No has noticed... :-(

Options

Replies

• rcloyd5
    rcloyd5 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Apparently all of your friends must not see well. You look amazing! Keep it up! :)
  • jmapes9
    jmapes9 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Seriously, it looks like you've lost a LOT more than 23 pounds.
  • kaylorraine44
    kaylorraine44 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    It took me losing about 40 pounds for anyone to say anything and I'm 4'11!
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    Well I am doing really well. I feel good and think I look better. I am close to 25 pounds down, another 25 and I will be very happy with myself. I am just a bit bummed no one has commented. So now I look to you guys.. ha. I am not that concerned because I do this for myself, but some positive comments would be nice to see. How long does that take? Or do people just not want to say anything? Or just not that noticeable yet? thanks folks!

Apparently I can't read as my topic suggests.. Yikes.

32385725_7689.jpg

Wow! You look great and I cannot believe you haven't received any kudos! keep up the good work and share your tips if you have them:)

Thank you. As for tips, here it is, I am not so good at all the technical stuff, but take it for what it's worth. I am such an all or nothing kind of guy. I just did it. No more excuses, no more whining, no more feeling sorry for myself. MFP has been awesome. I pretty much stick to it as best I can. I try to walk 1 hour (5-6 km) at least 4 times a week. Eat more plant based and cut down on sugars, processed foods, and meat. Juicing, I am juicing and loving it. That is it. This may sound harsh to many, I don't mean to sound like that, but I has really been easy. Yes I have gone to bed hungry, yes I think about food a lot, yes I don't care to exercise. Just do it.

I also know I have a long way to go and can falter still. That is why it is uncomfortable to talk with coworkers and friends about losing weight. Lord I have failed before, but I feel more confident this time around.

One last thing, if you have a really bad day, I have learned to not worry about it and get back on track the next day. This one has been huge for me, as last time around I would beat myself up and quit!

One one more last last thing. I have also learned when I have worked my *kitten* off and hop on the scale and I go up in weight. Again, not to worry, if you keep doing it it will fall off. I usually find the next week I will be down.
    Hope this helps someone????
  • tinamariecleg
    tinamariecleg Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! It's a huge difference
  • frankysgurl
    frankysgurl Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look great and I can definitely notice!! Keep up the good work :)
  • karenmcwilly53
    karenmcwilly53 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one's said anything to you! You look great, you can definately see a big difference. Keep up the good work and congratulations!!
  • denmark979
    denmark979 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Are you kidding? What an improvement!
  • sbk204
    sbk204 Posts: 16
    Options
    You look great!
  • starrylioness
    starrylioness Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has noticed! You look AMAZING!
  • jeardawg
    jeardawg Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think that your chops and tshirt intimidate people!!!
    No seriously you look great!
    :laugh:
  • latepaul
    latepaul Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    No-one noticed or no-one said anything?

The first time I lost weight I didn't tell anyone I was doing it (OK, one close friend) and it took 6 months and 75lbs before anyone commented!

Partly I put this down to working in a mostly male environment and blokes not talking about this stuff as much. Also I had one guy, after I mentioned it, who told me that he'd noticed but didn't want to say anything in case I was ill.
  • SchroederNJ
    SchroederNJ Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    definitely noticeable --- great job
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I don't exactly know how true this is, but it makes sense. (copy/paste it into the URL bar)
    http://lh4.ggpht.com/-yI7WuF0yxzY/UUuA5r_WYsI/AAAAAAAAEwY/m1kBZFo6laE/it%2520takes%25204%2520weeks%2520for%2520you%2520to%2520notice%2520your%2520weight%2520loss-tile_thumb%255B2%255D.jpg?imgmax=800

They've probably noticed though because DANG, you've definitely made progress, but they're trying to pinpoint the difference. I've noticed when I drop 10 pounds (this isn't my first go 'round), I hear "You look different. Great, but different." No one can put their finger on it. Or maybe they aren't sure how to approach it? Either way, you look great!
  • LosingExtraKristy
    LosingExtraKristy Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry no one has said anything. :noway: You look awesome!! :flowerforyou:
  • WeaponOfMassInstruction
    Options
    Dude, it is TOTALLY noticeable. Perhaps they are afraid to say something believing they may hurt feelings? Anyway, I WILL SAY SOMETHING. You definitely can tell the difference!
  • uberdilettante
    uberdilettante Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You kidding? From the photos, you're literally half the man you used to be!! Really inspirational!
  • baby_grl_martinez
    baby_grl_martinez Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Can't believe no one in your personal circle has commented on your weight loss. And looking at your profile pic I can't believe that this is the result of 25 lbs lost! Looks like a lot more. You look great, and you are right, keep doing it for you, cause that is all that matters. Congrats and good luck on your future goals.
  • Yesican5lb
    Options
    I can see the difference! I agree, I lost 25 lbs and nobody asked me if I lost weight. My grandma asked me if I were sick, because nobody knew I was trying to lose weight. They may not know that you are trying.

I had a coworker lose 40 lbs, I could tell but I was afraid to ask him. Then he told me he was on medifast and was frustrated that nobody noticed, I just told him, I could definitely see the difference.
  • jens_mission
    jens_mission Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You look great!!!! Hard work pays off. By the way, LOVE the WRIF!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!