3 Ingredient Cookies that are good for you.....YES!!!

Options

Replies

• Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Bump. :love:
  • DeliriumCanBeFun
    DeliriumCanBeFun Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    These are amazing! I make different sized batches depending on how many bananas I have, and I do 1/3 cup dry uncooked oats per banana. I've never actually eaten them without adding at least one or two other ingredients. My faves are mini dark chocolate chips and sunflower seeds. They are not crunchy at all, more on the chewy side. And they don't rise or spread when they bake, so you need to shape and flatten them before. I used to make them 2 Tbs size and bake for 15 minutes, but it's easier to make 1/4 cup size and bake for 20 minutes. They refrigerate well and are good cold, which is good because they mold within a few days otherwise. I'm looking forward to trying some of the other mix in ideas I've seen here.
  • MJ1975CA
    Options
    I make these often-Make sure the bananas are RIPE! Use quick oats. I add chocolate chips and they are 99 calories for two.
    skinnytaste.com calls them breakfast cookies I think? Also, do not overcook them! When they are barely brown take them out and let them cool. Mine look more like a blob than a cookie (my daughter said they looked like hay stacks?)
  • purple180
    purple180 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cicisiam
    cicisiam Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Excellent, will have to try. TY
    Just discovered a delicious recipe for Oatmeal Cookies using 3 ingredients AND THEY ARE GOOOOOOOD!!

2 brown banana’s (Browner, the sweeter)
    1.5 cups of oatmeal (I like the original whole oats, but instant will work too)
    Dash of cinnamon

Optional add ins: (Which I do)
    Handful of chopped walnuts
    Handful of Chocolate chips or Raisins/berries

Mash the banana’s and oatmeal together so they are well mixed, add your goodies and bake on 350 F for 15 minutes. Excellent hot and cold! They should make a dozen and portion out the calories based on what you put in. I usually eat 1-2 about 15min before my workout in the morning and it's an excellent boost so that I'm not hungry during my cardio. :)

Other natural easy yummy recipes out there?

Edited--Oh, forgot to add, they are good right out of the oven, but they are also real good out of the fridge.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah, I'm going to try these.

I make protein balls with:

30gr protein powder
    30gr flaxseed meal
    140gr peanut butter
    1 tablespoon honey
    25gr dark choc chips (optional)

Just mix it all together and roll into 14 balls. You can also roll them in coconut but the PB I used (freshly made at the healthfood shop, nothing but peanuts) doesn't make the mix wet enough for the coconut to stick.
  • Sounds amazing!! Thanks so much! :)
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    I made these today and was pretty disappointed by them. Even after I mixed them thoroughly, they wouldn't stick together. The ones I added craisins to fell apart when I was trying to take them off the cookie sheet, and the banana taste overpowered everything else. I tried a piece of one again a little while ago and decided to toss them because I know I won't eat them. The chocolate chip ones are a little better, but still a weird consistency.

I make what I call breakfast cookies with a similar base, but then I add peanut butter, unsweetened applesauce, and protein powder, and those were so much better than these. I'll stick to that recipe from now on.
  • debbiezag
    debbiezag Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • WrenEileen
    Options
    thanks!!!
  • smurfbaker
    smurfbaker Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Going to give it a whirl thanks
  • reneeb816
    reneeb816 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Try adding some unsweetened applesauce. I always do and they've never been dry! Sometimes I also add peanut butter chips. :love:

Just be warned that these aren't traditional cookies so don't bite into it expecting a burst of sugar.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    those do sound yummy, thank you for sharing.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    Sounds nasty. I was unaware that "regular" oatmeal cookies were somehow bad for you ...
  • madmamaontherun
    madmamaontherun Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Going to try these tnx
  • mteague277
    mteague277 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I make these all of the time. They're great!
  • Jesstruhan
    Jesstruhan Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Nudging the post to find it again later!
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Thanks, Oatmeal are my favorite!
  • bridgieNZ
    bridgieNZ Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Thanks I'll be giving these a try, I didn't expect much from the Stuffed pancake (pic) No wheat/grains post (bananas & egg) but tried it yesterday and it was great so keen to try this
  • cyndiwilliams1198
    cyndiwilliams1198 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    :drinker: