235lbs obese to 150lbs lean 7-8% body fat

Options

Replies

• vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Amazing. You truly look like a different person. How many people do not recognize you?

Fantastic results.
  • wyllden
    wyllden Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done!!! 5 yrs, it's gonna be a long old journey for me then
  • M22KY
    M22KY Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Umm... did you say "was married." :love: :love:
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Amazing, dude. Simply amazing. Way to work your *kitten* off!
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Really solid.

YUP. :drinker:
  • Yesican5lb
    Options
    Wow! You look like a totally different person! Awesome job!
  • RachyD21
    RachyD21 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't usually comment too often but that is one astounding transformation! Congratulations, you really are an inspiration :)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    love this. Awesome job and congrats on having no excuses!
  • CeeCee_RB
    Options
    WOW!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Sweet!!!! Looking great! :flowerforyou:
  • sfbaumgarten
    sfbaumgarten Posts: 912 Member
    Options
    Incredible. You don't even look like the same person!
  • RECowgill
    RECowgill Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    This is a great transformation! You should emphasize to people here that this did take a long time. Five years of no doubt very very very hard work. A lot of people unfortunately have a distorted view that this sort of thing can be done quickly, when really it can't.

I'm 15 months into my transformation and I'm nowhere near where I want to be just yet. I had enough sense however to lay down a 3 year goal for myself, knowing that this wasn't going to be quick. Maybe it'll take me longer than three years, more like five like you I don't know.

Awesome job! You are an inspiration to MFP!
  • littlebutlean
    littlebutlean Posts: 2,159 Member
    Options
    very lucky wife

Ex .. :ohwell:
  • littlebutlean
    Options
    This is a great transformation! You should emphasize to people here that this did take a long time. Five years of no doubt very very very hard work. A lot of people unfortunately have a distorted view that this sort of thing can be done quickly, when really it can't.

I'm 15 months into my transformation and I'm nowhere near where I want to be just yet. I had enough sense however to lay down a 3 year goal for myself, knowing that this wasn't going to be quick. Maybe it'll take me longer than three years, more like five like you I don't know.

Yeah, it's a long long road. The body has a *REALLY* hard time coming back from being obese which I was for 12ish (?) years. You can lose weight much faster but to lose fat, put on muscle without putting fat back on, it's rough. I went up/down/up/down just trying to put on lean mass over time until I finally learned the standard cut/bulk CANNOT be done for someone who was previously obese. It doesn't work with the body.

Keep plugging away, consistency is key!
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    very lucky wife

Ex .. :ohwell:

Sorry....soooo how YOU doin'?
  • brittdani5
    brittdani5 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    You, sir, are definitely an inspiration. Well done!
  • littlebutlean
    Options
    Dude that is awesome!!!! So there is hope for me! downside is I will be 38 in a week, I would rather look like that before 40, but I guess I could look good like that after 40.

Yeah, being 30+ is not an excuse it seems. It may have taken me longer than it would take a 22 year old but it can still be done!
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Amazing transformation.....Fantastic job well done!!!!!!!!
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    Sweet baby Jesus. You look incredible! :drinker:
  • supra_driven
    supra_driven Posts: 90 Member
    Options

Yeah, it's a long long road. The body has a *REALLY* hard time coming back from being obese which I was for 12ish (?) years. You can lose weight much faster but to lose fat, put on muscle without putting fat back on, it's rough. I went up/down/up/down just trying to put on lean mass over time until I finally learned the standard cut/bulk CANNOT be done for someone who was previously obese. It doesn't work with the body.

Keep plugging away, consistency is key!

Can you elaborate on your method for putting on lean mass without all the fat that comes along with bulking? Did you just eat a little above maintenance and then do mini cuts? I'm down 55 lbs from 230 lbs and I am looking to increase my LBM because I'm lacking muscle. I don't really want to bulk/cut because of the reason you stated.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!