White Wheat Bread ?

Options

Replies

• benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    So. She flounced. Can we talk bread now? Has anyone done cinnamon raisin bread in bread pudding? How was it? Also accepting cinnamon bread recipes.

Aw, you could of talked about bread the whole time, you shouldn't of let me stop you.

It's hard to get people to focus on mundane things when someone is spraying crazy everywhere.

Well true. You're free to talk about all your bread related things now then. :)
  • ladylexie17
    ladylexie17 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keep your bread in the freezer and only take out a few slices at a time. Saves money by not trashing the moldy stuff.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Consider looking for some dissenting opinions online.

Getting your info from sources with the same agenda is foolhardy.
    Well that's YOUR opinion now, isn't it? Anyway, I'm done with this conversation - if you call it that. Have a nice life. :)

Actually, that's not opinion, that's having basic critical thinking skills. If you're only ready articles that already agree with your point of view then you will have a confirmation bias. That's being pretty closed minded in not looking into other possibilities before taking something as fact. You're not using your thinking cap very well on this one :wink:

I didn't have that point of view until I watched the documentary, thank you very much and me being closed minded, you guys aren't even considering that wheat may be a serious cause of obesity in the world, so don't go on about me being closed minded.

Once you viewed the documentary, how much time and effort did you dedicate to searching for conflicting opinions and criticisms?

Surely you didn't simply take it at face value. What kind of person believes a single source without seeking out criticism? Surely you didn't do that. What alternative theories did you consider? What dissenting expert opinions did you read?
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Well that's YOUR opinion now, isn't it? Anyway, I'm done with this conversation - if you call it that. Have a nice life. :)

Actually, that's not opinion, that's having basic critical thinking skills. If you're only ready articles that already agree with your point of view then you will have a confirmation bias. That's being pretty closed minded in not looking into other possibilities before taking something as fact. You're not using your thinking cap very well on this one :wink:

I didn't have that point of view until I watched the documentary, thank you very much and me being closed minded, you guys aren't even considering that wheat may be a serious cause of obesity in the world, so don't go on about me being closed minded.

obesity is caused by overeating..not what is in my bread….if what you are saying is true ..how do I eat bread and maintain 12% body fat????
  • jonnythan
    Options

And oh by the way most of us have considered it. Most of us have examined the evidence, many of us first hand. But then most of us rejected the hypothesis because the evidence does not support it and the filmmaker makes use of numerous logical fallacies, incorrect facts, and cheap propaganda techniques.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options

That's because many people commenting have looked into the actual science and studies done, rather than a documentary or writings that horribly cherry pick studies.

Your profile says you are studying personal fitness (which I'm assuming means you are trying to be a trainer). Just a suggestion: actually research reliable and credible studies before spouting off things. Spreading misinformation (especially in a matter of fact way) may end up hurting your credibility and your business.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    So. She flounced. Can we talk bread now? Has anyone done cinnamon raisin bread in bread pudding? How was it? Also accepting cinnamon bread recipes.

Aw, you could of talked about bread the whole time, you shouldn't of let me stop you.

It's hard to get people to focus on mundane things when someone is spraying crazy everywhere.

It's whatever. I'm baking bread now to use in a strawberry bread pudding and I'm not sharing with anyone in this thread!!! So there.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Oh god. One more personal trainer with zero knowledge of science and nutrition. Sigh.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Once you viewed the documentary, how much time and effort did you dedicate to searching for conflicting opinions and criticisms?

Surely you didn't simply take it at face value. What kind of person believes a single source without seeking out criticism? Surely you didn't do that. What alternative theories did you consider? What dissenting expert opinions did you read?

This quote seems to fit, so putting it here:

"Unfortunately, research-based refutation of fear mongering tends to be ineffective as those who are most prone to succumbing to such in the first place are also the least likely to apply critical thinking." - Wonderpug from bb.com via Sidesteel
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

It's whatever. I'm baking bread now to use in a strawberry bread pudding and I'm not sharing with anyone in this thread!!! So there.

My oatmeal bread tastes good but it came out pretty dense. I'm gonna have to settle for a pretty small serving.
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options

tumblr_lvcvt6LfZ71r12b65.gif
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options

That's because many people commenting have looked into the actual science and studies done, rather than a documentary or writings that horribly cherry pick studies.

Your profile says you are studying personal fitness (which I'm assuming means you are trying to be a trainer). Just a suggestion: actually research reliable and credible studies before spouting off things. Doing so may end up hurting your credibility and your business.

Actually, I'm studying it for myself as of now and I will be doing nutritional research in the future most likely so don't worry about me. :)
  • jonnythan
    Options

"Unfortunately, research-based refutation of fear mongering tends to be ineffective as those who are most prone to succumbing to such in the first place are also the least likely to apply critical thinking." - Wonderpug from bb.com via Sidesteel

That's a great quote. Facts generally can't compete with emotion for most people.

Especially young people who have found something to blame their insecurity on.
  • PikaKnight
    Options

Your profile says you are studying personal fitness (which I'm assuming means you are trying to be a trainer). Just a suggestion: actually research reliable and credible studies before spouting off things. Doing so may end up hurting your credibility and your business.

Actually, I'm studying it for myself as of now and I will be doing nutritional research in the future most likely so don't worry about me. :)

:indifferent:
  • jonnythan
    Options

I wish you all the luck but you have a long way to go. Doesn't seem like you've ever read a journal article before. If you teach people stuff based on what you learn from YouTube documentaries you will do your clients a great disservice.

It's not impossible, but you need to brush up your scientific literacy.
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I read this a while back, thought it was funny...

http://blog.fooducate.com/2013/10/19/fed-up-with-food-fear-mongering/
  • MarliQQ
    MarliQQ Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    LoL, Darn it, they are going for M&M's...M&M's cause ADHD, did you hear??? :O
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big fan of whole grain / wheat. But I like white, white wheat, potato and oatmeal.

What's your opinion on white wheat ?

Since you list white and white wheat separately, I'm wondering if you mean white whole wheat (made from whole flour milled from white wheat, which is a different variety from the darker wheat typically used in bread) when you say white wheat? If that is what you mean, then you're getting the same whole grain and fiber benefits that you would eating the darker bread most people think of when they say whole wheat.
  • fruttibiscotti
    fruttibiscotti Posts: 986 Member
    Options

That's a great quote. Facts generally can't compete with emotion for most people.

Especially young women who have found something to blame their insecurity on.

Is that so...anymore sexist comments you like to make? Very offensive to women.