MFP Confession Booth

Options

Replies

• Dewymorning
    Dewymorning Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    I ate ice cream even though I knew I was already over on calories.

I need to make my bed.
  • whynot5
    whynot5 Posts: 266
    Options
    In celebration of Kevin Durant's career high 54 points, I may have eaten a career high 54 billion calories.
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    I have a MFP crush. Blah.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I have a MFP crush. Blah.
    Oh, no...
  • Cool_Ginger
    Cool_Ginger Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I confess I only ate one meal today and it involved tater-tot nachos and a buffalo chicken eggroll... I'm still under calories for the day but now I'm hungry. :noway:
  • DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I have to confess that I'm desperately craving another Big Tasty burger from McDonalds. Had my first one ever last week.......it was soooo good :sad:
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    @ bd0027 Go ahead and ask whynot5 out. From what I hear he's pretty popular, but I'm sure he will make room for one... or two more... :devil: :wink:
  • Clovergirl143
    Clovergirl143 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Where to start...

10 Honest Feelings from a Morbidly Obese Woman

1) I don't believe we are born hating our bodies or ourselves, but are taught to. I grew up as always being the 'fat girl', the one few kids in elementary school would be friends with because it would jeopardize their chances at being popular.

2) I used to love being outside as a little girl, and would rather be outside than in; I would stay out until I heard my Mom call me in for dinner, loving the way the sun felt on my skin and the wind on my face. Until I grew older, and was taught by my peers to hate myself, to hate my body, to feel shame for just existing. I slowly began to like playing inside; Inside, where i could hide my shame behind the four walls around me, Where those same peers who so ruthlessly made fun of my body and my name wouldn't have to be inconvenienced by being reminded that I was alive.

3) In my old house, in the bathroom, was a full length mirror. I remember the first time I really took the time to study myself in it, pleading with the mirror to show me the parts of my body that weren't worthy, so that somehow I could rip them out of me so that others might see me for who I knew...believed...thought...I was. The mirror never answered my pleas, never pointed those parts out to me.

4) I remember the first time I realized that a man wanted me, wanted my body; It frightened me. It was too new, too brash, too sudden, and yet I wanted it too. I wanted to jump headfirst over that cliff and feel what it was like to be wanted. I felt feelings I never knew existed roar into life like a newly built engine in a Ferrari turning over for the first time. And then he left, gone like another man I had once known, who had taught me that I was faulty from birth, that I was a mistake, that I was never wanted.

5) I began to crave that feeling of being wanted, sinking into a depression when I wasn't 'with' someone. I described many times how people didn't know the real me unless I was in love, as if my whole being was somehow lesser if I didn't have a boyfriend.

6) I began to turn to food to help me cope with my self-hatred; Food never turned away, never cringed at the thought of being brought close to my body; Food never told me that I was a mistake, never hurt me like so many others had. Or so I thought. Until many years later when my New Years resolution changed from 'being skinny' to 'being healthy' and I realized just how much Food was hurting me. How much I depending on food to insulate me from the world and it's cruelties, and it did just that, in a layer of fat that made my doctor let the words 'Morbidly Obese' roll off his tongue when speaking to me as a Senior in high school, who had just found out that her body had just turned a corner over 300 lbs. Part of me died that day. The little girl who loved feeling the sun on her skin, the wind on her face, the girl who loved being outside more than anything, died that day.

7) I have never had good judgement when it came to men. I almost wrote 'luck', but there is no luck in love, only judgement of character, whether true or faulty. I always chose those who 'wanted' me, who would take what I had to offer, who I thought would love me. And for a while I thought they did. Life was rainbows and puppies and sunshine that felt like something was missing; Until I found out that there was no love there, only use, like a favorite toy until it become old and stale to be thrown to the bottom of the toy box when the next greatest toy comes along.

8) I finally chose to stand up for myself when one of those 'men' tried to tell me what I could or could not believe. I told him I was 'Sorry, but this is something I have to do for me', as if choosing something for myself, perhaps for the first time ever, was something I should have been ashamed of, something I should have to apologize for. It felt like someone lit a match behind me in a pitch-dark room, only the slightest hint of light, the barest trace of the gloom lifting, but my eyes still saw it, and my heart and soul reach out to grab that light like it was life raft.

