What is "too skinny" for you?

Options

Replies

• BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Well, we were doing so well, but I see the calling people "gross" portion of the thread has begun.

Also the wanting to puke portion has begun as well (see above).
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    I have a serious phobia of spine bones showing. Like if you see a girl on the beach is so skinny you can see each of her vetebra showing through her skin...I want to puke! I have an actual physical reaction. Spine bones visable. I...just...can't.

I hope you never meet me on a beach then, because I'm boney as all hell!
  • amandakev88
    amandakev88 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    /edited
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    Well, we were doing so well, but I see the calling people "gross" portion of the thread has begun.

i didnt mean people, or anybody, i apologize. you are stunning by the way. i just think of famished children when i see every bone of the upper body. i read some time ago that the sternum in the first place to show starvation.

Thank you. I can see mine when I'm really lean, like now. I'm planning to bulk soon. It isn't something that I find attractive on myself but I like to think I'm not gross, you know?
  • marvybells
    marvybells Posts: 1,984 Member
    Options
    I have a serious phobia of spine bones showing. Like if you see a girl on the beach is so skinny you can see each of her vetebra showing through her skin...I want to puke! I have an actual physical reaction. Spine bones visable. I...just...can't.

i'm a bit "bony" as well. I've never witnessed those around me puking in disgust but perhaps i should stay off the beach just in case. wouldn't want to ruin anyone's vacation....
  • amandakev88
    Options
    /deleted
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    A short retelling of my reactions as I read

OP: :noway:

Page one: :huh:

Marilyn Monroe nonsense: :yawn:

Page two: :smile:

Page three: :love: :smooched: :drinker:

Start of page four: :noway:

End of page four: :angry: :grumble: :explode: :noway: :noway:

Page five: *table flip*
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    How old are you?
    Is this a school assignment?

:laugh:
    srsly
  • waytobeduck
    Options
    I didn't really know where to put this question, anyways.

I know BMI's and charts , I am asking about the look. At what point, a person looks unattractively thin to you? Could you give examples from people I might find by google(celebrities?)

Thank you.
    Only people who look sick, look unappealing to me. Younger Megan Fox looks amazing and so does Tatiana Maslany (see image below). They seem comfortable in their weight and are not super thin.
    tatiana-maslany-orphan-black-cast-ctv-upfront-2013-01.jpg
  • amandakev88
    Options

the machinist thing? i didnt want to say something.. but wouldn't the average person DIE from losing that much weight? in the picture you're talking about, pukey? didnt he lose like 100 lbs for that?
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options

the machinist thing? i didnt want to say something.. but wouldn't the average person DIE from losing that much weight? in the picture you're talking about, pukey? didnt he lose like 100 lbs for that?

No, I wasn't talking about that photo. The person that posted above me said she wants to puke when she sees spine bones. You can't see mine when I'm standing (my muscles stick out much further than my spine, which goes inward), but probably can to some degree when bent over, with a rounded back.

Also small bones don't break easily. Breaking is related to bone density or extreme excessive force (in reply to your deleted comment).
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Different strokes for different folks. Everyone will have a different answer.

Exactly!
  • amandakev88
    Options

No, I wasn't talking about that photo. The person that posted above me said she wants to puke when she sees spine bones. You can't see mine when I'm standing (my muscles stick out much further than my spine, which goes inward), but probably can to some degree when bent over, with a rounded back.

Also small bones don't break easily. Breaking is related to bone density or extreme excessive force (in reply to your deleted comment).

OHHH. i get it. sorry, im slow! cant you see EVERYBODY'S spine bones with a rounded back? im sure yours is normal.. [and you're banging hot, i gotta say..sorry, i creeped your pics lol to see the spine thing you were talking about [which i didnt see!]. you look like Jennifer Conelly/Amanda Peets love child!]
  • Snow3y
    Snow3y Posts: 1,412 Member
    Options
    If a woman is skinny with no meat/toned muscle, she is too skinny.. I'd rather have a girl that's got a little fat than a girl with no fat, no muscle and is just skin to bone skinny
  • VoodooAborisha
    VoodooAborisha Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I got fat when I quit smoking in 2001, but I got boobs, so that was a plus. Then I went on a diet and got healthy again, and my parents-in-law's 80-year-old male friend was absolutely horrified. I thought I looked good, but he thought I had lost all of my... assets lol.

I think you can pull off skinny if you have nice toned muscles. I think being just skinny without curves OR muscles doesn't look good in a dress. I'm just sayin', if I were a Lesbian, I'd be going for the ladies in Playboy magazine, not the ones in Vogue. I think you got to either have a bit of "cushion for the pushin" or some muscles. Something so you aren't just a stick. But that's my personal opinion. According to Roman statues, women should be soft, not really toned, and of average weight, not skinny and not chunky. I think the skinny "flapper" ideal from the 20's and the Twiggy look from the 60's are artificial fads, and though I do think skinny women should celebrate their lovability and worth as much as any overweight lovely lady, I think they are both extremes and not my own personal "ideal."
  • MalPal2
    MalPal2 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think when all your bones are showing through your skin... you need to put some weight on!
  • SharonCMach
    SharonCMach Posts: 305 Member
    Options

^^^^Haha...me too!! :laugh: I'm boney, you can see spine & sternum so I guess Im just grotesque!! :angry:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    How about, in the absence of an eating disorder or illness, we don't worry about when to tell other adults that they need to put on weight?
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    This thread made me hungry
  • Zomoniac
    Zomoniac Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options

Sort of. He's normally about 185. He went down to 120 for The Machinist, then spent a few months eating everything in sight and lifting to get to 220 very quickly, then started clean cutting for a couple of months to get down to about 195ish, which is what he is in Batman Begins. How on earth someone can go from playing a skeleton to Batman in five months I cannot begin to understand. That is some phenomenally effective training.