No has noticed... :-(

Options

Replies

• valerie58
    valerie58 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!! THATS ONLY 25 LBS???
  • MsLindaH
    MsLindaH Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Wow. It is definately noticable in the picture!
    I found it was around 30 pounds that people started to notice. When you are bigger to start with it takes more pounts off to be a marked difference.
    I am sure people have noticed. Some people who comment now say they are afraid they would offend me by commenting on my weight.. lol. And I do find it a little embarrassing when they ask how much I've lost. .. that I'm still way over weight after losing 43 pounds.. that I ever had that much extra weight to begin with!.. But I'm ok with it. Not a big deal. I like it when people acknowledge my efforts because it has NOT been easy! :-0
  • RoseGoldDinosaur
    RoseGoldDinosaur Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    YOU LOOK GREAT!

Give people the benefit of the doubt- maybe they noticed or thought they noticed but didn't want to be mistaken. Or maybe they're trying to be sensitive and let you bring it up first. Hey maybe the people in your life are struggling with their own weight issues and it's hard for them to talk about weight at all. Or maybe they've been stressed or panicked or otherwise self absorbed.

I'm sure your support team wants to be there for you. Take the first step and tell them you've been working really hard to lose weight. People will usually respond in kind with a "I thought you were looking slim!"

Regardless of their response, you are looking fantastic! And you always have a cheerleading squad here :drinker:
  • parkscs
    parkscs Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    You've gotta stop hanging out with blind people if you expect compliments OP. All joking aside, you're looking great man. Keep up the good work.
  • jnulph603
    jnulph603 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!!!
  • jkowula
    jkowula Posts: 447
    Options
    With all the positive feedback since posting your topping, did we all turn your frown upside down?

You have no idea! You folks have been soooo motivating! I appreciate each and every one of your comments. Thank You!
  • fionawilliamson
    fionawilliamson Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I can't believe no one has said anything to you - you look like you have lost weight to me :)
  • deekring
    deekring Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Learn to take a compliment, as I'm sure you will be getting many more. Just say "thank you". You look great and it's definitely noticeable.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I wonder, when you're not particularly young any more (like both of us), if people think it's possible we're sick or something rather than losing weight to get in shape. Looks to me like you're doing really well. Keep it up!

^THIS, plus if they note that you've lost weight, they have to admit they noticed you were overweight. And then that they might be overweight and need to do something too, because if you succeeded....
  • robinmmurphy3
    robinmmurphy3 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    There is ABSOLUTELY a difference! You are right....you ARE doing really well!! Keep up the good work!! CHEERS!
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I can't believe that's only 25 lbs! Looks like 50! You look great. Keep up the good work!
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised no one said anything to you....I see a huge difference...25 lbs. is a big loss on you! You look great!
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    It helps people to "notice" if you get some nice fitting jeans and a new shirt to match. :wink: For me personally, I notice IRL if am not around the person much. But if I see the same person every day (like work or whatever), then its really noticeable when they wear better-fitting clothes or new stuff. :bigsmile:

And yes I can definitely tell you've lost weight. :happy:
  • lighteningjeanne855
    lighteningjeanne855 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    You look great after 25 pounds lost!
    Perhaps folks would notice if you bought
    some clothes that FIT your new body!!!

Best wishes!
  • runningmary6
    runningmary6 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Dang, your friends may need their eyes checked. You can totally see the loss. Good work!
  • Olblueiiii
    Olblueiiii Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Seriously no one has said anything to you?
    You completely lost your gut!!!

Congratulations and keep on working! Looks to be a lot more than 25 lbs! No idea what you'll look like with another 25 down!

I agree that it looks like you've lost more than just 25 lbs. Remember that you're doing this for YOU. You're doing GREAT. Keep up the good work!
  • LessthanKris
    LessthanKris Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Is everyone you hang out with completely blind? You look amazing!
  • whovian67
    whovian67 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Being in the healthcare field, I can see why sometimes people may be afraid to say something about weight loss. Obese is bad but i always joked that I would stay plump in case I get put in a nursing home someday and then I'd lose weight no matter what.

Sometimes weight loss, in our minds, can be linked to something negative. Did you tell people your goals and what you wante dto accomplish? If not, they may think you have an illness like cancer) or something. I learned a long time ago... I asked a lady when her baby was due and she said "I'm NOT pregnant! She had liver failure and all her bump was in her abdomen from ascites. My bad..

You look FANTASTIC and have done really well. I've never even seen your pics before today. Great job. Amazing difference 25# makes, huh?? I think of it as extra turkeys hanging onto me (you are 2 turkeys down and 2 to go !!! :)
  • quksan
    quksan Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Seriously no one has said anything to you?
    You completely lost your gut!!!

Congratulations and keep on working! Looks to be a lot more than 25 lbs! No idea what you'll look like with another 25 down!
    Wow I can see the loss you look GREAT. Keep up the Great work. :wink:
  • crunchergirl
    crunchergirl Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    You can definitiely tell that you've lost weight. Congratulations and keep up the great work!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!