9) I chose more things for myself, and spent years 'alone' and didn't feel depressed about it. I learned that my self worth was not tied to how 'bangable' my peers thought I was, or how small of a size pair of jeans I could squeeze into. My worth as a woman was not tied to what I looked like on the outside, but how worthy I made myself on the inside.

10) Today, I love the sun hitting my skin, the wind on my face, and I love being outside on cool days where I can see that everything around me that I once thought was ugly is really beautiful. Today, I control what and how much goes on my plate, it does not control me. Today, I no longer hate my body; Some days, I even love it. Today, I can share myself with people and not automatically brace myself for them eventually leaving me. Today, I can hear people say that I'm 'Fat', and walk away like it doesn't hurt me. Some days, I actually mean it. Today, I don't see myself as being powerless over my life, I don't feel afraid to take chances for fear of failure or being hurt. Today, my loudest critics are not the other children in my class, but my own voice in my head. Today, I still feel that old addiction to food scratching at my door. Sometimes, I still let it in. Today, I have a mirror in my room and I look in it daily and tell myself "I Love You''; Some days, I even mean it.

Amanda
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    im on the verge of getting off this sofa and starting insanity again if it kills me or not ! lol
  • healthybodyhealthylife
    Options
    I often lie to my fiance about exercising xD He thinks I exercise less than I actually do

I eat a lot of white bread

I'm really dehydrated right now but cba to drink water *oh the horror*

I secretly eye up all the ladies waist-to-hip ratio in the gym coz I'm a total pervert

I have a degree, a diploma and a driving theory test to be studying for but I'm on MFP forums doing nothing productive
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    The majority of my calories during Sunday's games will be alcoholic. Not sorry.
  • walterclark1221
    walterclark1221 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I went over my calorie limit yesterday and said nothing to noooo one! I even ate a 1/2 box of cheez Its. Today I'm back on track....Hope I don't have no or many more days like that
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Where to start...

10 Honest Feelings from a Morbidly Obese Woman

1) I don't believe we are born hating our bodies or ourselves, but are taught to. I grew up as always being the 'fat girl', the one few kids in elementary school would be friends with because it would jeopardize their chances at being popular.

2) I used to love being outside as a little girl, and would rather be outside than in; I would stay out until I heard my Mom call me in for dinner, loving the way the sun felt on my skin and the wind on my face. Until I grew older, and was taught by my peers to hate myself, to hate my body, to feel shame for just existing. I slowly began to like playing inside; Inside, where i could hide my shame behind the four walls around me, Where those same peers who so ruthlessly made fun of my body and my name wouldn't have to be inconvenienced by being reminded that I was alive.

3) In my old house, in the bathroom, was a full length mirror. I remember the first time I really took the time to study myself in it, pleading with the mirror to show me the parts of my body that weren't worthy, so that somehow I could rip them out of me so that others might see me for who I knew...believed...thought...I was. The mirror never answered my pleas, never pointed those parts out to me.

4) I remember the first time I realized that a man wanted me, wanted my body; It frightened me. It was too new, too brash, too sudden, and yet I wanted it too. I wanted to jump headfirst over that cliff and feel what it was like to be wanted. I felt feelings I never knew existed roar into life like a newly built engine in a Ferrari turning over for the first time. And then he left, gone like another man I had once known, who had taught me that I was faulty from birth, that I was a mistake, that I was never wanted.

5) I began to crave that feeling of being wanted, sinking into a depression when I wasn't 'with' someone. I described many times how people didn't know the real me unless I was in love, as if my whole being was somehow lesser if I didn't have a boyfriend.

6) I began to turn to food to help me cope with my self-hatred; Food never turned away, never cringed at the thought of being brought close to my body; Food never told me that I was a mistake, never hurt me like so many others had. Or so I thought. Until many years later when my New Years resolution changed from 'being skinny' to 'being healthy' and I realized just how much Food was hurting me. How much I depending on food to insulate me from the world and it's cruelties, and it did just that, in a layer of fat that made my doctor let the words 'Morbidly Obese' roll off his tongue when speaking to me as a Senior in high school, who had just found out that her body had just turned a corner over 300 lbs. Part of me died that day. The little girl who loved feeling the sun on her skin, the wind on her face, the girl who loved being outside more than anything, died that day.

7) I have never had good judgement when it came to men. I almost wrote 'luck', but there is no luck in love, only judgement of character, whether true or faulty. I always chose those who 'wanted' me, who would take what I had to offer, who I thought would love me. And for a while I thought they did. Life was rainbows and puppies and sunshine that felt like something was missing; Until I found out that there was no love there, only use, like a favorite toy until it become old and stale to be thrown to the bottom of the toy box when the next greatest toy comes along.

8) I finally chose to stand up for myself when one of those 'men' tried to tell me what I could or could not believe. I told him I was 'Sorry, but this is something I have to do for me', as if choosing something for myself, perhaps for the first time ever, was something I should have been ashamed of, something I should have to apologize for. It felt like someone lit a match behind me in a pitch-dark room, only the slightest hint of light, the barest trace of the gloom lifting, but my eyes still saw it, and my heart and soul reach out to grab that light like it was life raft.

9) I chose more things for myself, and spent years 'alone' and didn't feel depressed about it. I learned that my self worth was not tied to how 'bangable' my peers thought I was, or how small of a size pair of jeans I could squeeze into. My worth as a woman was not tied to what I looked like on the outside, but how worthy I made myself on the inside.

10) Today, I love the sun hitting my skin, the wind on my face, and I love being outside on cool days where I can see that everything around me that I once thought was ugly is really beautiful. Today, I control what and how much goes on my plate, it does not control me. Today, I no longer hate my body; Some days, I even love it. Today, I can share myself with people and not automatically brace myself for them eventually leaving me. Today, I can hear people say that I'm 'Fat', and walk away like it doesn't hurt me. Some days, I actually mean it. Today, I don't see myself as being powerless over my life, I don't feel afraid to take chances for fear of failure or being hurt. Today, my loudest critics are not the other children in my class, but my own voice in my head. Today, I still feel that old addiction to food scratching at my door. Sometimes, I still let it in. Today, I have a mirror in my room and I look in it daily and tell myself "I Love You''; Some days, I even mean it.

Amanda

I think my heart stopped during the reading of this post. Never have I read someone else's words relate so whole to how I have felt most of my life. Never have I had the eloquent verb-age to express myself so whole. This post took a tremendous amount of courage and thought. I am so proud of you for what you have accomplished with yourself. You know it is funny, you took a year off, I took nine off, lost over a hundred pounds and still have not figured out how to look at myself in the mirror or think I would be wanted. What is even more amazing is that I know I am kind, generous, smart , and loving but yet I still think in my head that no one would want to be with me because of how I look. I don't know if this is true, I don't know if anyone will ever feel lucky to be with me, I try to keep the crazy inside of my head...lol...but its there and the self doubt is as well. thank you for the post
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    In celebration of Kevin Durant's career high 54 points, I may have eaten a career high 54 billion calories.

:laugh: :laugh:

Does that include 9 billion in 75 seconds, when he hit those three 3's?
  • bd0027
    bd0027 Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    Oh, no...

I knoooow! I've been thinking "oh, no..." for a while now lol. It sucks.
    @ bd0027 Go ahead and ask whynot5 out. From what I hear he's pretty popular, but I'm sure he will make room for one... or two more...

If he was the guy I was referring to, I would have asked to hang a long time ago. (;
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    Oh, no...

I knoooow! I've been thinking "oh, no..." for a while now lol. It sucks.

Tsk tsk tsk. girl. Lol.

Mmmmmkayyy... My "confession".. I'm getting pretty pissed off that my body no longer allows me to sleep past a certain time.
    ONCE AGAIN, woke up.. Too early. Work is going to blow. So much.
  • olivia_june
    olivia_june Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I had a cookies & cream cupcake today AND a latte, which was a bad decision but I only regret the latte.....the cupcake was so much better hahaha.
  • NatalieG525
    NatalieG525 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My weekend has consisted of rubbish food and alcohol, and now i'm too hungover to workout, and i'll have put on weight this week!
  • victal
    victal Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I have just bought a really expensive handbag now my husbands guna be done for murder!!!!
  • Sinisterly
    Options
    I have just bought a really expensive handbag now my husbands guna be done for murder!!!!
    Bahahahaha.. Let it rain, girl. Let it rain :tongue: