among the unhappily single men...but they wont' see it, of course. They're so trapped in their "women are merely creatures of service to me" heads that they can't even conceive that it might be them and not the world's fault.
  • lindsaylove07
    lindsaylove07 Posts: 444 Member
    Options

i dont think theres anything wrong with wanting someone with a rockin body. if thats what you want, and you lower your standards thats settling. i get it, some people dont care and the "inner beauty is what matters. most guys arent in greek god shape either.

I WANT someone with a rockin body too, but I also understand that there's a rockin body underneath a layer of fat if people want to work at it. I was only suggesting, that maybe he look at that as a malleable 'requirement' people gain and lose weight all the time, if he finds someone who is perfect, but is currently overweight, yet going to the gym and eating right to correct that, he shouldn't wash his hands of her.

Also, you're the guy who insinuated that all a woman has to offer is laundry, cooking and sex. So I basically take everything you say with an entire gallon of salt, not just a single grain
  • fishnbrah
    Options

I'm sensing a pattern here among the unhappily single men...but they wont' see it, of course. They're so trapped in their "women are merely creatures of service to me" heads that they can't even conceive that it might be them and not the world's fault.

its what i want, if theyre not out there then i will continue to be single. no problem.
  • fishnbrah
    Options

I WANT someone with a rockin body too, but I also understand that there's a rockin body underneath a layer of fat if people want to work at it. I was only suggesting, that maybe he look at that as a malleable 'requirement' people gain and lose weight all the time, if he finds someone who is perfect, but is currently overweight, yet going to the gym and eating right to correct that, he shouldn't wash his hands of her.

Also, you're the guy who insinuated that all a woman has to offer is laundry, cooking and sex. So I basically take everything you say with an entire gallon of salt, not just a single grain

thats not what i was saying, i know they offer other things. not triyng to be rude, its simply my preference. im from a small town, want someone with those values.
  • bkw99508
    bkw99508 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    When you do find her, gravity will shift and you'll have no idea how to aske her out.

great minds...

Trying to find a Twilight reference....but I got nothing!

:laugh:
  • kreene1987
    kreene1987 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    It'd be nice to stop doing my laundry every week, stop cooking every meal for myself, stop spending valentines day alone... etc.

TROLLLLLLLLOLOLOLOLOLOL