No has noticed... :-(

Options

Replies

• sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    It is very noticeable.... but people probably don't want to make a big deal out of it so they don't embarass you. They might be of the mind saying something like "wow you lost weight, you look great" is a backhanded way of saying "you were kinda fat before". Either way... you do it for you, not them. Great job :)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i can see you've done very well. keep it up.
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    well I think you look amazing! I don't see how anyone hasn't said anything to you! Did they know you were trying to lose weight?
  • jennifer_a00
    jennifer_a00 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great job, very noticeable!
  • KarenGMT
    Options
    You look great! There's a definite difference.

I'm certain *everyone* who sees you on a regular basis has noticed, but they're just not commenting. People are funny that way.
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Looks more than 25 to me :-) You must have lost it in the right places, well done mate. Keep up the good work
  • p4ulmiller
    p4ulmiller Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You look good fella.

A couple of tips:
    1. Wear better fitting clothes. You look good so you should show it off.
    2. I found the most visible weight loss was between 220lb and 200lb. If you are not in that range, it might be less obvious.
    3. If you see these people every day, then they won't have the benefit of the before & after.
  • clarebailey355
    clarebailey355 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Most definitely noticeable, well done!

I've found that people who see me all the time - friends, family, colleagues, don't tend to comment as it's not so obvious when it's a gradual process and they're watching you go through it. I find it's people I haven't seen for a while who notice and mention it. Eventually people do notice and will be amazed at the difference.

Don't let it deter you, keep up the good work!
  • donnat238
    donnat238 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Totally noticeable! You look great.
  • SanDoThis
    Options
    WOW! you look great! Yeah its noticeable but like others have said here some people get jealous and choose not to talk about it! But I have to admit that when people do notice it is a good motivator to keep going! Anyhow everyone here noticed and I say keep going and you will reach your goal at no time. Time to tell myself the same thing too now! Well done!!!
  • newjojie
    newjojie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has said anything. You can definitely see a difference. Looking good!
  • page8040
    page8040 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    The only person who hasn't noticed that is Stevie Wonder. I really think it could be a gender gap. If you were a woman, all of your woman friends would have commented. I can only assume that it's not really something dudes talk about unless the dudes in question are the type who spend all day talking about protein and lifting. You look awesome. Keep fighting the good fight!
  • scottalanlong
    scottalanlong Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Usually somewhere between a 20-30 lb loss is when I have had people comment. Very noticeable in your pics. In my experience it takes guys much longer to comment/notice, with guys being usually less observant/communicative to begin with.
  • dpwaltman03
    dpwaltman03 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Dude, I can see a huge difference. Probably the first person to say anything will be a person who has not seen you in a while and notices the huge change right away. It is ironic that often the people who see you every day do not notice as a change goes along little by little... but then all of a sudden they look at an old picture and notice it. Keep up the good work and all will be well.
  • SCV34
    SCV34 Posts: 2,048 Member
    Options
    Your twenty five pound weight loss is noticable for sure. You look great and you lost the weight in your gut.

I have a customer where I work that has lost thirty pounds and it is noticable too.
    Yesterday he showed me a picture of his weight from his weigh in, I didn't ask to see it but he showed me anyway. It's like he wanted us to say something so he brought it to our attention and we made a big deal about it(because it is)! Now we will be sure and ask how he is doing with his weight loss journey.

So maybe you should engage in conversation about the weight loss so far and see the reactions from people.
  • ada284
    ada284 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am very inspired by your results :) Welldone.
  • rocketblaster
    rocketblaster Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Must be that the ladies are hoping you'll talk to them first that's why their not saying anything, you look great! Anyone who knows you must have noticed!!
  • airplanes00
    airplanes00 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    First of all, you look great!!

I am sure people have noticed, in fact everyone that knows you has. There could be two things going on here:

1) They are JEALOUS! Some people do not like complimenting the hard work of others because they themselves need to lose weight or are not happy with their own bodies.

2) It is hard to say "you look amazing, you've lost weight!" sometimes because that is implying that the person did not look amazing before the weight loss. It is difficult to find the right words without saying you used to be fat and now you are not, so some people tend to just keep their mouth shuts in fear of insulting you.

Regardless of what people say or think, you should be proud of yourself!

I agree its a touchy topic, I am always worried that I might hurt someone's feeling so I say you look great like you lost weight, not that you needed to but you look great. I mean I know personally as I am going through and have gone through before, my own weight lose journey that I loved when people told me I looked great, I was working hard and glad it was showing. But still I do the whole dance around with others. Just wait soon you'll start to hear your losing too much and then your be just as aggravated LOL. Sometime when people are Jealous too you'll notice they say nothing until they say "your too skinny now". Hopefully you have a close friend or family member who is watching you go through this journey and is supporting you all the way, and in the end that's (and how you feel about you) is all that matters.
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Must be that the ladies are hoping you'll talk to them first that's why their not saying anything, you look great! Anyone who knows you must have noticed!!

OK I am totally going with this one!
  • robyntennyson
    Options
    Seriously?? No one? How can they not?? There is such a huge change!! You be proud of your success!! and you look great! Keep up the good work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!