30 day unbiased Shakeology review

Options

Replies

• I just tried the chocolate Shakeology mixed with 1 cup milk, 1 banana, and 1 Tbsp. peanut butter. It was really good. I think it is a little pricey, but I am forced to take digestive enzymes and probiotics anyways for my lack of gallbladder. This includes both so I save some money there. Add that to a supplement of vitamins, protein, amino acids (that I need desperately since I started Chaleane Extreme), and the breakfast foods I would have eaten, I don't think it is such a bad deal when you add it all up. That and there other places like Amazon and ebay to get it even cheaper. I think Shakeology is getting a bad rap on here, and no, I'm not a Beachbody coach. I am just someone that has been taking Beachbody's advice and workouts and having tremendous results!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    What enzymes are you taking because of your gallbladder? Considering the gallbladder doesn't make any enzymes, and when the gallbladder is removed, the liver just delivers the enzymes it creates directly to the intestine. I've had my gallbladder removed, and never had to take any kind of enzyme or probiotic, because the gallbladder is just a storage compartment, it doesn't actually create anything.

As for Shakeology, it's bad rep is deserved. It's very low quality; there are much higher quality products on the market for much lower price. Beach Body has good workout routines, but their supplements are garbage.
  • RyanTT
    RyanTT Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    started yesterday going for the full 30 ....
  • staniadrienne
    staniadrienne Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this review. As a personal trainer considering offering Shakeology to my clients, it's important to me to get unbiased input. -Addie
  • wenatplay
    Options
    hi. i just purchased shakeology after thinking about it & sitting on the fence for nearly a month. i also just joined MFP to help me keep track of my calories. i only want to lose a pound/week until i've lost about 15-20 lbs. i'm 5'1" and weigh 117 [i've lost 3 lbs since just LOGGING in my calories].

anyway, i was looking for a RECENT review & saw yours - the first one. i also noted in it that you would follow up. this was important to me because just starting something is exciting but following thru & actually sticking with it is a whole 'nother thing. since i enjoyed your first review - i thought it sounded honest - i looked for the 2nd one and am now reassured about ordering the shakeology.

thank you for following up and letting us know how MFP and shakeology has helped you. i am hoping it will help me too :-) to at least eat healthier 1x/day. [i already enjoy working out]
  • wenatplay
    Options
    hi. i just purchased shakeology after thinking about it & sitting on the fence for nearly a month. i also just joined MFP to help me keep track of my calories. i only want to lose a pound/week until i've lost about 15-20 lbs. i'm 5'1" and weigh 117 [i've lost 3 lbs since just LOGGING in my calories].

anyway, i was looking for a RECENT review & saw yours - the first one. i also noted in it that you would follow up. this was important to me because just starting something is exciting but following thru & actually sticking with it is a whole 'nother thing. since i enjoyed your first review - i thought it sounded honest - i looked for the 2nd one and am now reassured about ordering the shakeology.

thank you for following up and letting us know how MFP and shakeology has helped you. i am hoping it will help me too :-) to at least eat healthier 1x/day. [i already enjoy working out]
  • niqu11
    niqu11 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I also had a really hard time finding reviews not from a Beachbody Coach when I was thinking about buying Shakeology. Thank you for sharing your experience! I recently wrote a blog post about my experience with Shakeology (and no, I'm not a coach). You can read it here: http://fitnfabnj.wordpress.com/2014/01/04/shakeology-the-real-deal-or-all-hype/
  • megvonnahme
    Options
    Shakeology is just another diet gimmick. Try going vegetarian/vegan and get moving. That's all it takes. Stop making these people rich. Research shows that the majority of those who do anything different never learn to eat whole foods, and make healthy choices, resulting in going back to their old ways and regaining the weight.

http://www.sharecare.com/health/nutrition-and-weight-loss/is-shakeology-safe-effective-weight-loss-option

This site will give expert advice on this way of losing weight.

