How often do you eat at Subway

Options

Replies

• GEMMA_2014
    Options
    I don't eat fast food of any kind. My husband is a fast food junkie. I am a great cook so I cook.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    So, this is a lifestyle change, but avoid Subway. Got it!
    :/

Seriously though, I eat @ Subway 2-3x's a week. Had it yesterday and today for lunch. And, I'm pretty smokin' hot and it hasn't made me grow a third nipple or anything (yet)

So, you credit Subway as the reason why you find yourself "smoking hot" despite not having a third nipple?

You should right the company and let them know. You could be their next Jared!
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    maybe once or twice a year. I don't avoid it, it just has no pull to me, sandwiches are sub par and I can just do a better job at home. Although someone I know that has lost lots of weight ate at it like two to three times a day..not sure how but bless him he did, I think it was easy for portions for him and he did not cook.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    eugh never. hate it. markets itself as healthy when its anything but.

what parts about subway are unhealthy?

ETA: i eat there every once in awhile. if i get out of the gym before 10pm, i can pick it up and wash it down with my shake.
    i can double the grilled chicken for like a buck more, and their chipotle sauce is the bomb. yummmmm.
  • feltlikesound
    feltlikesound Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Once a week -- it is in the food court right in my building, so it is bound to happen. Always fits in my cals/macros, hasn't had a negative impact on my weight loss (at least not to me, as I am content with my rate of weight loss), and I like it, so it feels like a treat to not eat a packed lunch from home.

I don't see why it matters if you eat there for every meal or never, if YOU are feeling good, getting where you want to be, etc.
  • mmm_drop
    mmm_drop Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    During Janu-any, about once a week since $5 gets me two meals. Otherwise, not so often.
  • clayfield0813
    clayfield0813 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Subway is great, but if you get a footlong sub, it has more calories than a burger and fries. Just like anything, portions are important. You would think you could eat anything at subway. but that's not true. A 6" sub under the 6 grams of fat or less menu is the way to go.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    When considering eating at Subway, observe its customers for a little. Count the skinny folk going in and out their doors. Check it out, you might get a big surprise. Then ask yourself, what does that tell you?

Ask a nutritionist, the proper, qualified types who work at Dr's offices. They'll tell ya, LOUD and CLEAR.

All the stuff about questionable meat products, yeah, okay, but we humans are omnivores, maybe we kin manage some mystery meat, but cumulatively, it'll get ya.

The BIGGEST problem with Subway is all that Bread. Nothing but worthless carbs. If your diabetic profile is close to the edge-stay away from Subway.

If you're an elite athlete, needing carbs left and right, yer probably okay. If you are cubicle wage slave, keep out of Subway.

Of course, you can always eat better and cheaper at home, but truth is, we all find reasons not to do our own cooking. When we do eat at home, betcha that it's something out of a box or carton, right?

Me, I'm a tightwad, and a puir ole pensioner. Best food is at home. Up yer proteins, drop the carbs.

brendan

just a question - why on earth would you bump a year old thread with such terrible advice?
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Subway is great, but if you get a footlong sub, it has more calories than a burger and fries. Just like anything, portions are important. You would think you could eat anything at subway. but that's not true. A 6" sub under the 6 grams of fat or less menu is the way to go.

if youre talking about a mcdonalds regular burger and a value fries...then mayyyyybe.

even a footlong steak and cheese only clocks in at 740cals (before mayo), and packs 52gr of protein in there.

for comparable quantity, subway will murder the macros of any fast food burger joint.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

if youre talking about a mcdonalds regular burger and a value fries...then mayyyyybe.

even a footlong steak and cheese only clocks in at 740cals (before mayo), and packs 52gr of protein in there.

for comparable quantity, subway will murder the macros of any fast food burger joint.

If you are just comparing calories than yes but as Mr. Shank pointed out, nutritionally it isn't even close to Subway and lets be honest it's a much smaller quantity of food.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I don't eat fast food of any kind. My husband is a fast food junkie. I am a great cook so I cook.

I'm a great cook too, but I'm also lazy as haaayyyyl outside of my work out routine. So there's that.
  • sheenarama
    sheenarama Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Rarely... I actually like meat in my sandwiches.
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    sorry jimmy john's is better.....\m/
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    sorry jimmy john's is better.....\m/

This is true
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Cheaper to pack lunch but it's a great alternative to fried fast food when you are out.

I only eat there maybe once every month or two.
  • kickassketo
    kickassketo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    If you're doing low-carb, the egg sandwiches are pretty good. I just order it without any bread and use the egg as a way to contain the fillings. I get cheese and tons of spinach, some olives, a little bit of green pepper. Also, I get tuna fish on top of a salad sometimes. Not bad and it's pretty cheap.
  • mulchingoverwinter
    mulchingoverwinter Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I eat there way to much!!!! I love their BMT nom nom nom
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Subway's got nothin on Quizno's or DiBella's. But it's more convenient so I eat there pretty regularly.
  • skipfed
    skipfed Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I figure it is probably one of the better choices, instead of a burger, fried chicken, tacos, or pizza. You can eliminate the bread and have them make it as salad and that helps too. But I'll always consider making my own lunch better because I know exactly what goes into it. That being said, I don't make lunch nearly enough.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Once a week or so I'll have a buffalo chicken.