From 461# couch potato to 225# marathoner (pic eavy)

Options

Replies

• Boingo1
    Boingo1 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That is truly amazing, I love that you were inspired by the love of your wife.

Beautiful story!!!
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I realized on March 22, 2012, that my unhealthy lifestyle was not only affecting me, it was affecting my wife. I attribute my faith in God to being the turning point in my life. I felt like God was revealing to me that I was being selfish and inconsiderate by continuing the habits that contributed to my morbid obesity. I was cheating years off of my life, but more importantly, I was cheating my wife of years off of our marriage. That morning I woke up with a new mindset- I was going to change my lifestyle so I could spend many more quality years with her, and I experienced the hope and passion I needed to do so.
    You're story is amazing!!! So happy for you! I especially liked reading that you found your strength in God and the love of your wife.
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! What an inspiration. Congratulations on your weight loss and your running accomplishments.
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    So incredibly amazing!!! You are a ROCK star!!!!! Woo hoo!!
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Bump to read later
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Just unbelievable. I can't imagine how difficult it must have been before. Do you wake up and have to pinch yourself sometimes?
  • HanamiDango
    HanamiDango Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Thank you for the inspiration.
  • 30lbstoloose
    30lbstoloose Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WOW! i had tears in my eyes while reading your thread. Great inspiration!
  • Jocosase
    Jocosase Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am speachless. Awesome job. Thanks for the inspiration.
  • tristaj90
    tristaj90 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    You're absolutely amazing. Proud of you for losing weight the right way. Keep it up!
  • nikifavorido
    nikifavorido Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well done to you :). Such an inspiration to us who also have a long way to go and a lot to lose. Shows that with determination, exercise and healthy eating, you can accomplish anything. :)
  • davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Thanks for sharing. :flowerforyou:
  • ckhardeman
    ckhardeman Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good job you look awesome
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    wow congratulations, what an amazing story. I will be running my first Half Marathon in March
  • faefaith
    faefaith Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Wow! This is amazing! Congrats!! :D
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Absolutely PHENOMENAL!! You are such an inspiration!!
  • RunConquerCelebrate
    RunConquerCelebrate Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    wow congratulations, what an amazing story. I will be running my first Half Marathon in March
  • wilmaln
    wilmaln Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are amazing! Great job! And even great will power!
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    So much about your story is amazing and wonderful! Your commitment to yourself and to your wife is outstanding! You truly inspire hope. Thank you for sharing your story and good luck to you in your future.
  • abrodniak
    abrodniak Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! I really needed to see a story like this today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!