• Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    hahahaha..

So in..
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Tagging because...well you all know why.
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    in for cancer
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    In so in.

this-gonna-be-good-o.gif
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    In for science and tinfoil
  • ThickMcRunFast
    ThickMcRunFast Posts: 22,511 Member
    Options
    I don't want to...but i'm in.

homer-simpson-rolling-back-into-car.gif
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    I do wish GMO food were labeled better. I'd prefer not to eat them.
  • fxg20
    fxg20 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    GM foods are safe and predictable. The alternative breeding method is to wait for random mutations to improve food, and then you have no idea what you are getting. With GM you know exactly what you have added and what, if any, safety concerns might be present.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I don't want to...but i'm in.

homer-simpson-rolling-back-into-car.gif

:laugh:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    GM foods are safe and predictable. The alternative breeding method is to wait for random mutations to improve food, and then you have no idea what you are getting. With GM you know exactly what you have added and what, if any, safety concerns might be present.

So you're saying science trumps mother nature..
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options
    Good luck convincing the antiGMO crowd OP. I've been down that path and it always ends in tears. :laugh:
  • Charlottesometimes23
    Options

By the term Mother Nature I assume that you're referring to process of random mutation and natural selection? Otherwise, what is Mother Nature?
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Yes. Thank you deodorant.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

Do you have a pet? Bred by humans to be domesticated. Defying Mother Nature.

Organic food? Bred by humans to be as plump and tasty as possible. Defying Mother Nature.

This argument is centuries old. I don't know why people think it's something new...
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options
    I read the article.
    No evidence was found that DNA absorbed through the GI tract could be integrated into human cells—a popular anti-GMO criticism.

People geniunely believe that genetic material from GM foods can get into a human's blood stream and fuse with our dna?

:laugh:

:noway:
  • Kenazwa
    Kenazwa Posts: 278 Member
    Options

Organic food? Bred by humans to be as plump and tasty as possible. Defying Mother Nature.

This argument is centuries old. I don't know why people think it's something new...

A lot different than splicing something like fish dna into food to deter pests.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

And yet still very much the same.

Also I like fish. As far as I know eating fish doesn't hurt me any. Why do I care if my produce is part fish?
  • _SABOTEUR_
    Options

Why? It's changing the genetic makeup of something either way.

Also, have you ever been vaccinated?
  • tproctor
    tproctor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Well, I was not trying to convince anyone of anything. I am simply posting an article i felt would be of interest.
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options

Why? It's changing the genetic makeup of something either way.

Also, have you ever been vaccinated?

What does vaccination have to do with this.