Just eat REAL food folks. Stay away from GMO's!
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    I was at the post office yesterday and saw someone shipping back 3 boxes of Shakeology. Apparently when cancel your membership they just keep sending - and she didn't know until she checked her credit card statement. Just thought I would give a heads up to anyone who is subscribed.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Shakeology is just another diet gimmick. Try going vegetarian/vegan and get moving. That's all it takes. Stop making these people rich. Research shows that the majority of those who do anything different never learn to eat whole foods, and make healthy choices, resulting in going back to their old ways and regaining the weight.

http://www.sharecare.com/health/nutrition-and-weight-loss/is-shakeology-safe-effective-weight-loss-option

This site will give expert advice on this way of losing weight.

Just eat REAL food folks. Stay away from GMO's!
    Ugh, going vegan is just as much of a gimmick as Shakeology.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    You just do what works for you.. I use shakeology form time to time.. The chocolate is my favorite.. almond milk, banana and natural peanut butter is heaven in my vitamix.

Congrats on your weight loss and don't let what others say discourage you..If you like it, can afford it..keep using it..
  • MsValerieAnne
    MsValerieAnne Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your review. I have been thinking of trying Shakeology, but it's too expensive for me, so I've been looking around ebay for cheap sample packets, as I'd like to try all the flavors. So, your review has helped me in wanting to continue the search! I'll be on the look out for recipes as well depending on if I can find samples or not =)
  • Guamybear
    Options
    I was at the post office yesterday and saw someone shipping back 3 boxes of Shakeology. Apparently when cancel your membership they just keep sending - and she didn't know until she checked her credit card statement. Just thought I would give a heads up to anyone who is subscribed.

I cancelled mine and it all stopped..she probably just had a bad rep.. any time you cancel a reoccurring transaction you should always check up on it..
  • megvonnahme
    Options
    How do you figure, and what credible resource do you have to back up that statement?
  • shamika1010
    Options
    this was EXTREMELY helpful. Thank you!
  • sunrunnergal
    Options
    My Shakeology take - not a coach, love it, and love real food. But, when I'm at work, I don't have time to prepare a fully functional healthy whole foods meal. Quick, easy, good for you, and yummy...done. And, sold. I was keeping groceries in the office fridge at work and yeah, that's cool...but I personally love the ease of the go to shake.

Or, in the am, if I'm RUSHING out the door - I know I can get to work and BAM! There's my personal blender and my work stash of ShakeO.

Considering becoming a coach for the discount, but I recognize it's a pyramid scheme. So...meh.

By the way, I disliked the chocolate, but a coach friend sold me a bag at a huge discount. (She went vegan, and so wanted to unload her chocolate.) I went ahead and tried the vanilla and got hooked. Just got my first bag of greenberry yesterday...dude, sorry, I love it. Literally couldn't wait for my mid day shake. New Strawberry is coming next month.

Some of you are awfully snotty about "omg, don't be stupid...eat real food!"
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,708 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for this review. As a personal trainer considering offering Shakeology to my clients, it's important to me to get unbiased input. -Addie
    If you're using a meal replacement shake for clients as a PT, then you're doing them a disservice since the focus should be how to teach them how to EAT sensibly.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Guamybear
    Options
    My Shakeology take - not a coach, love it, and love real food. But, when I'm at work, I don't have time to prepare a fully functional healthy whole foods meal. Quick, easy, good for you, and yummy...done. And, sold. I was keeping groceries in the office fridge at work and yeah, that's cool...but I personally love the ease of the go to shake.

Or, in the am, if I'm RUSHING out the door - I know I can get to work and BAM! There's my personal blender and my work stash of ShakeO.

Considering becoming a coach for the discount, but I recognize it's a pyramid scheme. So...meh.

By the way, I disliked the chocolate, but a coach friend sold me a bag at a huge discount. (She went vegan, and so wanted to unload her chocolate.) I went ahead and tried the vanilla and got hooked. Just got my first bag of greenberry yesterday...dude, sorry, I love it. Literally couldn't wait for my mid day shake. New Strawberry is coming next month.

Some of you are awfully snotty about "omg, don't be stupid...eat real food!"

^^^^
    Is how i use it.. more of a convenience then necessity..
  • 021806sw
    021806sw Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    All I can say is thank you. :):happy:
  • estreng
    Options
    does anyone have a good recipe for the vanilla shake?