Okay...big shoulders...

Options

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,503 Member
    Options
    Unless you're training with progress overload and on a calorie surplus, building muscle in the shoulders with what you do for a workout isn't going to happen.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    I love how people are all being rude. Okay yea, I'm a woman, I don't want to lift giant weights. Most men, normal men do not find that attractive, sorry! I know for a fact. In college I took study's, mass study's about body types, face types, ect ect. Also, the most important thing, my husband is not attracted to it!

What you've said is extremely offensive. Plenty of men-- find me, along with the vast majority of other women that lift heavy weights attractive.

Bring on the giant weights!

...and I am glad you know for a fact.... pffft.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Oh this thread.. again? Just stay fat OP. Leave the weights for us. :yawn:
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    Yeah, OP, there are some very sexy women in this thread. Maybe worry less about your 5lb weight messing up your curves and someday you may even join them.

Oh, and for the record, this was a rude comment. You seem to have trouble differentiating them.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    She is just voicing her opinion. In her opinion she doesn't want to look muscular. That's fine. Some women are like that. My mom is too. I'm sure she means no offense to others who want to look that way. She just wants a different type of shape. Lay off peeps. :grumble:
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    I love how people are all being rude. Okay yea, I'm a woman, I don't want to lift giant weights. Most men, normal men do not find that attractive, sorry! I know for a fact. In college I took study's, mass study's about body types, face types, ect ect. Also, the most important thing, my husband is not attracted to it!

Are you saying I'm abnormal? Interesting....
  • a_stronger_me13
    a_stronger_me13 Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    She is just voicing her opinion. In her opinion she doesn't want to look muscular. That's fine. Some women are like that. My mom is too. I'm sure she means no offense to others who want to look that way. She just wants a different type of shape. Lay off peeps. :grumble:

OP fails to comprehend what it actually takes to get muscular. Also, she decided to speak for the majority of the male population and spout off "facts" that simply aren't true... that goes well beyond voicing her opinion.
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    My shoulders have gotten broader since heavy lifting. But my waist has narrowed, my butt has firmed and rounded, my legs and arms are more defined. And really, I was never going to fit into a small shirt due to height and boob size, so I'm ok with broader shoulders, given the rest.
  • randomtai
    Options

You don't get muscular without trying.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    <
    I lift heavy weights regularly. Tell me more about how huge and unattractive I am. :sad:
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

Everything in this entire statement is rude...not to mention on your profile you mention you are doing this so your kids don't think it's okay to be fat and lazy...

Your female..you don't have the testosterone levels to get bulky without a supplement...News Flash..if you want to be strong you have to lift heavy things and strengthen those muscles...Heavy for you may be a 3lb weight...either way it has to cause some resistance.

Also what Tai said..you don't get muscular without trying...a little resistance will just tone..not bulk
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options

But she basically said men who like muscular women are not normal. So great job of a) making muscular women feel unattractive; and b) shaming men who find them attractive.

My guess is the OP is a child. Either in age or in emotional maturity. It's hard to be offended by such daftness.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options

But she basically said men who like muscular women are not normal. So great job of a) making muscular women feel unattractive; and b) shaming men who find them attractive.

My guess is the OP is a child. Either in age or in emotional maturity. It's hard to be offended by such daftness.

Well....I mean MY HUSBAND really isn't normal...I may not have married him if he was..LOL
  • calibriintx
    calibriintx Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options

Seriously?

tumblr_m7tsd9Y8Or1roh0hs.gif
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Opinions are like a-holes everyone's got one and most of them stink!
  • gigglybeth
    gigglybeth Posts: 365 Member
    Options

So she can voice her opinion that muscular women are unattractive, men who find them attractive are not "normal" and that lifting 5 pound dumb bells is going to make her shoulders massive, but we cannot tell her our opinion of her opinion?

Got it.

sw77ls.gif
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options

So she can voice her opinion that muscular women are unattractive, men who find them attractive are not "normal" and that lifting 5 pound dumb bells is going to make her shoulders massive, but we cannot tell her our opinion of her opinion?

Got it.

sw77ls.gif

It just seems like she's being ganged up on. :cry:
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to say that your shoulder width is determined by your clavicle bone, if you're an adult, your shoulders are as broad as they are getting. If you want them to appear smaller, get rid of that excess arm fat, lift weights to keep toned. Or you can eat lots and hope your waist gets bigger, then no one will notice your shoulders. =)
  • randomtai
    Options

It just seems like she's being ganged up on. :cry:

Then she probably shouldn't have insulted a whole cross section of women and the men who like them.
  • MrsMRo220
    MrsMRo220 Posts: 62 Member
    Options

You seem to have a misconception that touching a weight is going to make you huge and buff. It's just annoying to hear stuff like that. There's people here, both women and men, who've been lifting heavy weights and dieting for months, if not years, yet they still aren't anywhere near where they want to be. It's nowhere near as easy as you think.

Okay well great good to hear. However I don't think people should be rude. And should not ..to the women above, take the internet THAT seriously. Anyways it was a question..that's what this site is for, support, not attacking people. I was basically giving information I found from a very big study that I was involved in.
This discussion has been closed.