Early Stages of Dating -- No-Nos

Options

Replies

• srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    When a guy tells you he loves you after one date. OMG... RUN!!!

this has happened to me before. Guy was all sorts of crazy.

I've had that happen and concur -- dude was bat snap crazzzzzzy!
  • homerjspartan
    homerjspartan Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    Driving us past the local Beth-Israel temple, affecting a German accent, and giving the Nazi salute.

but c'mon....Ed Norton was some kinda hot in this movie.......

261hmab.jpg
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I don't really believe in rules, like you can't do this or talk about this until date 3 or whatever. Just be who you are. That's either going to make the guy really uncomfortable (if he's douchey and trying to play the whole thing like he's following a script), or he's going to be relieved to discover that this doesn't have to be a dog and pony show and that you can just relax and learn something useful about each other. All of the awkwardness and "What am I allowed to say?" stuff tends to go away when you stop pretending and just be real.

I agree with Casey... I was just informed I should absolutely wait until at least date 3 before poo'ing my pants. Yet I scored a hottie by telling him I poo'd my pants IN ADVANCE of our first date. Ya never know what might turn someone on... *shrug*
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Driving us past the local Beth-Israel temple, affecting a German accent, and giving the Nazi salute.

261hmab.jpg

*sigh* He is always bone-able. Bonable? hrmmm....
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

261hmab.jpg

he followed the werewolf diet to get that physique.

OP, dont hold in your farts on the date.
    its going to happen eventually so just let it out so we can move on with our evening.
    when you shift in your chair a lot and make occasional scrunchy faces....i know whats happenin.
    we all do it. embrace it.
  • Crumpet_Girl
    Crumpet_Girl Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    OK, my current (and only) husband bought me a ring on our first date. Man it freaked me out! It was a birthday gift not an engagement ring but none the less it was a bit scary! haha

But I didn't run and we have been married 11 years now!

Sometimes these days people are too quick to judge... not saying you are just that I think it's worth giving people the benefit of the doubt until you get to know them! :wink:

Of course there are a number of examples in this thread already of people you should run from immediately!
  • homerjspartan
    Options

261hmab.jpg

its going to happen eventually so just let it out so we can move on with our evening.
    when you shift in your chair a lot and make occasional scrunchy faces....i know whats happenin.

But I would wait until the 3rd or 4th date to do this during a 69.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

but c'mon....Ed Norton is some kinda hot in every way.......

261hmab.jpg

FIFY
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    Don't try to video tape any sexual occurrences...

Way to be a fun sucker.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options

261hmab.jpg

depends what theyre into.

you blasted me on date #1 and we havent been apart since. seems to have worked out for us. :smooched:
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Excessive trash talking about exes. This is always a red flag for me.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    -Yelling "HEY!" in my face (thinking it's funny) to wake me up when I nodded off during a movie at his house. (It was past 1:00 in the morning.)

*Getting mad over a lighthearted jab I made over a (intentional) funny face he pulled and refusing to take me home when I'd had enough of the attitude. (he lived 30 miles away from my house)

* Physically blocking the front door so I couldn't leave and only relented when I threatened to call the cops.

*Alternating four or five times between shouting "Fine! Leave, you dirty b*tch!" and "I'm sorry, please come back inside!" as I walked(RAN) out and called a friend to pick me up.

All happened with the same person, * denotes happened on on the same date. Yeah. I couldn't make this *kitten* up.
  • homerjspartan
    Options

261hmab.jpg

depends what theyre into.

you blasted me on date #1 and we havent been apart since. seems to have worked out for us. :smooched:

Correct, but answered a craig's list ad for "insane methane fetish"....so I thought you were expecting it.
  • TheSlorax
    TheSlorax Posts: 2,401 Member
    Options
    My first date with a guy on Friday:

Him: "Oh. I shouldn't have ordered brocolli. It makes me fart."
    Me: **staring in shock**
    Him: "Let's hope I don't fart."
    Me: **face palm**

He's 35. Quite possibly why he's single.

Honesty is refreshing. Can I get his digits?
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    My first date with a guy on Friday:

Him: "Oh. I shouldn't have ordered brocolli. It makes me fart."
    Me: **staring in shock**
    Him: "Let's hope I don't fart."
    Me: **face palm**

He's 35. Quite possibly why he's single.

Honesty is refreshing. Can I get his digits?

Back off sister, I asked first! :tongue:
  • heylookitsval
    heylookitsval Posts: 1,141 Member
    Options
    Don't use your grandma's car to pick up a date. If you must use her car, don't tell your date about it.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    One time a girl tried to have sex with me on the first date.....I was like WTF kind of slut do you think I am............
  • mb1127
    mb1127 Posts: 36
    Options
    One of my friends had a first date with a guy she met online. He took her out to dinner then asked her if she wanted to take a walk in the park. All was going well until they got back to the car and he asked her if he could rub her feet. She thought it was awkward, but put her foot up. He then dipped his head down and tried to suck her toes! worst first date story I ever heard.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Don't use your grandma's car to pick up a date. If you must use her car, don't tell your date about it.

Or at least take her body out of the trunk first
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options
    One time a girl tried to have sex with me on the first date.....I was like WTF kind of slut do you think I am............

This has happened to me too! I did it the first few times and the relationships eventually failed. So the last time I didnt do it and it still failed. But at least I have my self respect.

My lonely...cold...dry....self respect. :cry: