What to do with tuna

Options

Replies

• tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I mix in a little red wine vinegar, add diced onions and celery, a small bit of mayo, and spread it on a cracker called Finn Crisps. Yum!
  • tuffytuffy1
    tuffytuffy1 Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Oh, another recipe I think I got on Wegmans, add solid white tuna to bow tie pasta, and mix in fresh squeezed lemon juice, capers, sundried tomatoes, and a little bit of olive oil. Delicious!
  • MissyBrears
    MissyBrears Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump
  • BeCoco
    BeCoco Posts: 5
    Options
    Mix with a couple of table spoons of low calorie curry sauce, like jalfrezi :)
  • jeslaughter
    jeslaughter Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Tuna patties are where it's at. I don't have any clue what their calorie count is but here's what I do and it is delicious.

Open and drain several cans of tuna, empty tuna into mixing bowl.
    Open a pack of saltines and start crushing them over the tuna and mixing them in.
    Add an egg or two depending on how much tuna/crackers you are making.
    Eventually you get this mixture that you can form into balls, this is what you're looking for

Now heat up a non-stick pan and spray it with some no stick spray.
    Form a couple tuna patties and toss them in, browning them on each side.

These things are super delicious solo or with some peach mango salsa. I usually make quite a few all at once and toss the rest in the fridge. They reheat pretty well!

oh definitely going to try this one!!!
  • ConnorLynne65
    ConnorLynne65 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ashes304
    ashes304 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    this looks amazing. thanks for posting!
  • BethNel
    BethNel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Tuna Burgers are the best. Doesn't even really taste like tuna. No need for bread. Just dip each bite in salsa. Yum!

I make 4 patties and 1 serving is 2 patties. Calories for 2 patties is: 255.

Ingredients:
    1-5oz can tuna, drained (packed in water)
    1 egg
    2 tablespoons FF or low fat Parmesan cheese
    1 teaspoon mustard
    Dash of salt
    Dash of pepper
    1 tablespoon olive oil

Directions:
    Mix all ingredients well.
    Set aside for about 5 minutes to let the cheese be absorbed.
    Heat a skillet fairly hot and add olive oil.
    Drop tuna by heaping tablespoon into hot skillet. (I made four patties)
    Cover and let brown for about 3-4 minutes then turn and brown the other side.

* I also add either chopped Green peppers or chopped celery for added crunch and vegetables.
  • MissyBrears
    MissyBrears Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    that looks good
  • buddybopper
    Options
    I drain it thoroughly and put it on top of some spring mix, then drizzle a little EVOO and pink salt.
  • Jenn684
    Jenn684 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Ranimalove
    Options
    Mix it with GREEK yogurt instead of mayo for a healthy, protein-rich alternative. Add in whatever you love with it (celery, apples, pickles, beets, etc. anything crunchy!!), and season it. Then, instead of wrapping it up in a tortilla or putting it between two slices of bread, wrap it up in some strips of cucumber! Like so:

R8ZZ9td.jpg

Super healthy alternative to regular tuna salad on bread! :)
  • Najia203
    Najia203 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bestmeicanbe84
    bestmeicanbe84 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I make tuna salad with avocado instead of mayo. I sometimes add feta and it is yummy.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Nice! In for tuna ideas.

So far all I've done with it is make tuna salad for a sandwich or crackers. Tuna with mayo or greek yogurt, chopped celery, sweet pickle relish and sometimes I cut up grapes and add those as well. I've also eaten it on cucumber slices or stuffed into 4 inch celery sticks.

My mom used to make the tuna patties (with cracker and egg). I remember I used to love them!
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Ew. When I consider how many superpervs are on MFP this question makes me :sick: .
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Feed it to the cat.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    :noway: :indifferent: :frown: :sick: :huh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Ummmm....tuna brownies *eyes Sara* :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Ummmm....tuna brownies *eyes Sara* :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

been gone too long..i don't get it.